Penalties & Kickoffs | Syracusefan.com

Penalties & Kickoffs

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
I’ve been watching football for nearly 40 years of my life… I have never, ever, seen a team kickoff from their own 10 yard line OR kickoff from the other side of the 50. To see both in the same game, much less back to back, is absolute anomaly & I love it.

Somehow, someway, Purdue found a way to stack 30 yards of penalties on both kicks, it’s hard to even do that. As we all know, the game could likely have been ended differently without the penalties on the Purdue extra point.

I’m just basking in the huge win & the craziness of the circumstances, but I’m also loving seeing kickoff scenarios I’ve never seen, for the Orange benefit, TWICE!

Why not squib the kick with seven seconds left to kill the clock? They gave Purdue another play

I’ve been watching football for nearly 40 years of my life… I have never, ever, seen a team kickoff from their own 10 yard line OR kickoff from the other side of the 50. To see both in the same game, much less back to back, is absolute anomaly & I love it.

Somehow, someway, Purdue found a way to stack 30 yards of penalties on both kicks, it’s hard to even do that. As we all know, the game could likely have been ended differently without the penalties on the Purdue extra point.

I’m just basking in the huge win & the craziness of the circumstances, but I’m also loving seeing kickoff scenarios I’ve never seen, for the Orange benefit, TWICE!
Most Purdue fans are justifiably upset with the lack of discipline of their players AND coaches. The dumb ones are blaming the refs.

Why not squib the kick with seven seconds left to kill the clock? They gave Purdue another play

it ws less risky to kick it through the endzone, since im assuming our kids were told if you think your in trouble to pull the receiver down since its only a 15 yard penalty
Dino mentioned in the presser how they were able to call a time out after seeing how Purdue lined up. They then told the players what they’ve seen Purdue run out of that formation. If they didn’t have a TO, maybe they play it differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom