People on this board dissing Marrone, Hackett, et al | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

People on this board dissing Marrone, Hackett, et al

My point is that if DM did them so wrong why in the interviews and preser be so complimentary and praise him so much? If he was such a snake why go out of way to say what great job he did like both SS &TGD did. I think that no one hear really knows how it all went down and again the way they complimented does not sound like a group that was hood winked
can you read?

My point is that if DM did them so wrong why in the interviews and preser be so complimentary and praise him so much? If he was such a snake why go out of way to say what great job he did like both SS &TGD did. I think that no one hear really knows how it all went down and again the way they complimented does not sound like a group that was hood winked
This is funny. You got a lot to learn.

Be mad -- knock yourself out. But college athletics at this level ain't beanbag. And I have no idea of the promises made by Marrone -- nor would I bet do you -- but he (reportedly) also felt some weren't kept on SU's end either. (The job was certainly less "dreamy" to him than it was in 2009, as Rahme has stated.) Gross wasn't so mad at him that they didn't talk last Thursday.

The worrisome thing to me is that some of you think things happen in a vacuum. That if we got a different head coach, we would've kept the staff and recruits together. That we can start threads with the title "[Expletive] Marrone" and recruits, parents, and outsiders won't think negatively of the school and its fan base.

Now we're saying we have zero respect for the man who worked hard to bring SU football back from the brink. What prospective coach would want to walk into a situation where taking away a 34-year-old coordinator garners such vitriol?

Be mad -- knock yourself out. But college athletics at this level ain't beanbag. I have no idea of the promises made by Marrone -- nor would I bet do you -- but he also felt some weren't kept on SU's end either. Gross wasn't so mad at him that they didn't talk last Thursday.

The worrisome thing to me is that some of you think things happen in a vacuum. That if we got a different head coach, we would've kept the staff and recruits together. That we can start threads with the title "[Expletive] Marrone" and recruits, parents, and outsiders won't think negatively of the school and the fan base.

Now we're saying we have zero respect for what Marrone did here. What prospective coach would want to walk into a situation where taking away a 34-year-old coordinator garners such vitriol?
I don't think it's "vitriol" it's more than anything the truth.

maybe a lot of us here who you think are "acting like a 12 year old boy whose 1st gf dumped him" know of what we speak of from various legit sources...just sayin...

I will bet you anything you want that 95% of the people flying off the handle here this past week have little if any solid inside knowledge of the situation, whether first hand or through legit sources close to the program. Cto has that knowledge. Most don't. Likewise, she can show how strongly she feels about the situation without throwing a board hissy fit.

Myself being someone that has no Inside knowledge and being someone that fully admits that, I appreciate her insight because I know it's genuine and something that I can feel comfortable forming an educated opinion from.

If we had a payside, we could get all the inside info, wrapped up in unclear, fragmentary and occluded statements, just like we get now.;)

This is an excellent post. I would add just one thing to it. After that "Love, Coach Marrone" letter he sent to the players..... he then turned around and immediately started to poach the staff,,,,causing resulting damage to the recruiting class. I have zero respect for him. Zero. Scott has been left in a very difficult position. He has to hire a new O staff and hold together what is left of the recruiting class. He needs the support of all SU fans going forward... in terms of attending games, financial support and showing some love in the media. Within the space of two days...he lost a lot of what he thought he was signing on for. He needs our support.
good lord theres a lot in there.

i was in the 'of course hes going to ask his friends, his current coaches to come along for the ride' camp...but if he made it seem as if he wouldnt, then oomph.

i hope the bills play the patsies week 1. im giving the points, even if its 20.

Oh Lord

Fascinating thread, started slow but boy oh boy it had me reading and gripped like a good novel.

If Marrone had his sights on Hackett right from the beginning and then lied about it, wow that just plain sucks. I wonder if he just couldn't get who he wanted and panicked? That's what I hope happened because if this was the plan all along to take Hackett and say he wasn't, that is just plain wrong and pretty damn unprofessional. Would he be that upset with the school to do this type of thing?

coach's, used car salesman and lawyers-

if you believe a word they say after you pay them -your a friggin idiot

we can whine all we want-it aint worth bottling

hcss is in the deep end of the pool , and i bet he had a whole lot better idea what was coming than any of us-

this is a small class- and who is to say the last minute additions wont be great players 3-4 years from now
like coach said- we want kids who want to be here- if some kid wants to only be with 1 coach- screw him, what if that guy left next year? kid would transfer anyway

I haven't posted since all of this started. I wanted to do the opposite of what I normally do which is couchburn. Well I've waited and watched, watched our OC get poached, watched half the staff run out of the door, watched our top recruit decommit days before he was supposed to enroll and watched all the work I thought Doug had done go up in smoke. :bang: Oh Lord And that's all I got to say about that.

