Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Um, yeah, well -
Syracuse actually kinda IS (and always has been) a “resort for the privileged”.

Pretty much all higher-end Private Universities are.

I used to call it “Club Ed”;)

OMG!!! Primarily affluent people’s offspring go to a really expensive college!
Who knew??:rolleyes:

Good to see those spendy educations paying off for these kids.

So far, there are ZERO false flags. Cite the story where it notes there was a false flag. One girl was arrested for graffiti that was negative to the UNIVERSITY and in support of the protesters. I've yet to read any stories noting the RACIST graffiti was deliberately planted. This thread is a case study in misinformation spreading.
The only misinformation spreading here worth a case study is how 95% of the public (this forum included) immediately jumped to the conclusion that there is a KKK sleeper cell at Syracuse University. Before any facts came out, SU was labeled as an inherently racist institution built by white nationalism. Prominent posters who are actual SU faculty members attested to this, along with saying only “cisgendered” white males are to blame. Wait until more facts come out about this national story of “rampant racism” at SU.

Student conduct code violation charges against the protesters wouldn’t bother me one iota.

If you want a full refund from Syracuse University give it to them.

If they agree to the separate but equal check box for having a roommate of your race that would be pathetic.

Um, yeah, well -
Syracuse actually kinda IS (and always has been) a “resort for the privileged”.

Pretty much all higher-end Private Universities are.

I used to call it “Club Ed”;)

OMG!!! Primarily affluent people’s offspring go to a really expensive college!
Who knew??:rolleyes:

Good to see those spendy educations paying off for these kids.

Well, actually they are stopping. Thanksgiving has gotten in the way of their crusade.

I’ve joked a bit in this thread because I knew it was a circus from the start, but I have a serious question for the protestors or the supporters of them.

What exactly, in details, is your grievance with Syverud? What should he have done differently? Again, give specific actionable items and cite details in which you think he “failed”.

The only misinformation spreading here worth a case study is how 95% of the public (this forum included) immediately jumped to the conclusion that there is a KKK sleeper cell at Syracuse University. Before any facts came out, SU was labeled as an inherently racist institution built by white nationalism. Prominent posters who are actual SU faculty members attested to this, along with saying only “cisgendered” white males are to blame. Wait until more facts come out about this national story of “rampant racism” at SU.

So in response to a request for facts, you instead make up a point about 95 percent of the public jumping to conclusions, talk about a sleeper cell and misconstrue the thread. Common approach in today’s climate - ignore facts, make up something ridiculous and fight. I’m happy to admit when I’m wrong but there’s been no false flags (yet). I’ve been urging people not to rush judgement (in either direction).

I get annoyed by the concept of misinformation as I have personally been targeted by wing nuts and been accused of creating a false flag around a mass shooting. All made up but didn’t stop people from doxxing me or my employer. There are lots of crazy people and I hate that the occasional fake hoax occurs because it makes people question the things that really happen and legitimatizes people who believe these insane things. So again to be clear, like I said before, people should stop rushing to judgment.

This validates nothing. Now I hope he has no free pizza, not from Jim Boeheim, and not from anyone!
No free pizza!

The whole system has you both hardwired to be defensive about these things! It's quite literally in your DNA!

When Kent steps out the door after his tire is slashed, the power dynamic will always lie in his favor. He can never understand the complexities inherent in being a POC. Donald Sterling dates POC, on an individual level he may have some insight into something, but who doesn't, and who cares if they do? We all do. Someone will tell you they were profiled, they dated a black woman or man and got stared at, they lived in another country and people were rude to them - whoopity-damned-dooooo! They still go home, turn on an old episode of Friends, and bask in the glow of their whiteness. The safety and security of that surrounds them like a LL Bean Microplush electric blanket! The really good one, with 10 temperature settings instead of 5. That one isn't nearly worth the $115 price tag...5 temperature settings??? Really?

When he calls the police, when he confronts someone over the action, he does so from a position of power - he is able to leverage his whiteness, not consciously, but in every interaction when he steps out the door - he does, and he can. He has his whole life. That doesn't position him to understand or have any sort of special knowledge. He can't have that.

He does not.

He should be fired.
clap.gif

This validates nothing. Now I hope he has no free pizza, not from Jim Boeheim, and not from anyone!
No free pizza!

The whole system has you both hardwired to be defensive about these things! It's quite literally in your DNA!

When Kent steps out the door after his tire is slashed, the power dynamic will always lie in his favor. He can never understand the complexities inherent in being a POC. Donald Sterling dates POC, on an individual level he may have some insight into something, but who doesn't, and who cares if they do? We all do. Someone will tell you they were profiled, they dated a black woman or man and got stared at, they lived in another country and people were rude to them - whoopity-damned-dooooo! They still go home, turn on an old episode of Friends, and bask in the glow of their whiteness. The safety and security of that surrounds them like a LL Bean Microplush electric blanket! The really good one, with 10 temperature settings instead of 5. That one isn't nearly worth the $115 price tag...5 temperature settings??? Really?

When he calls the police, when he confronts someone over the action, he does so from a position of power - he is able to leverage his whiteness, not consciously, but in every interaction when he steps out the door - he does, and he can. He has his whole life. That doesn't position him to understand or have any sort of special knowledge. He can't have that.

He does not.

He should be fired.
71aye.jpg

My junior and senior years I lived in a house on comstock with 5 other dudes- two of them were Jewish and one was Indian. They’d be laughing at how stupid these people are.

Again... at the start of this you have got to take it seriously and within the power available but the credibility of these kids is just flushing away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.