Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

As a physician wouldn't you agree with this:

Aggravating factors for tendonitis include hyper-acidity. Acidity can foster the development of tendonitis and/or slow the healing process. Acidic foods tend to bind with alkaline substances like calcium and magnesium in the body, at which point they are eliminated to prevent tissue irritation.

In so doing, they remove from the bones and muscles some of the nutrients they need to stay healthy, making them more fragile and brittle.

A diet that fosters the accumulation of uric acid includes large quantities of caffeine, meat, processed foods (white flour, white sugar, artificial colours and additives), animal fat, dairy products, eggs, citrus fruits, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, alcohol, soft drinks and salt.

I maintain that someone from another country (like Africa) that is not used to the processed foods we consume here in the states can be more susceptible. That is what I'd be examining with Sidibe if I were his physician.***

Muscles and joints: Tendinitis there's ur source.

Idk doesn't seem super reputable. Mostly just trying to sell 'superfood'

Muscles and joints: Tendinitis there's ur source.

Idk doesn't seem super reputable. Mostly just trying to sell 'superfood'

I'd be more than happy to do battle right now with you about any medical topic. Yes as a naturopathic practitioner I study/utilize alternative sources. Ask any physician how much time they spend in medical school on diet/nutrition. The answer you'll get is next to nothing. I've also taught anatomy and physiology. The western model of medicine is an allopathic one, which means that it focuses on symptoms rather than root causes. All medical universities are funded by the pharmaceutical industry, and research is skewed.

That said, you can mock my source all you want. But I know what I'm writing. It's what's wrong with the medical system today. It's driven by the pharmaceutical industry that, lets face it, makes no money if they actually heal you.

Which brings me back to Sidibe. The surgery may very well be helpful. But neglecting root causes is very shortsighted. I'm not and have not said that the surgery on Sidibe was unnecessary, nor have I said that it won't work. I have said if I was his physician I'd be looking at other factors. And any competent medical doctor, if he's honest, would tell you the same thing.

I'd be more than happy to do battle right now with you about any medical topic. Yes as a naturopathic practitioner I study/utilize alternative sources. Ask any physician how much time they spend in medical school on diet/nutrition. The answer you'll get is next to nothing. I've also taught anatomy and physiology. The western model of medicine is an allopathic one, which means that it focuses on symptoms rather than root causes. All medical universities are funded by the pharmaceutical industry, and research is skewed.

That said, you can mock my source all you want. But I know what I'm writing. It's what's wrong with the medical system today. It's driven by the pharmaceutical industry that, lets face it, makes no money if they actually heal you.

Which brings me back to Sidibe. The surgery may very well be helpful. But neglecting root causes is very shortsighted. I'm not and have not said that the surgery on Sidibe was unnecessary, nor have I said that it won't work. I have said if I was his physician I'd be looking at other factors. And any competent medical doctor, if he's honest, would tell you the same thing.
That's fine. I don't know you; I have not reason not to believe you. It seems like you know way more about this stuff than I do (which is next to nothing). I was just pointing out that what you quoted came from a source that i didn't think seemed super reputable.

That's fine. I don't know you; I have not reason not to believe you. It seems like you know way more about this stuff than I do (which is next to nothing). I was just pointing out that what you quoted came from a source that i didn't think seemed super reputable.
How do you define what a reputable source is? You have to understand that modern western medicine is indeed funded by the pharmaceutical industry. The industry spends billions and trillions of dollars on squashing any kind of contributions from holistic healers. Why? Because we threaten their livelihood. What you think is a credible source, I may or may not. I look at the broader picture.

Do you really believe there is no connection between diet and health? Do you really believe that the Big Pharma is your ally? I'm here to tell you, it isn't what it's cracked up to be. When you follow the money... well lets just say that rabbit hole is deep.

But, kudos to you for finding the article I copied and pasted in a hurry because I was lazy, and didn't feel like explaining it, and the article did a good job.

How do you define what a reputable source is? You have to understand that modern western medicine is indeed funded by the pharmaceutical industry. The industry spends billions and trillions of dollars on squashing any kind of contributions from holistic healers. Why? Because we threaten their livelihood. What you think is a credible source, I may or may not. I look at the broader picture.

Do you really believe there is no connection to diet and health? Do you really believe that the Big Pharma is your ally? I'm here to tell you, it isn't what it's cracked up to be. When you follow the money... well lets just say that rabbit hole is deep.

But, kudos to you for finding the article I copied and pasted in a hurry because I was lazy, and didn't feel like explaining it, and the article did a good job.
good god dude come on

You've made some rather sweeping claims, coupled with assertions that are objectively inaccurate regarding medical research universities in the US. I'll reply to this thread tomorrow, and look forward to hearing your thesis on the biochemistry that could underpin development of acute tendinopathy given an acidic microenvironment.

A preamble: let's agree that we needn't discuss the virtue of pharma; we're debating the merits of a surgical intervention here, as opposed to something dietary, naturopathic, or pharmacologic.

Do you really believe there is no connection between diet and health? Do you really believe that the Big Pharma is your ally? I'm here to tell you, it isn't what it's cracked up to be. When you follow the money... well lets just say that rabbit hole is deep.

