Pet Peeve | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Pet Peeve

In the area I live the word "unthaw" is used regularly . As in, " I'm going to unthaw some chicken ". Drives me bonkers

People who say "can I ask you a question?" Just ask me the f****** question!!

Also can't stand when people dress too warmly for the weather. A couple weeks ago I saw a guy who had a winter scarf tied around his neck because it was 65 degrees.

Also can't stand when people dress too warmly for the weather. A couple weeks ago I saw a guy who had a winter scarf tied around his neck because it was 65 degrees.

Guys who wear gloves when it's 50 degrees. Whoever invented the bitch slap ...

People whose boarding group haven't been called yet but decide to stand in my way delaying the boarding process even more.

People ask if they can do something rather then if they may do something. One deals ability, the other deals with permission.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Preface: No disrespect to any posters here as I'm sure others find this sort of thing useful or entertaining (for what reason I have no idea).

That said, I cannot stand when people try to draw comparisons between players now and players of the past, players on other teams, all stars, flops, etc. Why can't we just watch somebody like Tyler Ennis and appreciate him for he is? Why do we have to say that he reminds us of (insert name here)?
Without these comparisons, how do you discribe what a guy does. Saying a girls eyes are blue, hardly describes the color. Blue as the sky. Robins eggs? A flower? Saying Ennis drives like Flynn or MCW offers up 2 different visuals.

People who get quotes wrong over and over and over.

And then I'm the a-hole for correcting them. Okay, so maybe I am a little bit of an a-hole. But if you're going to quote a movie, get it right, damnit.

My pet peeve is when someone ridiculously exaggerates:

No the fish you caught wasn't as big as you. Largemouth bass don't weigh 180 pounds.

"It is as hot as balls in here." What does that even mean? Balls aren't hot. If your balls are that hot, then go get checked out.

"I got so drunk last night. Had like 37 gin and tonics." Nope, no you didn't. You'd be dead.

I have someone who poses this question on a daily basis. My reply is often "no".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom