Personnel in 2022-23 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Personnel in 2022-23

In 2 years we literally could have none of the players or coaches from this years team except for Frank.

Assuming Buddy, Jimmy and JB ride out together after next year.
JG3 is not staying to be a 15 mpg player (he is my pick for leaving after this year).
Kadary will improve and with his age he leaves after next year.
Jesse and Jon move on and Marek and Sid are obviously gone.
Benny is one and done (ready or not)
Q and AG move on this year (one by choice and one by subtle request).
Woody leaves this year and Braswell is obviously gone.
Red and Griff and gmac obviously carry the stain of this program falling down a few notches and are not part of the new regime.

Total roster and staff overhaul in two years and frankly I'm ready for it.
So you think 7 guys will leave after this season? Lolololololol. you’re nuts.

Kadary/Benny/Buddy will be a decent trio... that’s about it
It's going to come down to Frank being a serviceable center or picking up a transfer to start there.
We're probably average at best otherwise.

I personally think Woody coming back is huge, too.

So you think 7 guys will leave after this season? Lolololololol. you’re nuts.

It isn't as far fetched as it seems on paper. Keep in mind that players are going to be granted the one time exemption to transfer and be immediately eligible elsewhere.

Players like Marek and Sidibe could opt to return, but I think we have to expect them both to leave. Would anyone really be surprised if Q or Griffin opt out? Woody is apparently dissatisfied. And I think that at least one of Edwards / Ajak is a sure thing to bail. Braswell, who knows -- I could see him sticking with the expectation that he's at worst the third forward, or deciding to capitalize on not losing a year of eligibility and transferring somewhere where he could start for two years.

It really isn't unrealistic to expect that all of the above attrition COULD happen. I really hope that Woody is convinced to stick around.

It isn't as far fetched as it seems on paper. Keep in mind that players are going to be granted the one time exemption to transfer and be immediately eligible elsewhere.

Players like Marek and Sidibe could opt to return, but I think we have to expect them both to leave. Would anyone really be surprised if Q or Griffin opt out? Woody is apparently dissatisfied. And I think that at least one of Edwards / Ajak is a sure thing to bail. Braswell, who knows -- I could see him sticking with the expectation that he's at worst the third forward, or deciding to capitalize on not losing a year of eligibility and transferring somewhere where he could start for two years.

It really isn't unrealistic to expect that all of the above attrition COULD happen. I really hope that Woody is convinced to stick around.
I believe the NCAA said no to that ...

Couldn’t agree more.

Kadary/Buddy/Benny/Woody/5 is a solid ACC lineup.
But the real question is JG3/Buddy/Benny/Braswell/Marek?

We will be picking up a big man transfer. No way we can’t.
Heard it again last night this exact statement. It's happening that JBA and Jesse are going to leave. It will take a miracle pitch by the staff on exit interviews for one of them to stay. Frank is staying. If Sid doesn't exercise that 5th year, we will go after a big transfer ( I want them to sniff around UNC's bigs. One will leave)

Griff and Q will test the waters and 1 of them will come back after getting no sniff for that starting gig along side Benny. I don't see JG3 transferring but honestly, it wouldn't be a bad thing for us ( I don't want him to but it is what it is).

I didn't/haven't heard one drop about Jimmy coming to Cuse. Would it shock me? hell no but I haven't heard any of it even last night after the game

Heard it again last night this exact statement. It's happening that JBA and Jesse are going to leave. It will take a miracle pitch by the staff on exit interviews for one of them to stay. Frank is staying. If Sid doesn't exercise that 5th year, we will go after a big transfer ( I want them to sniff around UNC's bigs. One will leave)

Griff and Q will test the waters and 1 of them will come back after getting no sniff for that starting gig along side Benny. I don't see JG3 transferring but honestly, it wouldn't be a bad thing for us ( I don't want him to but it is what it is).

I didn't/haven't heard one drop about Jimmy coming to Cuse. Would it shock me? hell no but I haven't heard any of it even last night after the game
Will Q/Griff be a situation where JB tells one of them that they lost their starting job to Benny?

Kadary/Benny/Buddy will be a decent trio... that’s about it
Agreed, Kadary/Benny/Buddy will be our main 3
I think AG and Quincy test the waters. To me AG is just using this year as a tryout for league so I don’t see him coming back either way. Quincy I’m 50/50 if he comes back because idk how much better of a season he could have than this season tbh. What we need to do is hit the portal for a legit center and another guard. If Kadary “officially” starts over JG3 I can honestly see JG3 transferring. For the record I fully expect Kadary and Buddy to be the starting backcourt next season. So we need a solid 3rd guard. Braswell is starting to come into his own so he’ll be a solid forward. off the bench. What’s holding this team back is a legit center, and 3rd guard option if JG3 leaves. If Girard stays and accepts his role I think we’ll be okay there.

For next year, absolutely need a 5 who can jump in and play defense in his first year in system and at least be servicable on offense. A) Those guys don't grow on trees and B) The ones who can do both don't want to play at SU for many reasons.

As for 2022, who knows. It'll be interesting to see what happens after this season. My personal over/under is 4.5 guys gone.

Q is going to be 22 in May. His clock is ticking for playing pro ball (NBA, Europe, whatever). I cannot imagine someone at his age would come back to go into pro ball at 23.

JMHO.

Will Q/Griff be a situation where JB tells one of them that they lost their starting job to Benny?
I really don't see that situation happen and I think JB would start both those guys again (they have their faults but both have put up good stats this year and very rarely does JB does that option). Benny was always viewed as a 2 year guy, even with him going to be a 5 star. I just think it naturally happens that one will leave and one will stay (whoever gets more looks at getting drafted).

The NCAA hasn't said anything yet.

They keep delaying the vote.

Are they trying to bundle up NIL and one time transfer in one nice little package? (giggle, package, giggle).

The article I read seemed to indicate that they delayed both votes, but NIL had issues to work through with the DOJ, and that Congress was working on passing its own legislation (what could go wrong there?).

But didn't indicate why they delayed the transfer. I think it's just because they suck, but I'm not completely sure.

I really don't see that situation happen and I think JB would start both those guys again (they have their faults but both have put up good stats this year and very rarely does JB does that option). Benny was always viewed as a 2 year guy, even with him going to be a 5 star. I just think it naturally happens that one will leave and one will stay (whoever gets more looks at getting drafted).

He won’t say it, but I think there’s a good chance JB will play Benny at the 5.....if Jimmy isn’t here.

That one time exception to transfer and not sit out a year hasn’t been approved, and I don’t think it will be. Everyone keeps making that assumption but I think it’s unfounded. I think coaches are going to continue to push back on that because it was such a weird year with Covid and many teams (like us) couldn’t get into a rhythm.

Also, lol, we’re not going to lose both of our starting forwards AND both of their backups (Woody and Braswell). That’s a crazy notion.

You think Woody stays?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom