Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

As of this writing he's scheduled for another OV. I think he's visiting Illinois with Xavier and G'town still in play. Based on my blind affinity for the Orange I'm predicting an announcement this weekend for SU. When you combine a banquet at the Dinosaur with the pageantry of the Spring Game and the full court press of the SU Basketball brain trust, could there be any other choice but SU?
Wow. So Tyus and Golden could announce this weekend?

As of this writing he's scheduled for another OV. I think he's visiting Illinois with Xavier and G'town still in play. Based on my blind affinity for the Orange I'm predicting an announcement this weekend for SU. When you combine a banquet at the Dinosaur with the pageantry of the Spring Game and the full court press of the SU Basketball brain trust, could there be any other choice but SU?
Yes. That football pageantry of ours always gets'em!

I think he’s from Hagerstown, MD.
He is from Winchester, Virginia. It's about 45 -50 minutes south of his school which is located just south of Hagerstown, MD.

He is from Winchester, Virginia. It's about 45 -50 minutes south of his school which is located just south of Hagerstown, MD.
Winchester, which is off of Route 81 is not exactly a drive you would make every day. He must have stayed with someone at his school during the week.

Winchester, which is off of Route 81 is not exactly a drive you would make every day. He must have stayed with someone at his school during the week.

St. James is a boarding school. He stayed on campus.

The obvious question is how is the visit going? I heard about the rib lunch but any other input? Is there a player assigned to him for the visit?

Strangely quiet on "insider" info on this one isn't it? Haven't even seen if he is still on campus, who he's touring with other than one dinosaur bbq meal. Hope it's going well and he commits before leaving.

I'm sitting here rocking back and forth like Rainman reminding myself, "Brycen Goodine is not Bryce Golden. Brycen Goodine is not Bryce Golden. Brycen Goodine is not Bryce Golden."
Got it! The BèeGees, baby!

well visit is over. No commitment it appears.
In this twitter thread there is a video on Golden in which he states that a big reason for choosing Pitt was their outstanding physical therapy department. It appears that Syracuse offers a bachelors degree in Health & Exercise Science and a 3+3 program for a doctorate degree. Sounds like Golden is pretty focused on academics. Anyone more familiar than I am with the reputation of Syracuse's program versus that of the other three schools on Bryce's list. Sounds like this may be a huge factor and would explain why he was so interested in Pitt to begin with.

In this twitter thread there is a video on Golden in which he states that a big reason for choosing Pitt was their outstanding physical therapy department. It appears that Syracuse offers a bachelors degree in Health & Exercise Science and a 3+3 program for a doctorate degree. Sounds like Golden is pretty focused on academics. Anyone more familiar than I am with the reputation of Syracuse's program versus that of the other three schools on Bryce's list. Sounds like this may be a huge factor and would explain why he was so interested in Pitt to begin with.

Ok I'm responding to my own post... none of his four remaining schools have a top ranked PT department:

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-health-schools/physical-therapy-rankings

I was hoping to get a comitt This weekend. Does he have any other visits set up?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom