Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another giving the nod to yukon.

Contenders: Final five of Connecticut, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Providence and Syracuse.

Early or late: Early.

Breakdown: Akok's lone remaining official visit to take is Pittsburgh and he's knocking that out over the next few days. A decision might not follow immediately, however Akok should be ready to decide relatively soon. There were rumors that he committed to UConn after his visit there but he shot them down. The Huskies do, however, appear to be in pretty good shape and would be our pick if we had to call any school the leader.
I mean the guy has us as a contender for Precious...sounds reasonable

Another giving the nod to yukon.

Contenders: Final five of Connecticut, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Providence and Syracuse.

Early or late: Early.

Breakdown: Akok's lone remaining official visit to take is Pittsburgh and he's knocking that out over the next few days. A decision might not follow immediately, however Akok should be ready to decide relatively soon. There were rumors that he committed to UConn after his visit there but he shot them down. The Huskies do, however, appear to be in pretty good shape and would be our pick if we had to call any school the leader.
that's not "another;" it's a repeat of boss's earlier pick

that's not "another;" it's a repeat of boss's earlier pick
I get what your saying but bossi and Evan's are 2 DIFFERENT people. And Evan's gives the nod to Yukon like bossi did. So that's "another" media guy giving the nod to yukon. Although maybe I misread it wrong and hes just reiterating what bossi said? Either way I dont know if he disagrees.

I mean the guy has us as a contender for Precious...sounds reasonable
Yea they have had us in there all year...the precious recruitment is a whole other topic. Really strange recruitment.

Might be my third time saying this but if we do miss on Akok, yes it will sting a bit but we will be just fine!!!! So many recruits still left uncommitted and you'll have decommitments as well.

I still believe we have a good shot with him though

I get what your saying but bossi and Evan's are 2 DIFFERENT people. And Evan's gives the nod to Yukon like bossi did. So that's "another" media guy giving the nod to yukon. Although maybe I misread it wrong and hes just reiterating what bossi said? Either way I dont know if he disagrees.

"The Huskies do, however, appear to be in pretty good shape and would be our pick if we had to call any school the leader."

Doesnt sound like the ringing endorsement they want you to think it is.

Just to make this clear, I'm not saying hes going there or that I'm agreeing with these "insiders" I'm only sharing recent info I come across that pertains to akok and his recruitment. This kids quiet and the same stuff has been said about him over and over with nothing new. So no one really has any idea what's going to happen with his recruitment. We are obviously still in this and have just as good of a chance to land him as crappy Yukon. I've mentioned what I thought earlier in the thread but I hope I'm wrong and he makes this decision based on other stuff then familiarity. If he does then we should win this one hands down.

Just to make this clear, I'm not saying hes going there or that I'm agreeing with these "insiders" I'm only sharing recent info I come across that pertains to akok and his recruitment. This kids quiet and the same stuff has been said about him over and over with nothing new. So no one really has any idea what's going to happen with his recruitment. We are obviously still in this and have just as good of a chance to land him as crappy Yukon. I've mentioned what I thought earlier in the thread but I hope I'm wrong and he makes this decision based on other stuff then familiarity. If he does then we should win this one hands down.

No doubt, I meant the BYers reaction to him picking Akok to UCONN...

I am just ready for him to decide...either way...lol

"The Huskies do, however, appear to be in pretty good shape and would be our pick if we had to call any school the leader."

Doesnt sound like the ringing endorsement they want you to think it is.
Exactly.
This says UConn leads, but it’s certainly not as “over” as the Mutts on the BY want folks to believe.
There’s a sense of desperation in some of their posts, almost like they’re trying to wish it into existence. lol

ok fine. ... but my point is that it is not new information. evans &bossi have already predicted uconn. this is echoing & recycling those prior predictions. bossi makes a prediction, then writes up a story about it, then evans links to the same story - it is the same thing repeated 3 times over several days and gives the false impression of "momentum" toward uconn.

maybe that is where he ends up, but there is no new news and no momentum

ok fine. ... but my point is that it is not new information. evans &bossi have already predicted uconn. this is echoing & recycling those prior predictions. bossi makes a prediction, then writes up a story about it, then evans links to the same story - it is the same thing repeated 3 times over several days and gives the false impression of "momentum" toward uconn.

maybe that is where he ends up, but there is no new news and no momentum

I followed up with that

Ok who in the heck from espn wrote this and does he know something that pretty much everyone else doesnt? Pitt? What...

Screenshot_20181025-224618_Chrome.jpg

Ok who in the heck from espn wrote this and does he know something that pretty much everyone else doesnt? Pitt? What...

View attachment 142622
it is true, but so what?

pitt is receiving buzz because they are the most recent visit
uconn because evans & bossi are a two man echo chamber
the buzz is just a bunch of recruiting journalists yammering sweet nothings back and forth amongst one another in the absence of anything from the horse's mouth

If you mis-read it wrong does that mean you read it right?

Know what would be cool? If akok let the msg game decide where he goes.

If akok chooses uconn, the boneyard can have their moment, but the beatdown thats coming in a few weeks will be our payback.

Also, uconn needs this stuff to feel relevant again. Would not getting akok be a loss for us? Sure, but for uconn, its a much bigger deal.

Lets wait and see what type of competitor he is. I just cant see very many top end recruits wanting to play in the aac. There will be some but over the long haul, i dont see uconn basketball as sustaining succees. Uconn doesnt have bags of cash like cal used at memphis.

In closing, what i think will happen to uconn really isnt its own fault. The aac is just a garbage conference. I just reviewed the teams there. It must really suck to go from old big east to that. Their fans must think wth happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.