This is an excellent post. I would add just one thing to it. After that "Love, Coach Marrone" letter he sent to the players..... he then turned around and immediately started to poach the staff,,,,causing resulting damage to the recruiting class. I have zero respect for him. Zero. Scott has been left in a very difficult position. He has to hire a new O staff and hold together what is left of the recruiting class. He needs the support of all SU fans going forward... in terms of attending games, financial support and showing some love in the media. Within the space of two days...he lost a lot of what he thought he was signing on for. He needs our support.
i'm doing a whitney houston imitation over here. not the od'ing in a bathtub whitney but the belting out from the mountaintops bodyguard dolly parton cover song whitney

Any examples of HC's that have moved on to other positions and didn't take any of their staff with them?

It's standard industry practice.

Coach Mac when he left Syracuse University took Ivan Fears and I think a couple of others, but for the most part left the staff intact.

Face it, Marrone told us what we wanted to hear, nailed us and some got their cookies off and some didn't and now we're a scorned fan lashing out because he found a another place to coach.

People need to toughen up and stop acting like a bunch of scorned lovers.

Sincerely,
@hardnosed

Sincerely,
@hardnosed

Agreed. I think everybody will be there at their own pace and for some it'll take a while.

Sincerely,
@hardnosed

Honestly... Marrone is pulling a Schiano and we all thought we was better than that. That is the issue. Scorned lovers murder their ex. I don't think anyone here wants Doug dead, but we are pizzed off and there isn't anything wrong with that, tough or not.

Honestly... Marrone is pulling a Schiano and we all thought we was better than that. That is the issue. Scorned lovers murder their ex. I don't think anyone hear wants Doug dead, but we are pizzed off and there isn't anything wrong with that, tough or not.

Well once you're done listening to your Alanis Morissette CD 10 more times, you'll be fine. j/k

Does he still have BB seats? Or were those part of the fringe in his contract? I doubt he'll be back in the dome anytime soon. Does HCSS get them now?

Honestly... Marrone is pulling a Schiano and we all thought we was better than that. That is the issue. Scorned lovers murder their ex. I don't think anyone here wants Doug dead, but we are pizzed off and there isn't anything wrong with that, tough or not.

Oh bullshit. Coaches always take staff with them. Everybody here just lives with their heads in the sand.

I met a coach that coached with Doug at SUNY Cortland right around the time Doug was hired at SU he said most of the coaching staff did not like him and he was arrogant and impossible to work with. At the time I just chalked it up as him being a hater, now I wonder.

Well at the time, he was only there as a stepping stone to get to his final destination, Syracuse. He said that several times in early 2009, and even used Cortland as an example by name.

No, Schiano didn't leave after only 4 years

Oh bullshit. Coaches always take staff with them. Everybody here just lives with their heads in the sand.

Of course they do. Because they are more concerned with their future job than the one they are leaving. Coaches really don't give 2 sh!ts about the job they're leaving, rear view mirror. I think many people here thought this situation might be different. It wasn't.

I don't blame any of the assistants (again, I hope no one else does). I was a little surprised by Wheatley though, only because he just seemed like a natural recruiter, I figured him for someone who liked the college game better. He may be back (not at SU though). Right now, an opportunity is an opportunity.

Bingo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't know I could just imagine that he had guys and they said "Sure Doug, if you ever become HC in the NFL I'll be there with you" and then they are in a different situation or just don't want to go to Buffalo and they politely turn him down. That's how I pictured this and for Dougs sake I hope is true and not that he and Hackett were basically a package the whole time.

Of course they do. Because they are more concerned with their future job than the one they are leaving. Coaches really don't give 2 sh!ts about the job they're leaving, rear view mirror. I think many people here thought this situation might be different. It wasn't.

I don't blame any of the assistants (again, I hope no one else does). I was a little surprised by Wheatley though, only because he just seemed like a natural recruiter, I figured him for someone who liked the college game better. He may be back (not at SU though). Right now, an opportunity is an opportunity.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Doug was one of us but in the end treated us the same way any outsider would have, as a stepping stone and nothing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom