Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

Announcing Thursday...looking like Tennessee is bringing in a pretty nice class.

Tennessee seems to be attracting a bunch of talent lately...can someone please explain?

How does Barnes do it wihtout much track record of success?

Tennessee seems to be attracting a bunch of talent lately...can someone please explain?

How does Barnes do it wihtout much track record of success?
It is the elite tradition of zero Final Fours that draws kids to Knoxville...ohh and $125K in a McDonald's bag to their Uncle helps.

Last edited:
I hate that it's Tennessee since I live here. They're already so arrogant about football. I don't want them to have a reason to transfer that to basketball.

I hate that it's Tennessee since I live here. They're already so arrogant about football. I don't want them to have a reason to transfer that to basketball.
They sure don't have much to be arrogant about in football. They've been irrelevant for the majority of 2 decades as well.

They sure don't have much to be arrogant about in football. They've been irrelevant for the majority of 2 decades as well.

They have every advantage to be a good to great football team every year. Unfortunately for them they hire idiot AD’s and coaches. They also let their boosters drive the bus.

Rick Barnes has no track record of success? He has won over 700 games and been to a final four and 2 elite 8's. He is a good coach.

Rick Barnes could not get to the Sweet Sixteen with Kevin Durant and 3 other future NBA players on that same roster.

He's a good recruiter. An amazing one, actually.
Because he's a mediocre coach.

Rick Barnes could not get to the Sweet Sixteen with Kevin Durant and 3 other future NBA players on that same roster.

He's a good recruiter. An amazing one, actually.
Because he's a mediocre coach.
I mean kids don't look that deep into the past, unless they're talking about superstars. I would assume the pitch is "I turned 3 non ranked kids into NBA guys (Grant Williams, Admiral Schofield, Jordan Bone)... imagine what I can do with 5 stars?" and the whole turning a 16-16 Tenn team (2016) into a 26-9 team (2017) with the same roster that he inherited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom