Per Donna about Tyus | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donna's info makes sense when you think about it. I'm not sure testing the waters helps him. As was posted above, getting your game picked apart isn't fun, or profitable.

He is a serious student...and getting a degree in theee years is more appealing for him than most athletes.
Do we know for a fact that he is on pace to graduate in 3 years?

No. The plan before the season was for him to leave after this year. It would be very surprising to deviate from that plan.
The development of MD, PC and Frank, along with the NCAA fun, MAY have influenced his thinking. Who knows?

Do we know for a fact that he is on pace to graduate in 3 years?
Well, if he took AP classes, plus summer classes, not hard.
My son missed his 4th semester due to mono, and will be just 6 credits shy of his degree at Stony Brook at the end of 3 years (5 semesters). The AP stuff really helps.
Alex Smith had about 24 AP hours in HS, I think.

The X factor beyond The Battle family that values education is...Does Tyus have an on campus girlfriend?
Not sure how much a gf would come into play, but his dad really impresses me with seemingly being realistic which confuses me a little on not testing the waters. Hopefully, he is pushing for "one mo year".

Well, if he took AP classes, plus summer classes, not hard.
My son missed his 4th semester due to mono, and will be just 6 credits shy of his degree at Stony Brook at the end of 3 years (5 semesters). The AP stuff really helps.
Alex Smith had about 24 AP hours in HS, I think.
I know he's a good student maybe someone else knows how many credits he has.

She was on axe and stated a few notable bullet points.
  • She believes he’ll either be all in the draft or all out of the draft and won’t just test waters!
  • He and his family value the potential to graduate in three years!!
  • He will decide next week!!!
2251433-Robert-De-Niro-Quote-Whenever-there-is-any-doubt-there-is-no-doubt.jpg

Not sure how much a gf would come into play, but his dad really impresses me with seemingly being realistic which confuses me a little on not testing the waters. Hopefully, he is pushing for "one mo year".
Went to all male catholic high school and a little love in your heart goes a long way. Getting a degree, being a BMOC star athlete on a contending team he loves and a loving girlfriend to share that with sounds good to me. That’s my kind of trifecta

Briancuse's head might spontaneously combust if two guys who *could* leave because they are probable high draft picks next year decide to come back
I really wouldn't be all that upset if Tyus leaves. Yea bazley leaving pissed me off big time. For us to be the first school and likely only school to lose someone to the g league and the way it went down urks me big time.

I would take another year of Battle over Bazley every day of the week and twice on big Monday. Battle is a proven big-time and clutch scorer on the college level and an underrated defender. He will be that much tougher to guard with an improved supporting cast, not to mention no longer having the pressure of knowing he can't go full out every second because he can't ever come off the floor.

I would take another year of Battle over Bazley every day of the week and twice on big Monday. Battle is a proven big-time and clutch scorer on the college level and an underrated defender. He will be that much tougher to guard with an improved supporting cast.
I agree with that except the twice on Monday part.

No. The plan before the season was for him to leave after this year. It would be very surprising to deviate from that plan.

Heaven forbid a change of plan a year later in a very fluid environment based on the latest data.

Status
Not open for further replies.