Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

November 21, 2019

The Syracuse Police Department has made an arrest after a series of new graffiti markings were discovered on campus yesterday. Police identified the suspect in connection with four incidents of graffiti in and around the Irving Garage and Bird Library.

The Department of Public Safety is currently investigating four bias incidents that were recently reported. Two of the incidents occurred in Day Hall, one on the 5th floor and the other on the 6th floor. In both incidents, racist graffiti using language derogatory to African Americans. The third incident occurred on the first floor of Flint Hall, where a post-it note was found with anti-Native American language. The 4th incident occurred at the Comstock Art facility, where graffiti was found containing racist language that is derogatory to Asians.

I'm not certain why it matters whether this "manifesto" was air dropped, or put on a forum or none of the above. The fact is, it exists and has existed for awhile.

And that's a problem

Syracuse U should answer for that no matter how or why it came about. You have to get rid of Kent. He's lost control, if he ever had any.

I'm not certain why it matters whether this "manifesto" was air dropped, or put on a forum or none of the above. The fact is, it exists and has existed for awhile.

And that's a problem

Syracuse U should answer for that no matter how or why it came about. You have to get rid of Kent. He's lost control, if he ever had any.

This issue is that the airdrop, by definition, had to be "dropped" at Bird Library, indicating an threat ON campus.

The upload of the manifesto to a non-SU specific website could have been done by anyone anywhere in the world.

The former is more of a serious threat than the later.

Kent hasn't lost control, you have.

Not surprised at all that someone got caught and if I had to guess I think this is probably one of the copycat people. Inevitably when stuff like this happens the people who are the copy cats get sloppy (probably because their not to bright) and end up getting themselves caught. If your SU your best hope is that this spooks the original people(s) involved and they stop. Also just as an aside you have to wonder how in the world this person got into SU, I mean with all this attention and SU and others clearly paying attention you go into the two most public areas on campus that clearly are being watched and go ahead with the graffiti nonsense? Freeking idiot.

Yeah I edited out I had neighbors on my floor my Freshman year who were both from Baldwinsville and had requested each other as roommates. So you can request a person if you have a name.

As an aside, that's such a dumb move by those kids and their parents. College is about experiencing new things, not sheltering down in townie mode.

Not surprised at all that someone got caught and if I had to guess I think this is probably one of the copycat people. Inevitably when stuff like this happens the people who are the copy cats get sloppy (probably because their not to bright) and end up getting themselves caught. If your SU your best hope is that this spooks the original people(s) involved and they stop. Also just as an aside you have to wonder how in the world this person got into SU, I mean with all this attention and SU and others clearly paying attention you go into the two most public areas on campus that clearly are being watched and go ahead with the graffiti nonsense? Freeking idiot.

the person arrested was an SU student.

As an aside, that's such a dumb move by those kids and their parents. College is about experiencing new things, not sheltering down in townie mode.
I remain friends with both girls and they each joined their own sorierty second semester and were with different roommates on South campus our Sophomore years.
It was just for comfort/famliarity I guess because I hung out with each seperately and they weren't clinging to each other at all. Only time I was with both was when we all went to games to wait together to sit in the student section.

And that's a problem

because someone was lying about it being air dropped. Lies are already being detected. SU has said it was a hoax!

I'm getting word from some of my SU contacts that the writings on the bathroom walls are turning out to be false flags...

Her name is Kym McGowan and she's got a public Facebook profile.

She looks exactly what you would expect a false-flagger to look like, IMO.
She definitely doesn't look like the person who would do that type of stuff.
I really hope this isn't what it could be.

This issue is that the airdrop, by definition, had to be "dropped" at Bird Library, indicating an threat ON campus.

The upload of the manifesto to a non-SU specific website could have been done by anyone anywhere in the world.

The former is more of a serious threat than the later.

Kent hasn't lost control, you have.

do we know where on that forum the manifesto was put? It’s a national Greek site but each school has its own “folder”.

it is...

wow. to say this was a hoax is an understatement. What I am hearing does not look good for the protesters.

It appears per the press release that her grafitti was in support of the protesters versus a racial or ethnic slur. Still she should get the boot for being an absolute moron.

I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I deal with students pretty regularly and she sure shares some characteristics with those who'd be a) progressive enough to think that a righteous end might justify some dishonest/tasteless means and b) young and stupid enough to think they can do that without consequences.

Actually, that's the most charitable assumption, since the other possibilities are that she's a bigot or a drunk with a tacky sense of humor.

Checking her name again, looks like she's an engineering student. Sad. That's a good place to be, and she should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.