Peach Jam | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Peach Jam

As an aside, for those that weren't on any of the old boards, Mason used to give us great reports from many of his recruiting trips. It's almost like a flashback reading AlpharettaCuse's excellent post.

Thanks realorange. I miss those days...

Mason, may I be as bold to ask your profession? Don't mean to get personal but my curiosity got the best of me when someone mentioned you as having been on the recruiting trail. I'm new here and a bit lost sometimes.

I am a scientist at a government research lab. I got my PhD in chemistry from Syracuse University in 2002, although now most of my research is in materials science spanning from polymer physics and dielectrics to electro/photo mechanics and electron microscopy. I also have a side business making guitars, guitar amps, custom engravings, and beer-related peripherals (working with several small microbreweries and a few bars on branding with custom tap handles, coasters, etc).

As an aside, for those that weren't on any of the old boards, Mason used to give us great reports from many of his recruiting trips. It's almost like a flashback reading AlpharettaCuse's excellent post.

That's exactly what I thought of. I remember reading these kinds of write-ups about Carmelo back in the day. Good times.

I am a scientist at a government research lab. I got my PhD in chemistry from Syracuse University in 2002, although now most of my research is in materials science spanning from polymer physics and dielectrics to electro/photo mechanics and electron microscopy. I also have a side business making guitars, guitar amps, custom engravings, and beer-related peripherals (working with several small microbreweries and a few bars on branding with custom tap handles, coasters, etc).
Not exactly a dull background, lol. By any chance, did someone just get appointed to head your agency that doesn't believe in science and wants to dismantle the agency and all the research you've done?

Last edited:

Chemistry you say? Can I be your Jesse Pinkman, Walter?

Not exactly a dull background, lol. By any chance, did someone just get appointed to head your agency that doesn't believe in science and wants to dismantle the agency and all the research you've done?

No, different agency, but the current administration's (and corresponding party) outlook on science is comical at best, extremely dangerous at worst. These people claim to be businessmen but have literally zero clue on what sort of impact science has had on driving American business development over the last 100+ years.

Thanks man Now I feel more inferior then ever lol

No, different agency, but the current administration's (and corresponding party) outlook on science is comical at best, extremely dangerous at worst. These people claim to be businessmen but have literally zero clue on what sort of impact science has had on driving American business development over the last 100+ years.
They're fine with science when it supports efficiencies (especially automation) and drives technological development. They're not as attentive when it supports regulation.

They're fine with science when it supports efficiencies (especially automation) and drives technological development. They're not as attentive when it supports regulation.
This is one that works both ways (talks both ways?) with them because the greater the automation, the fewer jobs they provide.

Make pairs of mirror-image guitars and sell them under the Enantiomer brand.

That is just what we need, more regulation. Why should there be private property? Why not run the economy by public referendum implemented by politicians? Venezuela, Cuba, Europe, Russia, China, so many good examples to follow. 20 trillion in debt. That is not enough. Spend more. Why should anyone pay for anything? Tax, spend and regulate our way to utopia. "If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” Feel the Bern.

Last edited:
Sassy. I think you misread a friendly minded post.
I may have but I'm just playing. I genuinely don't mean any disrespect. In fact I enjoy his posts. I thought it was friendly sarcastic banter

Sassy. I think you misread a friendly minded post.
I may have but I'm just playing. I genuinely don't mean any disrespect. In fact I enjoy his posts. I thought it was friendly sarcastic banter
I didn't take offense to anything. I hope people realize 90% of what I post is light hearted. I knew Mason was a chemist, but I thought the phone case designer thing was funnier.

I didn't take offense to anything. I hope people realize 90% of what I post is light hearted. I knew Mason was a chemist, but I thought the phone case designer thing was funnier.
It's all good orangefog! We are Orange brothers! I thought he may have been a sportswriter

I met Mason in the stands at Manley watching pre-season. I was fresh out of law school, and he was still a Ph.D. candidate.
To this day, the only thing I understand about what he does is beer.

I met Mason in the stands at Manley watching pre-season. I was fresh out of law school, and he was still a Ph.D. candidate.
To this day, the only thing I understand about what he does is beer.

Yes, I am an avid homebrewer and I also have a little side project right now where I'm contributing to a business plan for a brewery (not mine per se, but I'd be part of the investment team and I'd guide brand development, etc). Not sure if it will ever come to fruition, but it's been fun to think about...

Heh...this is exactly what I do.

Yes, I am an avid homebrewer and I also have a little side project right now where I'm contributing to a business plan for a brewery (not mine per se, but I'd be part of the investment team and I'd guide brand development, etc). Not sure if it will ever come to fruition, but it's been fun to think about...
A couple questions about that:

What am I looking to spend to get started brewing? What is start up for avid brewer? Is there a resource/website to help me get started?

Unless something has changed or the Battle recruitment really caused a rift, I'd be surprised by that. JB and Beilein were definitely friendly off the court for years. During Michigan and SU's 2013 Final Four runs, Beilein praised JB for helping him early in his career at Lemoyne and advocating for him to land the job at Canisius.

As for Mark Few, besides Coach K I think Few is one of JB's closest friends in the current coaching ranks. They've discussed their friendship the past couple times SU and the Zags have played. And Few talked about JB several times during the Zags' tournament run last season. Discussed what JB told him about losing a national championship game.
I'm probably misinformed but I thought I remembered reading on here a long time ago that they were never close.

When asked by the other coaches at Peach Jam what he thought about Carey, Boeheim said, "too many bad shots."

14379072-standard.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom