Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

This is just sad now it’s only getting worse and worse with recruiting and more bad news will come with Stewart and girardii

We're set with the starters, but depth behind them is dangerously thin. Hughes might be able to play some 3, but that's it as the roster currently is constructed. Need another forward.

One injury, and our forward rotation is in the same boat as our backcourt rotation was last year. Need to add someone who can contribute.

This 100%, not to mention Oshae is gone next year so it would be nice to have more then 1 natural forward return on the roster and thats assuming Marek comes back. If he left to it would be Hughes and hopefully 2-3 Frosh forwards.

Butler has squat returning at the 4. Something like 7ppg total between 2 guys. He sees PT at the 4. Golden and Tucker both there now. Ugh.

Butler has squat returning at the 4. Something like 7ppg total between 2 guys. He sees PT at the 4. Golden and Tucker both there. Ugh.

The "what could have been" Syracuse roster. At least we don't have to play them I guess. A month ago it seemed Battle, Golden, and Quade could all possibly end up at SU. Now we probably don't get any. Syracuse bball the best soap opera of all time.

Wow. We can’t recruit. This kid wasn’t that good anyway and would’ve sat the bench here.

There^^^^. I just saved many of the knee jerk reactors on both sides of the coin a lot of time.
There is def something to this statement. We had playing time available and a possible 3 year starting gig to offer, and we lost to Butler. We were supposedly the biggest school on his list. Not sure if Butler was there before and had a bigger relationship, but the fact of the matter is we weren't selling this kid on having to sit the bench... I keep getting more and more worried, not less. Golden is not the end of all things, but is certanly an indication that we can't just grab a kid easily anymore, despite being the "biggest," name. bad

Last edited:
Honestly, now that he has committed elsewhere... I was not enthused about what i saw in those highlight videos. I don't think he was going to help us in the next two years—not at the level we need.

That doesn't fill the roster space, though. But, i think we need a higher-level player for the next few years.

I don't really blame him—seeing who we have next year, those 4 already-established frontcourt players, and not seeing immediate minutes. Why would he think he'd get more run than Moyer did?

Wow. We can’t recruit. This kid wasn’t that good anyway and would’ve sat the bench here.

There^^^^. I just saved many of the knee jerk reactors on both sides of the coin a lot of time.

I get your point but this is a disappointing one. There was a time we’d look at that competition and know we’d land the recruit.

Maybe he didn't want to play on a big stage. He could have had all the PT in the world at Pitt.

There is def something to this statement. We had playing time available and a possible 3 year starting gig to offer, and we lost to Butler. We were supposedly the biggest school on his list. Not sure if Butler was there before and had a bigger relationship, but the fact of the matter is we weren't selling this kid on having to sit the bench... I keep getting more and more worried, not less. bad

How much do you think Brissett and Dolezaj are going to play?

Just more pressure on the staff to get a big class next year.
Wish I had confidence we will get that big 2019 class but I don’t.
Also we now won’t use all scholarships for 2018.

I get your point but this is a disappointing one. There was a time we’d look at that competition and know we’d land the recruit.

This is really dead on. Recruiting has never been easy, and we've never truly been a "selector" type school, but it does appear that lately we really have to grind...and grind, kind of like our offense the past few years. I do recall when going after recruits and seeing the competition, thinking along the lines like, it'll be tough, but in the end he'll be Orange. Those days seem to gone, as nowadays, after seeing the competition, my thought process has gone from high confidence in landed our main targets, and other secondary ones, to gosh, and one of hope and wishful thinking. :(

Was there a lead recruiter or was it all hands on deck effort?

How much do you think Brissett and Dolezaj are going to play?
Next year we have no depth at forward.
Playing Dolezaj and Brissett 40 a game for the whole season isn't good.
Hughes has to be a forward his length negates what was suppose to be length at top.
Also Brissett is likely gone after next year which means we won’t a forward on the roster developing for that spot in 2020.
This loss was huge we need Braswell or another body.
Depth is a big problem. Not just to play them but develop.

Playing guys 40 in the tournament is fine but playing guys 40 during the season will wear them down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom