Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

I see pages of people bitching about sanctions. Can you people read? Isn’t this thread about BHH?
Frankly, the thread should be locked seeing as he committed to Louisville.

Especially when the coach knowingly doesn’t use all his scholarships anyway
Yes and, I've posted this before, but at the heyday of sanctions, we had 3-4 centers on the roster, at least two of whom couldn't play for various reasons.

That's roster mismanagement. You don't keep Coleman on scholarship when injuries prevent him playing or Obokoh when he was completely mis-matched or take on a traditional transfer to sit a year in Chukwu.

kenny payne fired from louisville

if BHH leaves there, could he come to the orange????

He’s skilled, but is fundamentally poor. He has a lot of bad habits to overcome. I’m not sure his motor is all that great.
Proper coaching can cure all that. Do we have the coaches, that's the question.

We took Wesley Johnson and Elijah Hughes.
We weren't in the middle of a serious rebuild, if I am remembering correctly.

Our program's culture needs to be flipped. Not much Red could do about last offseason but it needs to happen now.

Last edited:
We weren't in the middle of a serious rebuild, if I am remembering correctly.

Our program's culture needs to be flipped. Not much Red could do about last offseason but it needs to happen now.
It doesn't matter. There are good players to be found on teams with bad records if you are good at scouting. Culture shouldn't be established by an incoming player. It should be established by the coach.

But that‘s not good enough!
Ultimately it's not. But if that's the kind of player we can land and we can land another upgrade at another position of need while having returning guys improve, that gets us better, Hopefully good enough to be a tourney team. Then we sell that to the next batch of recruits/transfers and keep upgrading until we are where we should be.

Ultimately it's not. But if that's the kind of player we can land and we can land another upgrade at another position of need while having returning guys improve, that gets us better, Hopefully good enough to be a tourney team. Then we sell that to the next batch of recruits/transfers and keep upgrading until we are where we should be.

That's what we need to be next year: better.

If we have Freeman, Brown and Bell, how much time does a 'true center' get? And is there anyone in the portal that would settle for that?

I think we've already got the 15-20 minutes guyts on the roster.
How much time does a true center get??? The answer is A LOT.

Freeman and Bell take 0 minutes away from a center. After this year I don't think the staff even wants Brown getting minutes at the 5.

How much time does a true center get??? The answer is A LOT.

Freeman and Bell take 0 minutes away from a center. After this year I don't think the staff even wants Brown getting minutes at the 5.

So where does Brown get his minutes?

25 mpg for a big bodied center. AO only averaged around that his senior year, fyi. Maliq gets the other 15 at center plus 15 mpg at PF. And Freeman gets the other 25mpg at PF. We don’t want frontcourt guys playing iron man minutes.
If we bring in a center that deserves 25 MPG I doubt Maliq is getting 15. Mcleod will get time if he's healthy.

At his actual position the 4.
I think 4 men in today’s game have to be able to score in a variety of ways, and create their own shots. I haven’t seen that from Brown.

I think 4 men in today’s game have to be able to score in a variety of ways, and create their own shots. I haven’t seen that from Brown.
I strongly disagree. Not many 4 men can create their own shots and score in a variety of ways. Look at KJ Adams at Kansas, Ryan Dunn at UVA, Mark Mitchell at Duke, all of Houstons bigs. Those are just off the top of my head I'm sure there is many more from good teams. Like Ryan Dunn, he's the best defender we have he will play even without being too much of an offensive threat. He also is a very underrated passer and moves the ball really well.

I also expect Maliq to be more aggressive next year. Would imagine he adds a mid-range jumper this offseason as his shot mechanics aren't bad. He also has a nice touch around the rim and is capable of putting the ball on the floor in the half court when driving to the basket. I don't think he'll ever be a back to the basket guy but he knows where to be on the floor and seems to always find the ball. Thats all we need from him if we add a quality center. If Donnie is ready to contribute early on he will provide inside scoring.

If you also go back and watch last year with Jesse, Maliq is really good at running the floor and can score in transition. He wasn't really able to showcase that this year because he was basically the only one that could rebound defensively and was stuck doing so.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom