Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

thats the same thing that’s been posted and is misleading. Like that article says, he signed off on 16 of 19. The other 3 he made changes to for various reasons like the law. Haven’t seen where the protesters accepted his changes.

thats the same thing that’s been posted and is misleading. Like that article says, he signed off on 16 of 19. The other 3 he made changes to for various reasons like the law. Haven’t seen where the protesters accepted his changes.
Yeah I corrected. Havent been fully engaged in this thread. Media’s great at getting the biggest reaction.

Not having taken the time to read the actual demands, based on what I've read here, these students are forcing the University to allow and affirmatively support race/gender/ideological/whatever based freedom of association, including in an exclusionary manner. Is that going to be applied in a neutral manner?

Not having taken the time to read the actual demands, based on what I've read here, these students are forcing the University to allow and affirmatively support race/gender/ideological/whatever based freedom of association, including in an exclusionary manner. Is that going to be applied in a neutral manner?
It'll only take a minute to read them.

Let me give you my professional opinion as a police officer.

These types of crimes are very hard to prove without concrete evidence (first hand witnesses who are willing to go on paper and or video evidence showing the person doing it.) I am sure Syracuse PD has info on possible suspects, however as I mentioned, without that concrete evidence it becomes a he said/she said thing. Making graffiti and criminal mischief for vandalizing walls, buildings, etc are A misdemeanors. You start throwing around “hate crime” charges it turns into a whole new ball game.

The fact of the matter is there probably is not a whole lot to go off of at this time. They need to nail down a timeline of when it happened and then figure out who was where at that time. It’s a process and it’s very difficult tracking, especially without the video as Bees mentioned.

Information is not released if it’s not concrete. This is a mess for multiple of reasons for the investigators working this. Dozens of statements, interviews, whatever physical evidence that can be found all has to be collected. It takes time.

How many investigators did they have to re-assigned to the graffiti task force :rolleyes:

I think the additional financial aid suggestions a bit much too.

aid is need based.
Nothing wrong with the work study if you need additional funding. I had a friend who worked in the dining halls to help her financially.

aid isnt need really based though. if you are really poor you often get great aid and come out way ahead.. if you are pretty rich you can often afford school and come out way ahead.. if you are in the middle class you are allowed to sign up for loans and come out way behind.. its a screwed up system.

I'm not certain why it matters whether this "manifesto" was air dropped, or put on a forum or none of the above. The fact is, it exists and has existed for awhile.

And that's a problem

Syracuse U should answer for that no matter how or why it came about. You have to get rid of Kent. He's lost control, if he ever had any.

i guess i am confused why kent is blamed for a manifesto written by someone with no relation to syracuse?

i guess i am confused why kent is blamed for a manifesto written by someone with no relation to syracuse?

Because it’s a standard that no human being could possibly meet. Hard to argue with that outside of calling it out as insane.

Which then opens you up to being called a racist.

aid isnt need really based though. if you are really poor you often get great aid and come out way ahead.. if you are pretty rich you can often afford school and come out way ahead.. if you are in the middle class you are allowed to sign up for loans and come out way behind.. its a screwed up system.

No one is forcing anyone to sign up for loans. The people that are way behind are the ones that made terrible investment decisions.

Going to SU and amassing $200K in debt with a degree in Art History isn’t exactly a low-risk, high-reward investment.

the false flag stuff is ridiculous. Some of you have spent too much time following Alex Jones or crazy threads on reddit. The internet is a cess pool and people need to stop rushing to conclusions.

As I’ve maintained in this thread, I’m reserving judgment until there’s evidence to judge off of. That said, there’s a lot of fishy things that make no behavioral sense, even when looking at the type of moron that would do idiotic stuff like this.

So it starts with anti-Asian in a freshman dorm, and then the 2nd instance is in a predominantly sophomore dorm on the complete other side of campus. And then it turns to African Americans and Jews. And then there’s a hoax about a manifesto that is meant to be anti-Muslim. And then there’s an anti-Semitic email. What are the odds that out of absolutely nowhere, numerous people with different racist axes to grind come out of the woodwork, all at the same time, targeting everyone available to target?

And you have a protest organization, which was all ready to go and organize within hours of this coming into the open. The Chancellor immediately returns to campus from DC, and is immediately met by a compiled list of demands, most of which have no association with the actual situation.

Not making judgment one way or another, but yeah, call me as skeptical as someone running around Chicago yelling it’s MAGA country with bleach and a noose on the off-chance they see Jussie Smollett in the middle of the night.

Either way, I hope they catch these morons and that they are punished with due process, consistent with the law.

Wait, what? I want to make sure I understand.

Are you saying that the Chancellor of Syracuse University should be on the hook for the existence of spray paint and someone’s use of it?

And that same Chancellor should censor that manifesto being on the Internet?

I think you may want to look at all of Ghost's posts in this thread . . .

As I’ve maintained in this thread, I’m reserving judgment until there’s evidence to judge off of. That said, there’s a lot of fishy things that make no behavioral sense, even when looking at the type of moron that would do idiotic stuff like this.

So it starts with anti-Asian in a freshman dorm, and then the 2nd instance is in a predominantly sophomore dorm on the complete other side of campus. And then it turns to African Americans and Jews. And then there’s a hoax about a manifesto that is meant to be anti-Muslim. And then there’s an anti-Semitic email. What are the odds that out of absolutely nowhere, numerous people with different racist axes to grind come out of the woodwork, all at the same time, targeting everyone available to target?

And you have a protest organization, which was all ready to go and organize within hours of this coming into the open. The Chancellor immediately returns to campus from DC, and is immediately met by a compiled list of demands, most of which have no association with the actual situation.

Not making judgment one way or another, but yeah, call me as skeptical as someone running around Chicago yelling it’s MAGA country with bleach and a noose on the off-chance they see Jussie Smollett in the middle of the night.

Either way, I hope they catch these morons and that they are punished with due process, consistent with the law.

Just to clear up your timeline a little bit - the first instance of graffiti that was found was derogatory towards Asians and African-Americans, including calling out specific names of minority students. Was told this by someone with first-hand knowledge of it.

Just to clear up your timeline a little bit - the first instance of graffiti that was found was derogatory towards Asians and African-Americans, including calling out specific names of minority students. Was told this by someone with first-hand knowledge of it.

Interesting info - for the sake of all of us, I’m rooting for false flag.

He knows spray paint exists - did nothing to stop this.

He knows that manifesto is out there - did nothing to stop this.

It's all the same. He should go - he, and the rest of the administration is clearly oblivious to hate crimes.
Time to break this out again:

firefly i dont know what to say to that 2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.