Payoff for Mizzou game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Payoff for Mizzou game

Anything non preferred seating IMO is very very reasonable for season tickets, you want reasonable seats buy them, pony up for preferred C or D, do something but the university has bent over backwards to cater to whiners yet there is no change. The cost of season tickets from A-Z is affordable, IMO. Sure preferred A amnd B are top heavy but don't buy them. Sounds to me as people want 50 yard line seats, row 2 for 250/ ticket, more or less

Well, the A's and the B's is where the money is for the University. Not Joe blow buy $100 seats. The efforts should be placed there but it is easier for people to jump on the people who think 100 is too much in their budget.

What suggestions do you have for SU to get the sidelines filled instead of the end zones?

You're living in a fantasy world if you think SU could make $500K with an opponent named North Texas.

Doesn't concession/parking money get split between different areas of SU? Or even another area all together, and not to the general athletic department pool?

$200-300K TOPS. Which is a far cry from $600K.

Well since I said maybe $300k, maybe $500k (depending upon opponent which would drive attendance) and you said $300k TOPS, we kinda are close. The point was, before this went in tangents, it isn't some $800k windfall after expenses or compared to a home game profit. Seems like using your numbers it might be $300-$350K TOPS, which is a far cry from $800K. Good coin but not $800K some used as the measuring stick.

Agree 100%, afterall we would have people complaining that $200 for two season tickets at a stadium without a bad seat lacks value. Maybe it's the traffic, What. This leaves me scratching my head, yet again it doesn't in the slightest. $200? I will spend more than that on a couple of tailgates.

Damit, I want pony rides!!

I could see if you supported a family of 4 on a mcdonalds paycheck then $200 is a lot of money but seriously, my kid probably cashed in $200 worth of cans last year.

wouldnt it be cheaper to just give the kid the $200 instead of making him turn in your empties?

Gentlemen, I think we can all agree that given the circumstances...the Missouri game isn't a terrible deal.

Had this deal been made under "normal" scheduling circumstances, I think we'd have more of a reason to bitch.
The Missouri deal is a terrible deal. When you schedule a BCS team and you are Syracuse, you schedule a home and home. Even Rutgers was able to schedule Arkansas in a home and home.

But what is done is done. It is time to move on. Let's hope for better performance from our troubled athletic department in the future.

The Missouri deal is a terrible deal. When you schedule a BCS team and you are Syracuse, you schedule a home and home. Even Rutgers was able to schedule Arkansas in a home and home.

But what is done is done. It is time to move on. Let's hope for better performance from our troubled athletic department in the future.
Missouri is a non-traditional opponent in a recruiting territory that is essentially of zero interest to us. When would the return game have been? Aren't we booked with Penn State and Notre Dame for the next 5 years or so? Plus Northwestern in 2013? If we are going the BCS major - MAC - D1AA route for scheduling OOC, assuming a 9-game ACC sched, then there is no room for Missouri for 5 or more years. Why bother scheduling that game? Better to leave future options open for scheduling a major opponent in a natural recruiting territory, preferably WV, a Big-10, or SEC opponent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom