Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

I never said he wouldnt play forward. My point is that his natural position is at the 2. Question for you. If you had to label Hughes a 2 or a 3 what position would you choose?

At SU, both. Exactly where he’s been practicing.

Can Buddy play the 3?

Hughes can and will def play the 3 especially if battle comes back which he will imo!
He will have to. What a great, and unusual for Syracuse, position to be in. If Tyus comes back, we will have a really good 3 man rotation at guard. With residual players for special circumstances. A good 3 man forward rotation, and if Golden signs up, a 4th forward/bruiser. And a two headed center.

Hughes can play the 3. My point which im done making after this post is that his best or natural position is the 2. If we land this kid i dont think Hughes will play much at the 3. If not he will out of necessity. Assuming we whiff on landing another forward JB will use Carey Frank Buddy Hughes up top.
Bris Marek Hughes on the back line.

If you knew SUs offense you’d know for 40 years JBs motion offense which is his base offense, there’s no difference with the 2 or 3. You’re trying to argue different player skills.

This is absolutely correct.

In fact, in a 3 out 2 in "true" motion offense similar to what JB uses, the 1-2-3 are always interchangeable after the first pass. As you mentioned, this has little to do with skill sets and is more about how those 3 players are positioning, cutting, coming off screens and moving without the ball.

This is absolutely correct.

In fact, in a 3 out 2 in "true" motion offense similar to what JB uses, the 1-2-3 are always interchangeable after the first pass. As you mentioned, this has little to do with skill sets and is more about how those 3 players are positioning, cutting, coming off screens and moving without the ball.

Exactly. JB has said so himself.

Hughes and Carey will both need to play a lot especially if Battle is gone. We need the scoring and shooting. Our main lineup next year will be Frank, Carey, Hughes, Brissett, and Chukwu/Sid. There isn’t a a scenario out there where you can convince me Golden will be better than Hughes backing up Marek.

Exactly. JB has said so himself.

One step further, even in a half court offense with set plays, the 1-2-3 can, and sometimes/often are, interchangeable after the entry pass.

Hughes and Carey will both need to play a lot especially if Battle is gone. We need the scoring and shooting. Our main lineup next year will be Frank, Carey, Hughes, Brissett, and Chukwu/Sid. There isn’t a a scenario out there where you can convince me Golden will be better than Hughes backing up Marek.
Depends on the team we are playing.

Has he indicated a timeline on the rest of his visits and when he is going to announce? Also, any stats from the game yesterday?
He had an in home with Butler, that may be all they get. As for Gtown... I'm not sure his mother would want him subjected to such a nightmarish weekend. So it may be just the two visits and then a decision next week. But that's just my guess.

No, they don't have a Dinosaur, but they do have a Wood 'N Hog BBQ in Champaign. And far worse -- A GOLDEN Wok in Urbana. Yeah, you heard that right. Color me concerned.

Kam's ain't no Chucks (may it RIP), and what is that blue drink anyway?!

If Golden goes to Illinois, it shouldn’t be a shock basketball-wise.

Underwood was well thought of when they hired him last year. They play pretty up tempo and should continue improving offensively. Oklahoma State was #1 in adjusted O in his year there and Stephen F Austin was a very good offensive team in his time there prior.

Maybe Golden also isn’t sure of his fit in the zone. He’s not our usual super long, rangy or athletic forward, and at 6’7” or so, may not be ideal.

If he wants to play not up tempo and in a defense that may be a better fit, we shouldn’t end up shocked if he goes to Illinois. Plus, he chose Pitt originally so it’s not like he minds going to a program that hasn’t been successful lately.

The Illini has and did a full court press again for him. Their whole staff stayed for his official visit and skipped all the AAU games Friday.

The Illini has and did a full court press again for him. Their whole staff stayed for his official visit and skipped all the AAU games Friday.
That is showing a lot of love for a player!!

Gonna be a tough get. Illinois is probably selling him starting from day 1. We’re selling a role player next year with the possibility of starting after that.
that is why i think ty's decision is critical for him. w no ty, he could pretty much be assured 15 minutes per game if he is any good. w ty, then he is competing w hughes for those minutes and he could easily find himself out of the rotation entirely.

No, they don't have a Dinosaur, but they do have a Wood 'N Hog BBQ in Champaign. And far worse -- A GOLDEN Wok in Urbana. Yeah, you heard that right. Color me concerned.
Kam's ain't no Chucks (may it RIP), and what is that blue drink anyway?!

Champaign may have a Golden Wok but they do not have a Golden Corral. Syracuse is getting a brand new one, not far for the Syracuse and LeMoyne campuses.

GC_Shield_Logo_Plain_High.jpg

What to expect for Syracuse: A look inside Rochester's Golden Corral

Syracuse also owns the Golden Snowball Award.

6a0105364228eb970b017c38520d6d970b-500wi

Golden Snowball Award - Wikipedia

Game, set, match Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors