Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? I like Cooley but you guys have flamed out of the NCAA. It's not like P.C. hasn't been to final fours before. He has improved your won loss record but a lot of that in my opinion is the departures from the Big East of Pitt., Syracuse, Louisville and UConn. All schools with a far more history of success than P.C..

Exactly. Throw in Notre Dame too. Cooley and Jay Wright should be sending Boeheim and co a thank you card every Christmas.

How so? I like Cooley but you guys have flamed out of the NCAA. It's not like P.C. hasn't been to final fours before. He has improved your won loss record but a lot of that in my opinion is the departures from the Big East of Pitt., Syracuse, Louisville and UConn. All schools with a far more history of success than P.C..
Not sure what you are questioning? Cooley has singlehandedly changed the school. Fact. That practice facility never happens without him. When he started at the school, the school was down to 2,500 season ticket holders. Now they are up to 9,000. It is still one of the smallest schools in all of division 1 and the smallest of any in a major BB conference. 3,500 undergrads and about 40% of the students purchased season tickets as well.

All of these things are 100% because of him. I have no idea why you need to be what appears to be thin skinned. This has nothing to do with what Cuse has done historically, they have been great. UConn in addition has been at a whole other level than that, but PC remains a steady player in the NE recruiting scene despite not having NCAA success yet because of Ed.

I stand by my assessment that Cooley has singlehandedly changed the school. It's simply amazing how beautiful the campus is and what has happened there since he changed the culture surrounding the program.

Once agin this has zero to do with Cuse, the Carrier Dome, Boheim's kid or Otto.

Not sure what you are questioning? Cooley has singlehandedly changed the school. Fact. That practice facility never happens without him. When he started at the school, the school was down to 2,500 season ticket holders. Now they are up to 9,000. It is still one of the smallest schools in all of division 1 and the smallest of any in a major BB conference. 3,500 undergrads and about 40% of the students purchased season tickets as well.

All of these things are 100% because of him. I have no idea why you need to be what appears to be thin skinned. This has nothing to do with what Cuse has done historically, they have been great. UConn in addition has been at a whole other level than that, but PC remains a steady player in the NE recruiting scene despite not having NCAA success yet because of Ed.

I stand by my assessment that Cooley has singlehandedly changed the school. It's simply amazing how beautiful the campus is and what has happened there since he changed the culture surrounding the program.

Once agin this has zero to do with Cuse, the Carrier Dome, Boheim's kid or Otto.
You're a Providence fan posting on a Syracuse message board.

I was pretty clear what I was questioning. Just how well Cooley has done. The power schools of the Big East left. He had an easier field. That is a fact. If those schools had not left, and I miss the old Big East, the road would be much different for Cooley. And even with those advantages that other P.C. coaches didn't have, he still hasn't made it to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament. That is also a fact. And just for the record, no school came close to the overall record that Syracuse put up in the big East. We have about a 20 win margin over the second place school in the all time standings. And UConn wasn't second. Although there tournament accomplishments were great. You posted here. I didn't go over to the Friar board and say something negative about Providence.

Why. Are. You. Here.

Akok is on an official to PC this weekend. Just in time for the grand opening of the $50 mil Men's Practice facility. Cooley has singlehandedly changed the school honestly.

PSA, just corrected a tweet and said it's actually an unofficial.

I don’t understand how a tiny Catholic school with just 3,800 students (which means a small alumni base) can build a $50 million practice facility. The arms race in college sports is insane. That’s $20-30 million more than the Melo Center! WTH!

I don’t understand how a tiny Catholic school with just 3,800 students (which means a small alumni base) can build a $50 million practice facility. The arms race in college sports is insane. That’s $20-30 million more than the Melo Center! WTH!
An earlier poster had it right. It’s called the Ruane Center ( a large wealthy donor). It’s part of a development center. The basketball portion is done, the development center and it’s connection to another building is not. Initial reports are that the men’s practice faculty and offices were in the 35mil range. This includes land acquisition as well I assume. Billy Donovan also donated quite a bit.

You point is accurate though it’s crazy that it happened. PC aruably had the worst facilities the entire time in the Old BE.

I was pretty clear what I was questioning. Just how well Cooley has done. The power schools of the Big East left. He had an easier field. That is a fact. If those schools had not left, and I miss the old Big East, the road would be much different for Cooley. And even with those advantages that other P.C. coaches didn't have, he still hasn't made it to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament. That is also a fact. And just for the record, no school came close to the overall record that Syracuse put up in the big East. We have about a 20 win margin over the second place school in the all time standings. And UConn wasn't second. Although there tournament accomplishments were great. You posted here. I didn't go over to the Friar board and say something negative about Providence.

This guy is cute... ran over to momma on the Boneyard to tell on us...

2019 Recruiting: - Akok Akok (PF)

The fans also follow his lead. They are suprisingly thin skinned especially when it comes to UConn. I made a post on their recruiting page that AA was on PC’s campus this week and mentioned that it’s timed for the opening of the new men’s facility and thank God for what Cooley has done at PC. Of course I was attacked instantly because Cooley has done nothing in the tournament. My response was that my comment was about what Cooley has changed at PC and not about Cuse who has been good nor UConn which is at another level completely.

LOL, you can imagine how that went over.

This guy is cute... ran over to momma on the Boneyard to tell on us...

2019 Recruiting: - Akok Akok (PF)

The fans also follow his lead. They are suprisingly thin skinned especially when it comes to UConn. I made a post on their recruiting page that AA was on PC’s campus this week and mentioned that it’s timed for the opening of the new men’s facility and thank God for what Cooley has done at PC. Of course I was attacked instantly because Cooley has done nothing in the tournament. My response was that my comment was about what Cooley has changed at PC and not about Cuse who has been good nor UConn which is at another level completely.

LOL, you can imagine how that went over.
You have to understand, mid majors stick together. It's like a club.

Dat boy good. This may be to sign and seal
Yeah, let him know that Jones is going to be on campus this week and the spot goes to the first to commit.

Yeah, let him know that Jones is going to be on campus this week and the spot goes to the first to commit.
i don't think that would be a wise move. never cut off the option for a kid with this kind of upside.
. . . indeed, taking kai jones lets akok know he doesn't have to worry about being used as a 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.