Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's a false dichotomy. Akok is more of a SF than a PF/C. He's 6'8 but nowhere near as beefy as IS and he has an outside game - like Brissett. So IMO, the either/or is Akok and Guerrier.

I said that the other day as food for thought. He may see himself as a 3 with Guerrier as a 3 also.

I said that the other day as food for thought. He may see himself as a 3 with Guerrier as a 3 also.
You did indeed (post 1130). And I agree. My point was that Akok's much closer to a 3 than Stewart ever was. Either way, this 'dilemma' may solve itself if Guerrier commits.

Last edited:
Everyday that goes by decreases the chance he commits there.

He hasnt even visited yet. I would think (especially considering UCONN insiders are saying he verballed there) that every day that goes by is better up until he gets here.

I really wasn't debating that. My point is if Akok wants to commit. Welcome aboard.
Absolutely. Akok can play ... to me he's an OB-style guy, good size, athletic, can bang inside but also hit the 3. Perfect length and versatility for the zone. But as to skillsets, I see no conflict between him and Stewart.

Last edited:
Defensively they are interchangeable but not so much offensively. We don’t play 4 out and tend to have our 4/5 play hi-low, 2 high, 2 low or one high and the other moving along the baseline. We do allow the 4 to pop out sometimes (see lydon) but I wouldn’t say the 3/4 are interchangeable. The 3 is always on the wing as is the 2.

Depending on whether you are set-play dependent or running more of a continuity or motion offense, it is much easier to play postionless on offense. Even with set plays, after the initial entry pass is made, the other players and their responsibilities can be largely interchangeable. Some of the exceptions would be plays designed for a post up offense, or specific sets to free a specific shooter

If hes committed to Yukon then hes not taking our visit just to tell the coaches no or go through the motions and get a free dinner. Hes either not committed and coming here to see what we have to offer or hes committed to them and cancels his official to cuse. And if he's canceling then I'd imagine he would be doing so today or tomorrow at the latest.

Sketch3.png

This doesnt make sense...didnt they say he already committed?

Cant even keep the crap straight on their own board.

Depending on whether you are set-play dependent or running more of a continuity or motion offense, it is much easier to play postionless on offense. Even with set plays, after the initial entry pass is made, the other players and their responsibilities can be largely interchangeable. Some of the exceptions would be plays designed for a post up offense, or specific sets to free a specific shooter

Agreed -- I think it depends more on the capabilities of the players, more than some generic formula with role based restrictions. Lydon played out as a 5, for example.

Just can't see AkAk wanting to play zone from everything I have read/seen about him. He prides on D.

Just looked at Kenpom and holy sht these are the most self unaware schmucks on the internet.

Just looked at Kenpom and holy sht these are the most self unaware schmucks on the internet.
They still think zone is a lazy defense. Which is a is a lazy take from a lazy bunch of fans who had to suffer through Tulsa and Tulane all year and still not make any sort of postseason tournament.

a sizable contingent of our own fans agree with them
I can't remember if it was Tyus or not, I think so, he was asked which was more taxing zone or M2M. Didn't take long for zone to come out, and if that was Tyus like I recall I can't think of many guys in better condition than he is soooo...

Has Okland changed that much? I went to school right up Forbes Ave form Pitt at Carnegie Mellon. Nothing about Pitt's campus screamed cool... when I was there it was a drab urban campus with very little green space and a lot of hoodlums who wandered the streets. There were definitely parts of the campus you didn't want to be on after hours as well.

Really?! Lol. Lots of Oakland looks like freaking Rome where the Cathedral of Learning is nestled in between some of the museums and Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall. I mean there is some shitty student off campus ratholes around Bates/Atwood St but that’s minimal. It’s a sweet area. Then of course you go a few blocks up further towards Schenley Park/CMU.

Really?! Lol. Lots of Oakland looks like freaking Rome where the Cathedral of Learning is nestled in between some of the museums and Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall. I mean there is some shitty student off campus ratholes around Bates/Atwood St but that’s minimal. It’s a sweet area. Then of course you go a few blocks up further towards Schenley Park/CMU.

Where the women instinctively flock like the salmon of capastrano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors