Class of 2023 - PF/C Drew Fielder (CA) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF/C Drew Fielder (CA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he wouldn't be visiting in the first place.
Not true, he goes to his visits and sits down with his family and they go over everything, what’s to say that Cooley flying out to see him isn’t a factor? I’m not saying it is, but it could be.

I agree that the situation is what it is, but that certainly doesn't mean that we have to accept it.

This is a performance-based profession.
I agree and will save my tongue-in-cheek optimism for the rest of the world/Internet next time. My point is and was that the conversation is a bit stale so, until JB retires or is unceremoniously removed, I’m hoping the program fails up.

It call a good guess that all no more you been wrong more then right so stop the self back patting I've seen you wrong way more then right so get off your high horse

Bad take to say the least. And who gave you a badge?

breakfast noise GIF

havent seen this guy play...but excited to see him in Orange...thats for sure!

EDIT - just watched his clips...and hell yeah!! effortless baller ...makes it look so easy...wow!! would be HUUUUGE to get him imo

havent seen this guy play...but excited to see him in Orange...thats for sure!

EDIT - just watched his clips...and hell yeah!! effortless baller ...makes it look so easy...wow!! would be HUUUUGE to get him imo

Not true, he goes to his visits and sits down with his family and they go over everything, what’s to say that Cooley flying out to see him isn’t a factor? I’m not saying it is, but it could be.
I'm saying your wrong. The logic is flawed. If he has a bug up his ... about JB not coming to see him personally, he wouldn't waste his time

I'm saying your wrong. The logic is flawed. If he has a bug up his ... about JB not coming to see him personally, he wouldn't waste his time

Doesn't make sense unless you are claiming that agreeing to a visit means that a HC not making a trip has no impact if you get a visit out of it. You want a kid to buy into coming to your program where you expect him to commit then you make every effort. Excusing a coach for not doing that makes zero sense. If you aren't going to make the trip when it's a critical recruit why spend the money hoping that alone is enough, despite competition going the extra step, to send an assistant then?

Perhaps, but he had his visit locked in with us. It’s not like it’s on his dime. But, after his visits are complete, it could be a tie break. One that we could easily dispel.

Perhaps, but he had his visit locked in with us. It’s not like it’s on his dime. But, after his visits are complete, it could be a tie break. One that we could easily dispel.
It's Syracuse, not Hawaii. You guys all sound like a bunch of masochists. You'd be so mad at a coach for not flying out to see you that you won't play for him, but you'll fly to the tourist hotbed of Syracuse NY to spend a weekend with a guy you can't stand. SMH.
The tortured logic to blame JB for a kid not coming to Syracuse in advance of the kid's decision is weird.
If the kid does chose SU, then we can assume that if he does go see a kid in person, that may cause him to lose a recruit.

Last edited:
It's Syracuse, not Hawaii. You guys all sound like a bunch of masochists. You'd be so made at a coach for not flying out to see you that you won't play for him, but you'll fly to the tourist hotbed of Syracuse NY to spend a weekend with a guy you can't stand. SMH.
The tortured logic to blame JB for a kid not coming to Syracuse in advance of the kid's decision is weird.
If the kid does chose SU, then we can assume that if he does go see a kid in person, that may cause him to lose a recruit.
Huh?

It call a good guess that all no more you been wrong more then right so stop the self back patting I've seen you wrong way more then right so get off your high horse
Actually, I haven't. The word you were trying for was called. Not call. And I never ever guess. Just so you know, I repeat what I am told my people that know. I, also am a Newhouse grad, and if you want, I will help you with putting together a sentence that others can understand.

Last edited:
No one is saying that Fielder or any other recruit is mad at JB for not visiting them. It's a process. It's just that a kid might feel more wanted at a school where the Head coach went out of his way to go see him rather than a school where the Head Coach waited until he showed up at his school. It doesn't have to be a big issue with the kid. Just something he notices. Like when Brey had his entire staff visit JJ when all we had was Red. Like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom