Paul Pasqualoni gets props on NFL broadcast ,,, | Syracusefan.com

Paul Pasqualoni gets props on NFL broadcast ,,,

cto

Administrator
I didn't realize he was the DC for Detroit Lions. Announcers gave him serious recognition tonight for the Lions dismantling of the Patriots. He is 69 years old ... and this is his 15th coaching job!

Saw that and then remembered he had a son named Dante who I believe was born in Syracuse and wondered how old he was. He's a freshman at Bryant University while his brother Tito is a freshman tight end at BC. Time does fly. Detroit's Matt Patricia was a football GA here at Syracuse from 2001-2003 when Coach P was here.

Has to be tough for a coach's family to go through so many moves / or living apart for long periods.

I didn't realize he was the DC for Detroit Lions. Announcers gave him serious recognition tonight for the Lions dismantling of the Patriots. He is 69 years old ... and this is his 15th coaching job!
Good for P ! A good man.

Saw that and then remembered he had a son named Dante who I believe was born in Syracuse and wondered how old he was. He's a freshman at Bryant University while his brother Tito is a freshman tight end at BC. Time does fly. Detroit's Matt Patricia was a football GA here at Syracuse from 2001-2003 when Coach P was here.

Has to be tough for a coach's family to go through so many moves / or living apart for long periods.
It may be, but he had the financial security to hang it up quite a while ago, if that was an issue. I don't think that's in his DNA though.

It may be, but he had the financial security to hang it up quite a while ago, if that was an issue. I don't think that's in his DNA though.

Yes I know he was head coach at SU before salaries truly exploded. But between that and the UConn job and being a coordinator/assistant in the NFL, if he couldn't financially retire at this point, he's much more of a mad spender than I ever would imagine.

Last edited:
Yes I know he was head coach at SU before salaries truly exploded. But between that and the UConn job and being a coordinator/assistant in the NFL, if he couldn't financially retire at this point, he's much more of a mad spender than I ever would imagine.
Yeah, he made about 4.5 million at UConn and I would think was close to, if not over, 1 million per year as a DC at Miami to go along with whatever he made at various places as a position coach.

DuAbxslVYAEE1ku.jpg