Peter Carey scoring as much as the starting forwards | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey scoring as much as the starting forwards

To say we are thin at the 4/5 position is an understatement.

Malique is a strong complimentary player playing above where is realistic he might.

Hima is tall but never should have come to Syracuse. McLeod decent enough but out. Carey would be a great volleyball player. Stunk to lose Jesse so late in the game.

To say we are thin at the 4/5 position is an understatement.

Malique is a strong complimentary player playing above where is realistic he might.

Hima is tall but never should have come to Syracuse. McLeod decent enough but out. Carey would be a great volleyball player. Stunk to lose Jesse so late in the game.
I think Peter Carey’s little brother is playing volleyball lol. Not sure how good he is though.

pretty simple.. make Fts and win the game. Make 3s win the game.. BC doesnt shoot 55% win the game.

We couldn't buy buckets and threw up clangers most of the second half (from the perimeter and the line)... meanwhile, we let Harris drop 14 on us in 4 minutes with lax defense.

That's a recipe for a loss every day of the week.

Depends on how many points Carey scores
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

I go back and wonder how are starting Forwards are Bell and Taylor and it's from multiple things. After 21 we lost Braswell, Quincy, Allen Griffin and Woody Newton. I think nearly all might still have eligibility today. That killed the depth. Then we couldn't land Arthur Kaluma who chose Creighton. We had Benny committed, some posters thought he was 1 and done. And then the only forwards they brought as a transfer or through the portal was Cole Swider and the old coaches eldest son. That is just criminal to not get an experienced Forward the past 2 off-seasons.

I go back and wonder how are starting Forwards are Bell and Taylor and it's from multiple things. After 21 we lost Braswell, Quincy, Allen Griffin and Woody Newton. I think nearly all might still have eligibility today. That killed the depth. Then we couldn't land Arthur Kaluma who chose Creighton. We had Benny committed, some posters thought he was 1 and done. And then the only forwards they brought as a transfer or through the portal was Cole Swider and the old coaches eldest son. That is just criminal to not get an experienced Forward the past 2 off-seasons.
Jimmy didn't want to put in the effort to recruit at the end, so this is what we have.

I think in college hoops, each year is it's own year. You could lose half your roster at any point for basically any reason. So losing Braswell and Quincy and Woody in '21 traditionally would kill us this year, but really it might as well be a decade ago.

The big thing for me is we bet on Benny this off-season. That was strange. The fact that so many on this board predicted big things for him was stranger yet. But ultimately, your last sentence is the key -- a player who could consistently give you 25 mins of solid two-way play probably buys us a win or two so far and probably one more the rest of the way.

We couldn't buy buckets and threw up clangers most of the second half (from the perimeter and the line)... meanwhile, we let Harris drop 14 on us in 4 minutes with lax defense.

That's a recipe for a loss every day of the week.
Yeah, losing Harris that many times in a key stretch is bad. Tough day defensively for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom