Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pitt has a better chance with Akok than Uconn
I don't think so. Pitt offers nothing we don't. At least UConn is close to home and offers familiarity. But... I've been wrong before. Wahab is a different story though.

I think Pitt has a better chance with Akok than Uconn
AZ do you still like our chances with him? Any change in your prediction given the new momentum with IS?

But that's a false dichotomy. Akok is more of a SF than a PF/C. He's 6'8 but nowhere near as beefy as IS and he has an outside game - like Brissett. So IMO, the either/or is Akok and Guerrier.
I really wasn't debating that. My point is if Akok wants to commit. Welcome aboard.

I don't think so. Pitt offers nothing we don't. At least UConn is close to home and offers familiarity. But... I've been wrong before. Wahab is a different story though.
The one thing they do offer over us is obvious with Capel coaching.

It's a pretty cool campus is a vibrant city.
Has Okland changed that much? I went to school right up Forbes Ave form Pitt at Carnegie Mellon. Nothing about Pitt's campus screamed cool... when I was there it was a drab urban campus with very little green space and a lot of hoodlums who wandered the streets. There were definitely parts of the campus you didn't want to be on after hours as well.

Ohhh good grief now they are trying to say they will hear a announcement tomorrow or Friday but possibly tonight lol! They have been saying this all week!

Ohhh good grief now they are trying to say they will hear a announcement tomorrow or Friday but possibly tonight lol! They have been saying this all week!
Ehh... I'm not going to dismiss them out of hand. I think it would be odd for Akok not to make his visit here when it's so close. But kids have done stranger things. We'll know for sure when he shows up... or he doesn't.

Arguably 3 of the 4 best insiders on their board have confirmed on separate days.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he does go there

Given that his recruiting trip here starts Friday, here's the only announcement the uconn fanbase should expect about Akok Akok:

tumblr_nx7r2kjLRb1r9pt1so1_250.gif

UConn seems to have a lot of smoke brewing with Akok. It is very possible that Akok told the staff he plans on committing to UConn but 1) didn't want it public and 2) wanted to go on the rest of his planned visits. I wonder if the UConn staff really pushed for him to announce on site last weekend. This happens all the time. Remember Jordan Tucker loving SU last year, telling everybody he was going commit, etc. Akok may have seen himself at UConn on Friday/Saturday. Maybe he'll like Syracuse more.

If Akok makes it to Syracuse campus on Friday, anything goes. Maybe he already committed to UConn and wanted to be polite to the other coaches. If he doesn't make it to SU, then it seems he'd be a "lock" to UConn and probably announce it publicly shortly after.

That's not a problem at Cuse, since the 4 & 3 are pretty much interchangeable here anyway.

Duke is somehow going to play 3 Small Forwards - we'll figger it out.

Defensively they are interchangeable but not so much offensively. We don’t play 4 out and tend to have our 4/5 play hi-low, 2 high, 2 low or one high and the other moving along the baseline. We do allow the 4 to pop out sometimes (see lydon) but I wouldn’t say the 3/4 are interchangeable. The 3 is always on the wing as is the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom