Penna to valuable to run back punts | Syracusefan.com

Penna to valuable to run back punts

Penna to valuable to be punt returner
With his injury history, we are lucky to see his talent now .Been missing him the last two years due to injuries. We have him healthy now , after seeing how hard he was hit on last punt return , my advice is put someone else out there and let him dazzle us with his receiving talents

Okay, so we have a running back that you want to play more. And now, you don't want Pena returning punts. I think our coaches are on top of things (for a change). Relax. Enjoy.
Oh stop. Being cautious on a talent we need now and the rest of season...we respectfully dissagree..I'm relaxed but know what can happen...I'm enjoying the ride. Trying not to think about the SYR injury curse ...be preventive

Oh stop. Being cautious on a talent we need now and the rest of season...we respectfully dissagree..I'm relaxed but know what can happen...I'm enjoying the ride. Trying not to think about the SYR injury curse ...be preventive
I wasn't being harsh. Just that we are on the way to a good thing. I doubt Willis is going anywhere. I am sure the coaches have a plan for him. The better point was pena but he is also valuable on punt returns. You need judgment for that and he has it.

We should start MJ Jr. at QB to protect McCord from being injured. He’s too valuable to lose.
Yes! MJ jr and CDRW to valuable start a walk on and play every true freshman im worried they are going to transfer. It’s game 2! Quit worrying about who will transfer and coaches may get hired away etc. the roster, coaches and players changes on a year to year basis just quit worrying about it. Kids are going to come and go and Nixon is a really good RB2

Tinno, we don’t have a Penna.
1725846625243.jpeg

I think we all agree with the sentiment that he’s super valuable as a WR. What he brings to the table as a PR though is very valuable as well. He has a solid history playing there with a good return average, makes great decisions on when to catch it, and has been sure handed which may even be the most important factor. I think keeping him there is worth the risk.

Good teams have their best players play on special teams. Marvin Harrison returned punts his junior and senior years.

I’d rather someone else return them but ST is a disaster right now and we can’t risk muffs.

My first thought Saturday was having that guy return punts is nuts.

When Harrison returned punts we had no choice. That was the Offense.

I think we all agree with the sentiment that he’s super valuable as a WR. What he brings to the table as a PR though is very valuable as well. He has a solid history playing there with a good return average, makes great decisions on when to catch it, and has been sure handed which may even be the most important factor. I think keeping him there is worth the risk.
He made a bad decision not to fair catch one and shoulda caught one that ended up inside the 10yd line. However, I do think hes valuable as a PR but the risk is only worth it if the drop off to the next option significant.
I imagine we have at least a couple guys that are reliable and capable to break one.
Gill did well returning kickoffs at the end of last year, Meeks seems sure handed and also Nixon-he was a WR. James is trusted enough for kickoffs.

But I dônt know maybe the drop off is significant.
Yea if hes the best, he should be back there.
No question, once you think about it.

Last edited:
I have no problem with Pena as the PR guy as long as we can figure out how to protect him more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom