Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm incredibly sympathetic and supportive of the protests and can empathize with the frustration those most involved must feel with the administration. A lot of their requests are reasonable and it's great that the University listened. Rejoice in your win and celebrate that you affected positive change at SU. Don't push your friends away by taking an all or nothing approach, especially when one of your demands is incredibly illegal.

Syverud will sign off on 98% of the demands. But the protesters want 100%. Since the protesters are not the whole student body, maybe they should reach out to all students to see if 98% is sufficient.

Agreed Bees. I’ve lost respect for what they’re trying to do. What did it for me was their demand for “same race housing option”... that is ABSURD. I Won’t go into it anymore than just say part of what college is about is learning and living with others from different cultures. This demand prevents it.

Unbelievable.

What Sveryud won’t sign off on that has the students upset is the same race rooms thing.

it’s a dumb request considering what has gone on up there. That would only further the divide.

My Army unit become segregated to some extent and my 1SG shuffled the whole barracks to insure everyone was roomed with someone from another race. It worked and we were an unstoppable cohesive unit down the road because of it.

To be honest, I think that most of these are pretty well-thought out and not very difficult to accomplish. The edits are required and very reasonable. Hopefully the students will see this.

I got to Point #1, which described graffiti as a hate crime.

Graffiti isn't a hate crime.

Words have meanings, and it's the university's job to educate every student on this fundamental fact. And we wonder why this crops up as a problem in our society.

Kent failed.

I got to Point #1, which described graffiti as a hate crime.

Graffiti isn't a hate crime.

Words have meanings, and it's the university's job to educate every student on this fundamental fact. And we wonder why this crops up as a problem in our society.

Kent failed.

So if 1 person out of 22,000 doesn’t get the message, for whatever reason, the chancellor has failed?

That’s quite the bar to meet.

Agreed Bees. I’ve lost respect for what they’re trying to do. What did it for me was their demand for “same race housing option”... that is ABSURD. I Won’t go into it anymore than just say part of what college is about is learning and living with others from different cultures. This demand prevents it.

Unbelievable.

They demanded a student union for minorities in 2003 when that kid dressed up as Tiger Woods. Many times this is not about a cause greater than a ulterior-agenda for the people that drive these protests. Not saying it is for the people supporting them, but the people writing the demands are effectively waiting for an incident to capitalize on.

If there was a magical lightswitch that could turn off racism, there’s a non-trivial number that I don’t think would flip it.

Some people need the divide, which is sad and ridiculous.

So if 1 person out of 22,000 doesn’t get the message, for whatever reason, the chancellor has failed?

That’s quite the bar to meet.

I have no idea what that means.

He signed on to a document that says things that are not true.

He failed.

I think it stays. If the Forever Orange campaign hadn't launched recently, Syverud would have played hardball. Being that they're trying to coax alumni for more money, they couldn't afford the negative press and want this to go away.

So another hypothetical: let’s say he caved into every one of their demands, even the poison pills, do they all walk back to their dorms and apartments victorious, or do they increase their demands and keep it going?

So another hypothetical: let’s say he caved into every one of their demands, even the poison pills, do they all walk back to their dorms and apartments victorious, or do they increase their demands and keep it going?

what do you think?

what do you think?

It’s tough, because I don’t have the information to conclude false flags or genuine - and I can’t make a definitive statement.

But good God, they’re sure making it all appear as an orchestrated event. Genuine or not, the way that the protestors have handled things in the last day has really made it hard to support them.

The orchestrated walkout last night I think proves that the latter is true.

BTW the same race checkbox is akin to separate but equal mindset. Everyone fought against segregation and these protestors want it back in a demand. Your freshman first semester roommate is the only semester its not in your control. This demand is just ridiculous.

The protest was on the Today show this morning. The reporter said they are hearing the protestors are not going to accept what the Chancellor has signed.

They demanded a student union for minorities in 2003 when that kid dressed up as Tiger Woods. Many times this is not about a cause greater than a ulterior-agenda for the people that drive these protests. Not saying it is for the people supporting them, but the people writing the demands are effectively waiting for an incident to capitalize on.

If there was a magical lightswitch that could turn off racism, there’s a non-trivial number that I don’t think would flip it.

Some people need the divide, which is sad and ridiculous.
Their own student union? I am starting to think there are better uses of my money than donating to SU...this is ridiculous.

Syverud also said reports of white supremacist material being sent by AirDrop to various students Monday night at the Bird Library was probably a hoax. AirDrop is an app that lets users share files between Apple devices via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

"To date, law enforcement has not been able to locate a single individual who directly received an AirDrop. Not one," Syverud said. "It was apparent that this rumor was probably a hoax, but that reality was not communicated clearly and rapidly enough to get ahead of escalating anxiety."

Keep it going. I would.

Syverud also said reports of white supremacist material being sent by AirDrop to various students Monday night at the Bird Library was probably a hoax. AirDrop is an app that lets users share files between Apple devices via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

"To date, law enforcement has not been able to locate a single individual who directly received an AirDrop. Not one," Syverud said. "It was apparent that this rumor was probably a hoax, but that reality was not communicated clearly and rapidly enough to get ahead of escalating anxiety."

they don’t address the accusation that the manifesto was placed on a Greek online forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.