People on this board dissing Marrone, Hackett, et al | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

People on this board dissing Marrone, Hackett, et al

This is an excellent post. I would add just one thing to it. After that "Love, Coach Marrone" letter he sent to the players..... he then turned around and immediately started to poach the staff,,,,causing resulting damage to the recruiting class. I have zero respect for him. Zero. Scott has been left in a very difficult position. He has to hire a new O staff and hold together what is left of the recruiting class. He needs the support of all SU fans going forward... in terms of attending games, financial support and showing some love in the media. Within the space of two days...he lost a lot of what he thought he was signing on for. He needs our help.
Thank you for posting the truth. Go any comments?

This is an excellent post. I would add just one thing to it. After that "Love, Coach Marrone" letter he sent to the players..... he then turned around and immediately started to poach the staff,,,,causing resulting damage to the recruiting class. I have zero respect for him. Zero. Scott has been left in a very difficult position. He has to hire a new O staff and hold together what is left of the recruiting class. He needs the support of all SU fans going forward... in terms of attending games, financial support and showing some love in the media. Within the space of two days...he lost a lot of what he thought he was signing on for. He needs our help.

Not to mention his promise to Gross which resulted in Gross and SS being completely blind sided by the Hackett announcement just as he was going to sign a contract with a significant increase. Its not what Marrone did, but how he did it. Some will hide behind the fact that all coaches take assts with them which is only an attempt to mask the unethical behavior.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm amazed at how content Marrone seems to be to absolutely piss away any good will he had generated.

Not to mention his promise to Gross which resulted in Gross and SS being completely blind sided by the Hackett announcement just as he was going to sign a contract with a significant increase. Its not what Marrone did, but how he did it. Some will hide behind the fact that all coaches take assts with them which is only an attempt to mask the unethical behavior.

Def rethinking my opinions...

Are we still having the Bills play a preseason game in the dome? Tell me we aren't...

Money be damned

It may be standard practice, but I believed that Doug was an extraordinary man who believed in honor and character as much as in opportunity. He had a plan for how to rejuvenate SU football that I thought he truly believed in. In the end he was just an opportunistic football coach acting according to standard industry practice. I still think we are better for his tenure, but he's not quite the man I thought he was. I wish him well but would have preferred that he could have planned as well for his exit as he did for his arrival.
Could it be you heard him say thing you interpreted one way and he meant them another. I have met the man and spoken with him, and I do not feel the way you do. I did and still think he is a man of high character, but no one is perfect and no man could come to Syracuse and satisfy all the fans, and no man could leave Syracuse in these circa ranches and satisfy everyone

Man that is edd up

Thank you, CTO. Needed to be said.

I'm amazed at how content Marrone seems to be to absolutely piss away any good will he had generated.

I think it's pretty clear that Syracuse University doesn't mean as much to Doug as it does to most of us. As others have said, I have zero issue with him leaving. None. But I have zero respect for the way he handled his departure.

I preface this by saying I completely understand if you can't answer. But for my own sanity (?), I have to ask...

What is the general feeling of the Administration/BOT towards DM? Was there bad blood between the two? Could there be any chance some of these moves are being made out of spite?

That's not to say he's hiring unqualified candidates. But you'd think an NFL coach would have the "pick of the litter" in terms of coaching talent. I'm just trying to understand why DM would continue to pick apart his alma mater that he apparently loved so much...
I think you just got your answer straight from the horses mouth...

I preface this by saying I completely understand if you can't answer. But for my own sanity (?), I have to ask...

What is the general feeling of the Administration/BOT towards DM? Was there bad blood between the two? Could there be any chance some of these moves are being made out of spite?

That's not to say he's hiring unqualified candidates. But you'd think an NFL coach would have the "pick of the litter" in terms of coaching talent. I'm just trying to understand why DM would continue to pick apart his alma mater that he apparently loved so much...
I was speaking only for myself. Let others speak for themselves.

Could it be you heard him say thing you interpreted one way and he meant them another. I have met the man and spoken with him, and I do not feel the way you do. I did and still think he is a man of high character, but no one is perfect and no man could come to Syracuse and satisfy all the fans, and no man could leave Syracuse in these circa ranches and satisfy everyone
I met a coach that coached with Doug at SUNY Cortland right around the time Doug was hired at SU he said most of the coaching staff did not like him and he was arrogant and impossible to work with. At the time I just chalked it up as him being a hater, now I wonder.

Thank you for posting this. You have legitimate insight into the situation and I appreciate your input. I find this 1000 times more valuable than having to read yet another post by someone with no inside knowledge acting like a 12 year old boy whose 1st gf just dumped him.

If Doug agreed to not poach the staff, and turned around and did it, then that definitely alters my opinion of him. Him moving on for a promotion and changing his mind about the SU HC job (the whole dream job thing that has been beaten to death) those things happen. But breaking your word in this manner just rubs me the wrong way.

Are we still having the Bills play a preseason game in the dome? Tell me we aren't...

Money be damned
Good call.

So I would assume since you make so much more in your profession than a Bills coach, and you are in the top of your field you will be writing that check to start the IPF in a "heartbeat"

Thank you for posting this. You have legitimate insight into the situation and I appreciate your input. I find this 1000 times more valuable than having to read yet another post by someone with no inside knowledge acting like a 12 year old boy whose 1st gf just dumped him.

If Doug agreed to not poach the staff, and turned around and did it, then that definitely alters my opinion of him. Him moving on for a promotion and changing his mind about the SU HC job (the whole dream job thing that has been beaten to death) those things happen. But breaking your word in this manner just rubs me the wrong way.
maybe a lot of us here who you think are "acting like a 12 year old boy whose 1st gf dumped him" know of what we speak of from various legit sources...just sayin...

Yeah, let's air our disrespect for the guy who worked hard to bring SU football back to respectability. We'll be beating high-qualified applicants off with sticks!

This is part of the job because it happens every time.SS seemed very commentary at the preser if it was that bad I would think DM would not have been mentioned let alone praised like he was

This is part of the job because it happens every time.SS seemed very commentary at the preser if it was that bad I would think DM would not have been mentioned let alone praised like he was
Two wrongs dont make a right. Scott is the real deal Doug is balogne

Yeah, let's air our disrespect for the guy who worked hard to bring SU football back to respectability. We'll be beating high-qualified applicants off with sticks!
Truth hurts sorry. He left it was his choice. Hell Robinson won't even come back to Syracuse because of the backlash. It's all about wins and losses at the end of the day not morals or ethics, right?

SS does owe a lot to Marrone. Also, him saying what he did, as well as what Gross said about Marrone "are part of the job".

Two wrongs dont make a right. Scott is the real deal Doug is balogne
My point is that if DM did them so wrong why in the interviews and preser be so complimentary and praise him so much? If he was such a snake why go out of way to say what great job he did like both SS &TGD did. I think that no one hear really knows how it all went down and again the way they complimented does not sound like a group that was hood winked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom