Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Wright and kaleb Joseph both had stage freight, you dont go from being fairly highly ranked to looking like you don’t belong on the court. James Thues had more heart than those two.

I liked Josh Wright coming out of high school and thought he could be a pretty good player for us as an upperclassman, but I also thought he was rated A LOT higher than he should have been. His summer camp stats (particularly assists) were inflated because he played with some excellent forwards who excelled in transition (ABCD/Villenuava for example), and he also had a very memorable 'poster' dunk that had the entire camp raving about him. He was fantastic in transition but didn't offer much playmaking in the halfcourt, and more importantly he shot a set shot with a very, very low release - two things that don't translate well at the next level. All of that said, I did expect him to have a bigger impact at SU than he did.

Josh Wright and kaleb Joseph both had stage freight, you dont go from being fairly highly ranked to looking like you don’t belong on the court. James Thues had more heart than those two.
and then right after wright was tiki mayben, who at one time looked as good as any guard in the country, but who just could not keep his stuff together

Tiki never played here though . He had more drama than game. Hes kinda like an enigma, kinda like billy edelin but for different reasons. It’s amazing how far you can go if you’re a talented basketball player, or not if your head isn’t into it.
and then right after wright was tiki mayben, who at one time looked as good as any guard in the country, but who just could not keep his stuff together

Can’t Guerrier strictly play the three? I mean he and Hughes should play that position shouldn’t they? Akok is not a 3 in my opinion.

Kaleb made Wright look real good. Never seen such incompetence at the PG spot anywhere. He was virtually unplayable. A colossal miss that truly set the program back a few years. Word out of Creighton is that he will struggle to see the floor again this season. The Zegarowski kid has really impressed and Davion Mintz is the starter. Some say he’s better at the 2 but Ballock and Ty-Shon Alexander are ahead of him at that position.

Didn’t Kemba call us his dream school? I believe his best 2 offers were Cincy and Seton Hall before UConn came calling

Ok purely hypothetical. But let's say the coaches got a really good feeling from the Stewart visit... but he wants to play the 4. Assuming UCant posters are wishful thinking and Akok comes Sat, loves it, and says "Ok... if I'm playing the 4 I'll commit right now." Do you forgo the top 5 bird in the bush for the top 30 bird in hand?

Ok purely hypothetical. But let's say the coaches got a really good feeling from the Stewart visit... but he wants to play the 4. Assuming UCant posters are wishful thinking and Akok comes Sat, loves it, and says "Ok... if I'm playing the 4 I'll commit right now." Do you forgo the top 5 bird in the bush for the top 30 bird in hand?

Take him...sort it out later. Been burnt before.

That's not a problem at Cuse, since the 4 & 3 are pretty much interchangeable here anyway.

Duke is somehow going to play 3 Small Forwards - we'll figger it out.

That's not a problem at Cuse, since the 4 & 3 are pretty much interchangeable here anyway.

Duke is somehow going to play 3 Small Forwards - we'll figger it out.
I guess I kind of have guerrier penciled in at the other forward spot.

I guess I kind of have guerrier penciled in at the other forward spot.

Just remember Hoops 101 - EVERY PLAYER wants to play the position n-1 from what they play now.

All 5's think they're really PF's.
All PF's think they're SF's.
All SF's think they're 2 guards
and every 2 thinks they're a PG.

of course

I love all of the boneyarders hoping for cold weather when Akok visits Syracuse... They know he goes to school in CT, right? And he's lived through CT winters? He's not a Florida/Texas kid.

Boneyarders trying to be the tallest midget. "Hey, weather in CT really sucks, but we're 1-2 degrees warmer than Syracuse!"

I love all of the boneyarders hoping for cold weather when Akok visits Syracuse... They know he goes to school in CT, right? And he's lived through CT winters? He's not a Florida/Texas kid.

Boneyarders trying to be the tallest midget. "Hey, weather in CT really sucks, but we're 1-2 degrees warmer than Syracuse!"

That's because Boneyarders are morons.

When is his visit scheduled?

i always laugh at this as well. just shows their lack of intelligence. Kind of similar to nicknames people create for colleges. A boneyard favorite is suckacuse. Thats something a four year old (or a rutgers fan) would say.

Last edited:

We also have a 2-3 zone where apparently no one does anything even though the defense is routinely ranked in the top 15 in blocks/steals for the past 20 years

It benefits UConn if he cancels Cuse visit. How does that benefit him? It doesn’t! He’s coming, at the very least, to hear Boeheims pitch. Hurley doesn’t have experience/credibility yet at this level that Boeheim has. Think about it. Which program has more to offer? Now think about that without your orange glasses on. We still win.

It benefits UConn if he cancels Cuse visit. How does that benefit him? It doesn’t! He’s coming, at the very least, to hear Boeheims pitch. Hurley doesn’t have experience/credibility yet at this level that Boeheim has. Think about it. Which program has more to offer? Now think about that without your orange glasses on. We still win.
Yeah unless this kid just really wants to be right down the street from home or has made very close friends with Uconn players (both entirely possible, granted) there's no reason to ever choose them. Everything else they offer, we offer the same thing but better.

He's visiting now? I thought he was already committed to UConn. I wonder what happened?:rolleyes:

I realize this isn't anyone credible. Just the Pitt homer pushing the Pitt narrative. But share all info...
Screenshot_2018-10-17-10-16-39.png

Status
Not open for further replies.