Percentage of HS players that make it to D1 Football | Syracusefan.com

Percentage of HS players that make it to D1 Football

The vast majority have no desire to play past HS. They have other things in mind after HS. It's just a fun thing to do with their buddies.
Said the guy on the bench. How many players who have offers to play college football say that? A very small percentage. Some quit in college not realizing the time, effort and commitment to play.

Said the guy on the bench. How many players who have offers to play college football say that? A very small percentage. Some quit in college not realizing the time, effort and commitment to play.
Nope. I know a lot of guys that played FB and other sports. Many had the chance to play in college, but just wanted to go to college. Very few have college sports aspirations. It's a lot of extra work

Nope. I know a lot of guys that played FB and other sports. Many had the chance to play in college, but just wanted to go to college. Very few have college sports aspirations. It's a lot of extra work
Having a chance to play and actually making a team and playing is a totally different level.

Please let me clarify. Scholarship vs non-scholarship, D1 vs D3. Of course a lot of D3 players who get no benefit from the college quit because they get nothing in return and grades suffer. I too know a lot of D3 athletes who quit playing.
I know very few D1 scholarship athletes who quit solely due to the time constraints. And that is Different from athletes who claim they quit the sport, relinquish the sport, then transfer claiming they quit when they really couldn't keep their grades up due to the time management issues.

I was in a Comm College class with a guy who had D3 offers. Said he didn’t want to play that bad that he would travel to the middle of nowhere for some of these schools just to play ball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom