Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

"After an up-and-down spring, Akok Akok was dominant during July. He is one of the premier shot blockers in the country, and then he can also step out and hit threes on the offensive end. A very good athlete with improving skill, Akok more than proved his spot as a five-star prospect.

Recruiting: Syracuse, Providence, Connecticut, Georgetown, Maryland"

Listed 1st again... :cool:

I hope it is not too busy... unless they are referring to JB and GMac holding PSA's gym hostage.

Most recent Crystal Ball

8104540.jpg

Akok Akok PF / 6-10 / 195 0.9784

8/20/18 6:35PM
8144977.png
SYR

Dain ErvinTalent Evaluator

Syracuse Orange Crystal Ball Target Predictions

We have the upper hand ALL of the time vs UCONN , they can't compete with Syracuse Basketball, not even close, when was the last time UConn played on ESPN with the exception of playing against SU? Exactly !!!

UCONN with Hurley is better than they were last year with Ollie, but We are a much better program - not even close - not even a discussion, which conference do they play in? HA HA HA LOL

They know it, their fans and alumni know it too and it kills them SUball:):):):):):):):)

The only shot they have is if/when they cheat with you know what, which would not surprise me with Kofi.

Some of you guys let your time on the boneyard cloud your judgement.

That should strictly be for entertainment purposes only.

Have you looked at the "expert" rankings? Some of the experts know what they are doing, including Ervin.

2019 Basketball Expert Rankings

Ervin so far for 2019 is 27 out of 32, i would take 27 and 5 this season before the NCAA

Jerry Meyer is #1 at 35 out of 39, he is SU for AKOK and SU for Girard

All of those guys change their picks as they get more info, so I’m not sure how much weight those percentages hold.

Notwithstanding, I will say I’m glued to the meth ball.

Does anyone know when he is visiting? I thought he had a visit set for August, but there has been no mention of it. Did it get switched?

Last edited:
Hopefully he is right about Akok and wrong about Girard

Don't get why you're so down on Girard. He actually shot better from 3 than Quinones in AAU play. Worse overall, but it's not a big of a split as you think.

Akok is on an official to PC this weekend. Just in time for the grand opening of the $50 mil Men's Practice facility. Cooley has singlehandedly changed the school honestly.

PSA, just corrected a tweet and said it's actually an unofficial.

Last edited:
Akok is on an official to PC this weekend. Just in time for the grand opening of the $50 mil Men's Practice facility. Cooley has singlehandedly changed the school honestly.

How so? I like Cooley but you guys have flamed out of the NCAA. It's not like P.C. hasn't been to final fours before. He has improved your won loss record but a lot of that in my opinion is the departures from the Big East of Pitt., Syracuse, Louisville and UConn. All schools with a far more history of success than P.C..

I do not believe it's a $50M "practice facility". It includes a lot more than just the practice facility, and $30M is going to the practice facility phase that includes a new Hall of Fame, offices, and a bunch of other things that have nothing to do with a practice facility.

Syracuse has its own impressive nearly $20M practice facility that showcases a national title trophy and multiple Final Four banners from this era.

Cooley has recruited very well there but I have been less than impressed with his coaching acumen. Has yet to advance to a second weekend with some pretty decent talent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.