Per Donna about Tyus | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot take:

I almost don't want Battle to come back. If he does we'll have a good season but most likely won't win a National Championship (it's really hard to do). Then I'll be thinking about what if we had Bazley just like I'll always think what if about AO and Fab Melo.
So you don't want a 20ppg scorer back next year? Got it makes complete sense.

Hot take:

I almost don't want Battle to come back. If he does we'll have a good season but most likely won't win a National Championship (it's really hard to do). Then I'll be thinking about what if we had Bazley just like I'll always think what if about AO and Fab Melo.
aka

"I hope we never get any good players because then i'll expect us to win a national championship, and if we don't i'll be upset"

you must be a blast at parties

Anyone else hearing he is coming back?

aka

"I hope we never get any good players because then i'll expect us to win a national championship, and if we don't i'll be upset"

you must be a blast at parties

Yeah that's what I said. :rolling:

Yeah I think short of JB saying "he'll be back", he made it pretty obvious

Crazy to think how close we might have been to

PG: Howard
SG: Battle
SF: Brissett
PF: Bazley
C: Chukwu

6th: Marek
7th: Carey
8th: Hughes
9th: Sidbie

If he comes back it obviously makes the team better but looking towards the future it lessens the chance of Carey getting huge minutes and possibly killing it and leaving after one year. Maybe I’m reaching but I feel like thats huge going forward

Crazy to think how close we might have been to

PG: Howard
SG: Battle
SF: Hughes
PF: Brissett
C: Chukwu

6th: Marek
7th: Carey
8th: Sidibe

The above lineup (without Baz) is still formidable tho.

That starting lineup has lots of experience now & a level of proven production (Battle, Howard, Chukwu)...but still enough untapped potential to be realized such that we won't hit a ceiling mid-season (Hughes, Brissett, Chukwu).

And the "backups" include a guy who looked like best player on team at times late last year in big time games (Marek), a guy who already posted a double-double (Sidibe)...and then the wildcard...the guy who could put us over the top if he brings the swagger & playmaking he showed in high school (Carey).

Fun group to imagine representing our Orange.

If he comes back it obviously makes the team better but looking towards the future it lessens the chance of Carey getting huge minutes and possibly killing it and leaving after one year. Maybe I’m reaching but I feel like thats huge going forward
If Carey is leaving after one year it's because he is going to the NBA. If anything, Battle might play a few less minutes and Frank might sit some if he is having an off night. Nothing bad should come from TB coming back.

If Carey is leaving after one year it's because he is going to the NBA. If anything, Battle might play a few less minutes and Frank might sit some if he is having an off night. Nothing bad should come from TB coming back.
I think what he was saying was if Tyus comes back, Carey might not "shine" as much - which means he will come back for his sophomore year and get a chance to be the dude. As opposed to if Tyus leaves, Carey will most likely start or get significant minutes therefore has a chance to really ball out and potentially leave after 1 year

Thats what Im saying too but the chances of leaving after one year with Tyus here go down a ton

I think what he was saying was if Tyus comes back, Carey might not "shine" as much - which means he will come back for his sophomore year and get a chance to be the dude. As opposed to if Tyus leaves, Carey will most likely start or get significant minutes therefore has a chance to really ball out and potentially leave after 1 year

Bingo

Thats what Im saying too but the chances of leaving after one year with Tyus here go down a ton
Yup, I'll just give myself a failing grade in reading comprehension.
images

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-13_20-52-6.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-13_20-52-6.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick