Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

Would love BHH, but we just don’t have room for him assuming the rumor that we assured Benny he’d start next season is true.

Kinda funny that a few weeks ago, people were acting like he had an incredible freshman season because he had a good game in the tournament. The season did not go as planned but he did show much more promise than Benny.

Bunch more a 2, than a 4. Don’t be surprised when Maliq plays A LOT
Bunch is a 3, 6’8” very good in transition for size….Rebounding and Defense will be how he stays on court.

If Maliq Brown plays a lot (20+ mpg), Syracuse basketball is in for another long year.

He looks the part, but he has no game.
Who has no game? BHH is a stud. Was on an extremely talented Tenn team, and started at times. Had his moments. Saw him hit several Tim Duncan bankers. Talent is extraordinary.

Why can he not get 30 minutes here at the forward spot?
He could but it seems like He is the type of guy that wants those minutes handed to him. If he's willing to put in the work id bring him in.

Mintz, Joe, Benny, BHH, JE would be glorious. Mintz shoots good enough. Joe is Joe. I’d be more than willing to roll the dice without a 3pt shooter at the 3-5.

He could but it seems like He is the type of guy that wants those minutes handed to him. If he's willing to put in the work id bring him in.

Well we have to hand them to someone why not someone with NBA talent?

Mintz, Joe, Benny, BHH, JE would be glorious. Mintz shoots good enough. Joe is Joe. I’d be more than willing to roll the dice without a 3pt shooter at the 3-5.
JB would never play a lineup like that in a million years. It's like the posts that used to try and validate Marek at the 2 back in the day.

Im sort of to the point now, where when you need that missing piece, you just give the assurances of yeah I see 30 mins for you at the 4 and the 5 here. And you let them have a leg up on the comp and start off.

If they dont perform you decrease the minutes and tell them why and what they need to do (maybe somebody else is improving and worthy) and if they cant handle that you just mentally prepare yourself that they might quit midseason and hit the portal. Heck, guys who start and are all conference have hit the portal at the end of a season.

I would love to see them take this guy now and figure things out later. Even though his stats were hardly eye popping, he played for Tennessee in the tournament and made some big plays. He will improve here more than he would under a coach like Barnes.
Also i think the NIL thing is overstated. He can't expect to get huge cake. He isn't some hot 5 star top 10 recruit. Most of the NIL deals are for tens of thousands of dollars. The huge deals like the Alabama qb and others are outliers for the most part.

I would love to see them take this guy now and figure things out later. Even though his stats were hardly eye popping, he played for Tennessee in the tournament and made some big plays. He will improve here more than he would under a coach like Barnes.
Also i think the NIL thing is overstated. He can't expect to get huge cake. He isn't some hot 5 star top 10 recruit. Most of the NIL deals are for tens of thousands of dollars. The huge deals like the Alabama qb and others are outliers for the most part.
We’ve been sort of holding our own with less talent than many power 5 teams. It would be nice to level the playing field again.

Im sort of to the point now, where when you need that missing piece, you just give the assurances of yeah I see 30 mins for you at the 4 and the 5 here. And you let them have a leg up on the comp and start off.

If they dont perform you decrease the minutes and tell them why and what they need to do (maybe somebody else is improving and worthy) and if they cant handle that you just mentally prepare yourself that they might quit midseason and hit the portal. Heck, guys who start and are all conference have hit the portal at the end of a season.
JB isn’t going to play a newcomer at both the 4 and 5. Too much to learn. I doubt he wants any part of playing the five.

... this recruit was one that I was intrigued by...was kinda surprised he didnt do more at tenn this year...but i didnt watch them play once...

would be a nice player to add to the team...pretty much exactly what the team needs too, imo

i think the current roster is missing a power forward who can come in and dominte immediately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom