Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwards has the potential to be one of SU’s best big men. I think he will be a major surprise next year. He has excellent fundamentals, poise and IQ for a young player.
Next year Edwards will not be as good as Tape is now.

Also a year of practicing against Tape will help both Edwards and JBA develop.

I am bullish on Edwards but he needs a RS year to get stronger.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Me asking this kid to fix a weakness this roster has for next year.

Such a huge recruit.

Elijah Hughes is on our roster now isn’t he?
Andrew White, John gillon, Geno Thorpe transfered in right?
Boeheim is going to portal if he wants to get a Big here next year.
I'm worried he won't press to get the kid and someone else will. I want the 6'7 kid from Harvard too.

The Harvard kids has 2 years left too. We would be back next year with both of them.
Why would he come here? Kids like that go to programs in the top 25 with the chance to play for titles and relevancy. We aren’t at that point at this time. I could see him going to a Kentucky to be a steady upperclassmen alongside all the one and dones.

Why would he come here? Kids like that go to programs in the top 25 with the chance to play for titles and relevancy. We aren’t at that point at this time. I could see him going to a Kentucky to be a steady upperclassmen alongside all the one and dones.
They go where they can play. He isn’t necessarily playing at Kentucky.

LOL! Kids who go to Harvard and Columbia aren't going to paypal cal...Duke sure but they probably can't guarantee PT.

Are we even pursuing any transfers. I barely see us involved with any center or power forward recruits. The services only list us with a couple of Guards and forwards. No bigs to speak of and no transfers.

We need a center and someone to replace Hughes who will most likely leave

Let’s not recruit at all. Let’s just fold the program.

Programs go up and down.
If we don’t go all-in for this kid or a similar type player next year won’t be any better than this year.
Hell if we lose anything more than Carey that is a lot to overcome.

Programs go up and down.
If we don’t go all-in for this kid or a similar type player next year won’t be any better than this year.
Hell if we lose anything more than Carey that is a lot to overcome.
Kids get better. Or at least they should. I think Buddy is a better player this year than he was last year. I think he will get better. So will Joe G. Marek does a few things more than he did in the past. Hughes is definitely a better player now. The young centers will be better. Probably not Sidibe. He may have topped out for whatever reasons. Having said that, if we don't at least try for this kid, I think it is a solid reason for dismissal. This kid could help us. That is enough right there. But a center that can score and grab an actual rebound could be the difference between a winning team and a losing team. It was yesterday.

Kids get better. Or at least they should. I think Buddy is a better player this year than he was last year. I think he will get better. So will Joe G. Marek does a few things more than he did in the past. Hughes is definitely a better player now. The young centers will be better. Probably not Sidibe. He may have topped out for whatever reasons. Having said that, if we don't at least try for this kid, I think it is a solid reason for dismissal. This kid could help us. That is enough right there. But a center that can score and grab an actual rebound could be the difference between a winning team and a losing team. It was yesterday.
If Hughes goes who is the best player on the team?
Syracuse should always have atleast a second team all-conference level player.

Next year Edwards will not be as good as Tape is now.

Also a year of practicing against Tape will help both Edwards and JBA develop.

I am bullish on Edwards but he needs a RS year to get stronger.
He should be getting more pt now.

Sidibe grabbed 0 defensive rebounds yesterday...0.

LOL! Kids who go to Harvard and Columbia aren't going to paypal cal...Duke sure but they probably can't guarantee PT.
Wasn’t talking about Tape, only Towns here. Towns chose Harvard over Ohio State and Michigan and has proven to be a very good college player thus far (when healthy). This isn’t some average Ivy League kid.

And Kentucky brought in a Bucknell transfer this year to start for them, who I believe Towns is better than. It’s hardly crazy to believe a player in the unique situation as Towns, with his resume, could be an option for Kentucky, OSU, Michigan and other top 15-20 teams. With what next year looks like for us on paper, why would he look at us over teams much more likely to compete?

Let’s not recruit at all. Let’s just fold the program.
Yeah, exactly what I was saying there.

I would be all over Towns and Tape to add experience and ability to a weak roster. I just don’t see how it’s a good fit for Towns with his background and accomplishments. Tapé makes a ton of sense and would be a great get to help our interior, and would also seem to be more likely to come here.

Wasn’t talking about Tape, only Towns here. Towns chose Harvard over Ohio State and Michigan and has proven to be a very good college player thus far (when healthy). This isn’t some average Ivy League kid.

And Kentucky brought in a Bucknell transfer this year to start for them, who I believe Towns is better than. It’s hardly crazy to believe a player in the unique situation as Towns, with his resume, could be an option for Kentucky, OSU, Michigan and other top 15-20 teams. With what next year looks like for us on paper, why would he look at us over teams much more likely to compete?
By that logic he would have never chosen Harvard and a series of knee injuries would probably increase him prioritizing the free educational aspects of college basketball over being show cased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom