Petro Done at Johns Hopkins / Peter Milliman hired | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Petro Done at Johns Hopkins / Peter Milliman hired

Interesting, seems like many current players like Marr but he hasn’t been contacted.

Saw this post referenced on another forum so I made an account here just to say that it's unequivocally not true. Shay and Alberici were not offered the job without an interview. They, along with a couple of others, were asked if they wanted to interview, to which they politely declined. No actual offers were made.

I live up near Geneva and am friendly with some people close to the Hobart program. The chatter from them is Raymond is much less likely to take the JHU job than Nadelen.
All good, I'm just passing the information along that I hear from people in other programs. The coaching circle is small enough for info to be passed around. My guy has no skin the game (interview wise) so I trust his information

Marr says he wouldn't take Hopkins call at this point (sounds like he wasn't considered).

So if his source is truly reliable then this is Nadelen's job.

Ya several people thought Nadelen would likely end up with the job based on him being an Alumni and what he has done at Towson. Still if your Hop kind of an underwhelming search or interest in the job. Shay wouldn't even interview and it doesn't appear they contacted some of the other big names although in all fairness some were never happening so why waste time (ie Tierney, Danowski Tillman etc).

Assuming Nadelen gets the job I am not sure how much different he is then Petro. Defensive first guy who has done a real nice job at Towson but he would need an outstanding OC hire and his Towson team this past year was god awful and at 0-6 when the season was suspended. Not saying that his struggles this past season should preclude him in anyway as they lost a lot to graduation but hard to sell that to the casual fan that Hop has been losing in droves the last half decade.

Marr says he wouldn't take Hopkins call at this point (sounds like he wasn't considered).

So, is this Marr just being pissed he wasn't one of the first calls? Or just a Tom O'Brien-type withdrawal of his name from a job he never had a chance to get? ;)

Lacrosse coaches are a different breed I guess. It is almost a near certainty (only a sith deals in absolutes) that he will not win a National Championship at Richmond. Same with the guy at Hobart.

Not sure why any established coach with security and a decent paycheck would leave for JHU. Understand their history and all but landscape has changed

Hopkins has Bloomberg $ but frugality reigns on campuses and not sure their AD will or should be offering anything more than incremental deals to those first on shopping list

My guess is next coach is one with a forward outlook on his present program that is poor or a younger less established coach where JHU is a huge leap up in $ , program etc

Not saying that his struggles this past season should preclude him in anyway as they lost a lot to graduation but hard to sell that to the casual fan that Hop has been losing in droves the last half decade.

Is it a hard sell? Towson has been to a Final Four more recently (2017) than Hopkins has. They were also a much better team in the last full season. Nads should be judged on the totality of his resume at Towson, which is quite impressive. 5 NCAA appearances in 8 seasons, 4 NCAA wins, 5 CAA championships...you're going to be hard pressed to find another coach outside the top-tier/blue-blood programs with as impressive a resume, especially in such a short time. He's still only 41, still has room to grow and improve as a coach. There's a reason Princeton, Virginia, and Michigan all went after him.

Hearing that 2 Ivy league coaches might be targeted. Again, take it for what it is, a conversation I had with someone who is giving the info he hears and passing it on.

Hearing that 2 Ivy league coaches might be targeted. Again, take it for what it is, a conversation I had with someone who is giving the info he hears and passing it on.

My guess is Murphy (Penn) and Milliman (Cornell)? Both would seem like choices, wonder if they would leave. Both seem to already be in pretty good positions.

My guess is Murphy (Penn) and Milliman (Cornell)? Both would seem like choices, wonder if they would leave. Both seem to already be in pretty good positions.

Pretty sure its exactly those two.

Both Murphy and Milliman have interviewed. I believe Milliman was a finalist along with Nadelen and Chemotti. So if Chemotti is out then it seems like it's down to Nadelen and Milliman.

Lacrosse coaches are a different breed I guess. It is almost a near certainty (only a sith deals in absolutes) that he will not win a National Championship at Richmond. Same with the guy at Hobart.

I have no idea if it's true but Chermotti may have his sights on his alma mater when that job becomes available.

I have no idea if it's true but Chermotti may have his sights on his alma mater when that job becomes available.

Yea thats fair, but the competition for that job will be steep - you have to imagine that Danowksi is grooming his son for it, plus you have guys like Kevin Cassese and Joe Alberchi who have ties to the program as well. I am surprised Chemotti chose to stay at Richmond but this are really weird times. There is a lot to be said for the kind of loyalty he's showing to the school who gave him his shot..

{snip}

Hopkins has Bloomberg $ but frugality reigns on campuses and not sure their AD will or should be offering anything more than incremental deals to those first on shopping list

{snip}
Please keep in mind they only have it for academics. He won't give them a single dime for athletics. He's very quirky with his money there. Their School of Public Health has his name on it. He's given money for other things. However, the biggest surprise about his money to those connected to JHU was the ~$1.5 billion he gave for undergraduate financial aid that eliminates loans, a departure from before, because he was a firm believer that undergrads should work for their money so they'd appreciate their degrees more..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom