Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

Not getting another big man like BHH or even QB is going to come back and bite us next year. We have NO ONE with any proven experience to back up Jesse in the event of foul trouble or injury. Peter Carey hasn't played because of injury and needs to bulk up. JBA is a bust. Maliq hasn't played against very good competition in high school. I'm not convinced he's able to be a small ball center in the ACC as a frosh.

I realize that it's hard to find someone interested in being a back up. My response to that is then we've got to do a better job keeping our depth happy. Frank should've been given a lot more minutes even if it meant time at the four spot too. I'm super stoked about this incoming class, but this is in my opinion a HUGE error to stand pat, if that's indeed what the plan is.

Not getting another big man like BHH or even QB is going to come back and bite us next year. We have NO ONE with any proven experience to back up Jesse in the event of foul trouble or injury. Peter Carey hasn't played because of injury and needs to bulk up. JBA is a bust. Maliq hasn't played against very good competition in high school. I'm not convinced he's able to be a small ball center in the ACC as a frosh.

I realize that it's hard to find someone interested in being a back up. My response to that is then we've got to do a better job keeping our depth happy. Frank should've been given a lot more minutes even if it meant time at the four spot too. I'm super stoked about this incoming class, but this is in my opinion a HUGE error to stand pat, if that's indeed what the plan is.
We have an open spot at the 4. That should entice someone.

We have an open spot at the 4. That should entice someone.
I could be wrong but the vibe I've gotten is that JB plans to stand pat with the current roster. I hope he changes his mind and brings in a center, but a PF that can spell us as a small ball C would be great too. I don't think we're linked to anyone though, and that concerns me. HUGE MISTAKE.

Awesome...

Meanwhile, at SU:. "My team is on the floor..."
Louisville is gonna kill it in recruiting and portaling with Payne and Nolan Smith. Meanwhile, we’re completely ignoring the portal. At least two of Bunch, Taylor and Brown better be day 1 contributors. No excuses from JB that they’re not ready.

You're freaking out about backup 5 mins. I'm far more worried about ALL 80 forward minutes where all of your points also exist.

How much NIL did he get? The Miami guy got close to a million for 2 years.

Do you believe that was interest in Syracuse and in BH-H at this late date?

I feel even if there was, the desires and expectations of each were too far apart.

Maybe, next summer they will match up.

Louisville
Duke
UNC

Rest of ACC

I don't think we miss this guy but Payne is going to be a problem at Louisville. If he can coach at all ...
The fact that this kids ended up at Louisville really bothers me. I wanted that program to stay down and it seems like they are headed back in the wrong direction.

Louisville is gonna kill it in recruiting and portaling with Payne and Nolan Smith. Meanwhile, we’re completely ignoring the portal. At least two of Bunch, Taylor and Brown better be day 1 contributors. No excuses from JB that they’re not ready.
I mentioned last summer that Kenny Payne is someone SU should look at. Too late now.

I mentioned last summer that Kenny Payne is someone SU should look at. Too late now.
Let’s see him get through a couple years without sanctions before we worry about not grabbing him in time.

It’s obvious that sanctions mean nothing. The biggest cheater jus5 won the national championship.
Yep, sanctions mean nothing except if you violate the really important ones like academic misconduct involving a tutor writing a paper, extra benefits tied to the YMCA, and failure to follow your drug testing policy. Those are the kind of sanctions that the NCAA should investigate for, I don't know, something like 8+ years.

A lot more minutes at the expense of one of the top centers in the league (and arguably our best player)? If FA could handle the four, he would have played the four.

It’s obvious that sanctions mean nothing. The biggest cheater jus5 won the national championship.
Might not mean anything for Kansas, they essentially destroyed syracuse though

Claiming they had no impact is just dumb…

I didn't say that though. You claimed they destroyed SU and still are hurting us.

Losing people to the portal was not the sanctions.

Carey, Goodine, T. Thompson, Geno Thorpe, and others were not related to sanctions.

Who we brought in this past year that couldn't get us a winning season wasn’t the sanctions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom