Patriot League cancelling spring sports | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Patriot League cancelling spring sports

My office building of 400 has been closed and working remotely for a week. Office was back open today with the option to work from home which I chose. Local schools have told teachers to start preparing for distance learning. I don't really know what else can be done. I think local municipalities, govs, hospitals, businesses are preparing the best they can. There's a lot of moving parts.
A few obvious measures at the federal level would be: 1) declare a national emergency (to free up FEMA resources); 2) clean up the personnel and material shortages created by defunding the CDC's global health response units; and 3) relax artificially-constricted testing criteria so the CDC and NIH can surveil the virus.

Last edited:
A few obvious measures at the federal level would be: 1) declare a national emergency (to free up FEMA resources); 2) clean up the personal and materials shortages created by defunding the CDC global health response units in 2018; and 3) relax the overly-tight testing criteria so we can do surveilance and figure out where this virus is.

I'm not going down this road but imo everyone needs to take personal responsibility..

I am going to just put this out there, the game Saturday will not happen. The season will be cancelled and there will be no 2020 champ. This COVID-19 virus is Airborne meaning just an infected person breathing (not even coughing or sneezing) can transmit it to others. And from the little info we have it appears infected people can transmit the virus for days without symptoms.
I’m sure for college seniors lacrosse especially this is going to be devastating news. The time they put into this game for it to end like this would be very hard. Maybe some Syracuse seniors would take another year if offered but I believe a great deal of players at lower level D1 schools will not. At this point kids are going to have jobs lined up in anticipation of graduating. This could potentially flip the pendulum of power in lacrosse as I believe only the big schools ACC, BIG TEN, I’m not sure about the IVY League are going to be able to keep their seniors if another year is offered. Another problem is roster size. Without the outgoing seniors to offset the freshman coming in how does that affect things... it will be very interesting to see what solution they reach.

We've done waaay more then Italy has as a nation.
Every company I work has employees working from home, the university 2 streets from me is on extended break, and all school distracts have plans in place. Local hospitals near me have set up contentment units and extra beds.
Kind of bad to compare us to Italy.

Not really. Know of several people who arrived overseas in the past week at JFK, walked off the plane and to their car without being checked. Business as usual.

Not really. Know of several people who arrived overseas in the past week at JFK, walked off the plane and to their car without being checked. Business as usual.
Sure that has happened.
I was referring to the broader precautions we took vs Italy basically doing nothing till it was to late.

how could anyone reasonably expect every passenger getting off the plane to be checked? And if it’s because they were coming back from a hotspot then I’d hope you’re friends would take personal responsibility to self isolate.

Have you met any human beings before? A person is smart, people are dumb. You can never rely on a large group of people to take personal responsibility

yeah that’s my biggest worry. It’s not the gov’s response. It’s jackasses who know they were in contact or who don’t feel well still going to work, or getting on a plane or going to a mall etc.

Last edited:
how could anyone reasonably expect every passenger getting off the plane to be checked? And if it’s because they were coming back from a hotspot then I’d hope you’re friends would take personal responsibility to self isolate.

They didn’t check anyone. But Trump said they’ve been monitoring and checking passengers. BS.

Did a little checking.

The US doesn’t screen but other countries are.

Some countries - if they are not barring entry - are screening arrivals at airports and other transport hubs. This can involve questioning travellers about their recent movements, their health and carrying out temperature checks.

Did a little checking.

The US doesn’t screen but other countries are.

Some countries - if they are not barring entry - are screening arrivals at airports and other transport hubs. This can involve questioning travellers about their recent movements, their health and carrying out temperature checks.
Need to check a little more. US has screened over 57,000 passengers coming into the country. Depending on where they come in, if they are deemed to be possibly positive, they are sent to one of the designated sites for quarantine.

Need to check a little more. US has screened over 57,000 passengers coming into the country. Depending on where they come in, if they are deemed to be possibly positive, they are sent to one of the designated sites for quarantine.

Ok, why isn’t everyone screened? That’s what’s happening in some countries. I’ll tell you why? It’s expensive.

Not exactly confidence-inspiring if you consider we have 40,000+ flights daily and 2.9M passengers. Even the numbers flying into/out of unblocked countries (PRK, UK, etc) make that figure look pitiful. Not to mention that entry/exit screening is notoriously ineffective. But forget all that, because the burglar's already in the house. At this point, we have our pants down with a shocking shortage of test kits and not enough reagents to make more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom