Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The protest was on the Today show this morning. The reporter said they are hearing the protestors are not going to accept what the Chancellor has signed.
I guess what I don't understand is, what are the students going to do if they don't 'accept' what KS signed. I don't see this pressure forcing him to resign, nor can I see the BOT requesting/forcing that.

Will those who made up this hoax also be suspended/expelled?

well they know who was one of the students that claim the manifesto was placed on a Greek discussion forum. She spoke at the student senate meeting with Syverud and went as far as identifying the PSB officers she contacted. Surprised they haven’t commented on that and seem focused on the air drop thing.

they don’t address the accusation that the manifesto was placed on a Greek online forum.

Syverud at one point said it appeared that reports of a white supremacist manifesto being sent to students via AirDrop in Bird Library late Monday night were “probably a hoax.”

#NotAgainSU member Tayla Myree took issue with Syverud’s assessment. The chancellor had not referenced Greekrank.com. A PDF of the manifesto, a 74-page screed written by the suspected Christchurch mosques shooter, had been posted on a discussion board on the website.

“I have personally reported what we saw on that forum,” Myree told senators. “It’s not false information. I have screenshots of that post. … It’s not a hoax.”

Why is it so hard for people to be happy when they win? SU met 85% of their demands. Kent thoughtfully explained why they can't meet the other demands. The media needs to ask them why should SU break the law to meet their demands?

The other students at SU have a right to go to class and use the facilities they pay for in peace. Maybe it's not their motivation, but this is not the way to bring people to your side. You bring people to your side by thanking the University and community for listening and acting on their protests and by vowing to work together to make SU a better place for everyone.

where have they said that? I might have missed it.
"It was apparent that this rumor was probably a hoax," he said, "but that reality was not communicated clearly and rapidly enough to get ahead of escalating anxiety."
A day earlier, authorities said they had gotten reports that the document was posted in an online forum and that attempts were made to send it to students' cellphones at the main campus library around 11:30 p.m. Monday via AirDrop. It's a file-sharing service that lets iPhone users send files to iPhones or iPads that are near enough to be within Bluetooth or wi-fi range.

Syverud at one point said it appeared that reports of a white supremacist manifesto being sent to students via AirDrop in Bird Library late Monday night were “probably a hoax.”

#NotAgainSU member Tayla Myree took issue with Syverud’s assessment. The chancellor had not referenced Greekrank.com. A PDF of the manifesto, a 74-page screed written by the suspected Christchurch mosques shooter, had been posted on a discussion board on the website.

“I have personally reported what we saw on that forum,” Myree told senators. “It’s not false information. I have screenshots of that post. … It’s not a hoax.”

yep. That’s what I had heard and was referencing. Not sure why SU isn’t commenting on it and if this student(s) made it all up then they need to be dealt with.

Yeah - its a hoax.

"It was apparent that this rumor was probably a hoax," he said, "but that reality was not communicated clearly and rapidly enough to get ahead of escalating anxiety."
A day earlier, authorities said they had gotten reports that the document was posted in an online forum and that attempts were made to send it to students' cellphones at the main campus library around 11:30 p.m. Monday via AirDrop. It's a file-sharing service that lets iPhone users send files to iPhones or iPads that are near enough to be within Bluetooth or wi-fi range.

that is specifically to the air drop. Not what I said. Cuselegacy just posted what I was talking about.

Anyone know the rough estimate for the number of students “occupying?”

Anyone know the rough estimate for the number of students “occupying?”

i was wondering the same thing. My guess is 50. More at times during the day.

I think it stays. If the Forever Orange campaign hadn't launched recently, Syverud would have played hardball. Being that they're trying to coax alumni for more money, they couldn't afford the negative press and want this to go away.
So you’re saying that the students intentionally used the Forever Orange alumni fundraising project as a strategy to embarrass and force their own university to bow to their demands? What other ends would or did they take to insure they got their way?

BTW the same race checkbox is akin to separate but equal mindset. Everyone fought against segregation and these protestors want it back in a demand. Your freshman first semester roommate is the only semester its not in your control. This demand is just ridiculous.

Freshman could always mutually request a specific friend as their roommate even before attending. They should never be able to say I want only a caucasIan, black or Asian etc roommate.

So you’re saying that the students intentionally used the Forever Orange alumni fundraising project as an intentional strategy to embarrass and force their own university to bow to their demands? What other ends would or did they take to insure they got their way?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The timing is perfect.

Why is it so hard for people to be happy when they win? SU met 85% of their demands. Kent thoughtfully explained why they can't meet the other demands. The media needs to ask them why should SU break the law to meet their demands?

The other students at SU have a right to go to class and use the facilities they pay for in peace. Maybe it's not their motivation, but this is not the way to bring people to your side. You bring people to your side by thanking the University and community for listening and acting on their protests and by vowing to work together to make SU a better place for everyone.

Because that is who they are. I would love to have a face to face conversation with these clowns, because they’ve taken something that initially started as a potentially serious situation and completely lost credibility almost over night. This also said from Someone who is not too far removed from Syracuse (2012 grad).

Freshman could always mutually request a specific friend as their roommate eve before attending. They should never be able to say I want only a caucasIan, black or Asian roommate.
Yeah I edited out I had neighbors on my floor my Freshman year who were both from Baldwinsville and had requested each other as roommates. So you can request a person if you have a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.