Addendum, in the wake of your serial invectives: do let's discuss the virtue of the pharma industry, and the vast body of defensible, reproducible data that's the bedrock of pharmacology. I look forward to a productive dialogue where each of us comes armed with facts, data or - at minimum - compelling logic.

You've made some rather sweeping claims, coupled with assertions that are objectively inaccurate regarding medical research universities in the US. I'll reply to this thread tomorrow, and look forward to hearing your thesis on the biochemistry that could underpin development of acute tendinopathy given an acidic microenvironment.

A preamble: let's agree that we needn't discuss the virtue of pharma; we're debating the merits of a surgical intervention here, as opposed to something dietary, naturopathic, or pharmacologic.
I do not agree to anything of the sort. You can't separate Pharma from the medical industry. Truth said, you'll always win such a debate because there are far more studies that support western medicine than holistic medicine. They'll never be funding (for example) on whether dandelion root can cure cancer because there's no money in it. My suggestion to you, is not to waste your time.
I value emergency medicine in the western model, it's top notch. However, if I was sick I'd be seeking a holistic doctor any day.

I piped in on Sidibe because I think examining his diet is worthwhile. I still do, and want what's best for him. I also did not question the merits of the surgery. I simply said that it's shortsighted to look at surgery as the only factor effecting treatment success.

Truth be told the medical industry deserves some criticism. There is a lot that's broken with it. I've worked in western medicine before switching to homeopathy. There is a place for both.

Side note: the origin of the word pharmacy is Greek and it meant witchcraft or poisoner. Don't believe me google it yourself. Hmmm...

Last edited:
I think it's good that the staff are looking at Carrigan. He's a tremendous shot blocker. He'd be a really nice anchor in the back of the zone. I'll leave a link below which speaks of his shot blocking prowess. Can't do much better defensively (of course that article is old).

But, the guy has his weaknesses too. He's not much of an offensive player. At his peak I believe he was ranked around 128-145. Let's not pretend that he's the next Anthony Davis. He is, however, a very very nice rebound if we can land him.

Could 6-9 Dimon Carrigan be the nation's best shotblocker?

Last edited:
I think it's good that the staff are looking at Carrigan. He's a tremendous shot blocker. He'd be a really nice anchor in the back of the zone. I'll leave a link below which speaks of his shot blocking prowess. Can't do much better defensively (of course that article is old).

But, the guy has his weaknesses too. He's not much of an offensive player. At his peak I believe he was ranked around 128-145. Let's not pretend that he's the next Anthony Davis. He is, however, a very very nice rebound if we can land him.

Could 6-9 Dimon Carrigan be the nation's best shotblocker?

I know you like to focus on rankings for whatever reason, but his AAU numbers were the same or better as Wahab and Igiehon's.

I know you like to focus on rankings for whatever reason, but his AAU numbers were the same or better as Wahab and Igiehon's.
I think he's a good catch. I didn't state otherwise. His defensive ability is first rate. Ratings, as you point out, are subjective, especially given that they are old.

Rankings don't really matter for a kid like Carrigan, as far as SU goes. If he commits here, it is because the coaching staff sees him as an elite shot blocker who can anchor the zone and backend of the press. His scoring potential (which is what most of the rankings focus on as the primary determinant) is not very relevant compared to what his initial use will be to JB. They view him as a Jeremy McNeil type who has a higher offensive upside in the long-term. Any offense they get from him early on would be gravy. Honestly watching his video, I think he's a perfect fit for SU and JB's system, and he would score out waaay higher than 128-145 if you're ranking based on system fit.

He seems to get off the ground much quicker than Wahab, IMO. Probably bodes well for the shot blocking aspect. He’s not a brute but not a beanpole either...tired of those. I really like him.

He seems to get off the ground much quicker than Wahab, IMO. Probably bodes well for the shot blocking aspect. He’s not a brute but not a beanpole either...tired of those. I really like him.
How would you feel about a Carrigan, Quincy, Goodine, Jones,class? I would sign up for that right now. There would be people that would bemoan no Stewart, no Girard, no Akok, but not me. I would love those guys but would be very happy with the class I just said. No B listers there.

How would you feel about a Carrigan, Quincy, Goodine, Jones,class? I would sign up for that right now. There would be people that would bemoan no Stewart, no Girard, no Akok, but not me. I would love those guys but would be very happy with the class I just said. No B listers there.

Yeah that would be fantastic. Realistic it seems.

Personally, if SU doesn’t sign two out of the three of Stewart, JG, or Akok it will be very disappointing. We’ve been on these three for a very long time. Losing Akok to any of his other finalists would be embarrassing.

That would be a excellent class! My only gripe would be losing out on akok. Not many people think we will land stew so that one is almost expected. JG3 would be nice to have but we have a solid group of guards without him and buddy is going to be very good. Akok is the perfect fit for our system and we have been on him for awhile and have made him a priority. We would be fine without him if we land the guys you mentioned but would still sting a bit...even more so if he ends up at the likes of Yukon or providence :vomit:

With that said, I'd sign up for a class of Carrigan, Goodine, Guerrier and Jones right now and be thrilled...that's some serious talent!

Agreed, that would be a great class, and I think that’s what it could realistically shape up as, unless we can get Akok instead of Jones. We’ve been on Akok a long time and it sounds like we’re among his top choices.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom