Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boeheim has been at the school and was a student for 40+ years? I mean the fact he showed up and said he supported them was a nice gesture. “Showing face” “complimenting a fish for swimming” is just taking an antagonistic stance against him for no reason

Ya it definitely looks like its helping, the Mayor is now on the campus and Boehiems having to retract a statement that is 100% accurate. Again if you explained this to someone for the first time and didnt mention the incidents they would guess someone is in the hospital fighting for their life or that someone burned down a minority frat house. This reaching the point of absurdity

just assume you don’t know the whole story.

Boeheim has been at the school and was a student for 40+ years? I mean the fact he showed up and said he supported them was a nice gesture. “Showing face” “complimenting a fish for swimming” is just taking an antagonistic stance against him for no reason

I’m sure it was only because of his presser the other day which was the opposite of today.

I’m sure it was only because of his presser the other day which was the opposite of today.
Perhaps. But people are willing to change their viewpoints. He could have easily talked to buddy and Elijah and realized he may have been wrong. There is no point in rejecting support because of previous comments

Perhaps. But people are willing to change their viewpoints. He could have easily talked to buddy and Elijah and realized he may have been wrong. There is no point in rejecting support because of previous comments
Someone shows that they are listening to their concerns and they slap the olive branch away. Childish.

He wasn’t wrong.

Thought JB was just showing face?
My god screw these people the HC actually went out of his way on the day of a game to try and meet with your group.
God why bother now. Just let them protest forever and give them nothing.
They probably think he is just trying to get them to go to the game

They probably think he is just trying to get them to go to the game
Or he is trying to show he cares about their concerns.
The students have to buy season tickets so the school already has there money. The student section could be empty till New Year’s and it wouldn’t matter.

These protesters have to have it their way or no way. That is a joke. Screw them I would give them nothing. Install cameras and find the perpetrators.

The students have to buy season tickets so the school already has there money. The student section could be empty till New Year’s and it wouldn’t matter.

These protesters have to have it their way or no way. That is a joke. Screw them I would give them nothing. Install cameras and find the perpetrators.
I know. I think they are just being spiteful against coach for no real reason

FWIW, Sveryud is bringing home from China the SU study abroad students. Protests over there are getting violent and bad.

So even the Chinese are feeling entitled and bitter about SU's alleged lack of transarency? My goodness. I miss when Georgetown was our main rival.

Yup...big big overreaction.

giphy.gif

This is the reality of the college environment in Trump's America.

From what I read, the issue was more that the school was perceived as covering up the issue. During the original meeting in the dorm to address the issue, students were told not to talk about it or discuss externally (including with the media). They were told not to tape anything either. The optics of trying to cover it up angered students more - the DO reported about it and students posted on social media. As wirh any crisis, a bad response usually makes the situation 10x worse.

Seems like res life handled it poorly - telling college kids to not talk about an issue is idiotic. It just prompts more discussion. When I was at SU and in res life, things were handled differently. I presume this was a one off issue or just handled poorly at the dorm level. And things snowballed from there.
Crisis!? This is a crisis now and a Cover Up? Really?
Likely some drunk 18 yr old A-hole. Let's deal with that.

I can't read this whole thread but would like an update. Why shouldn't students go to the basketball games again? Seems like we have a pretty diverse group of athletes...so JB saying the school was inclusive was a bad move on his part? What? It is.

I really hope he doesn't get in trouble for that comment but am worried.

he didn’t sound that way the other day. You heard the presser. That was their beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.