Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we say that when he played well when he was healthy and was hurt when he didn’t then yes.

I’m not saying he isn’t good or never will be, but when you have to name a guy who has done as much as Sidibe has as Gmacs prized recruiting get since 2012 then that’s really saying something.

Reminds me of my old sales team, I’d have 4 guys out there with big wins consistently and 1 guy holding onto a mid level account he sold as how great he was.

Hard to judge if you ask me. Autry and Hopkins were the only guys on the road for the most part until the last 2 years. I don't even think Gmac recruited when he first started. Comparing him to Hopkins or Autry would be like me comparing an employee I hired right out of college compared to someone who worked here 20 years. Let's see how he does this cycle. If he gets Akok along with Goodine that is a good haul.

I'm not going to cry about Osun. He might not even play if he comes and could get recruited over.

Wouldn't be surprised if he chooses Georgetown to be coached by Ewing. Probably attractive to young big men.

Wouldn't be surprised if he chooses Georgetown to be coached by Ewing. Probably attractive to young big men.

Was he even alive when Ewing played?

At this point I think it would be far more attractive to play for a hall of fame coach than hall of fame player.

Hard to judge if you ask me. Autry and Hopkins were the only guys on the road for the most part until the last 2 years. I don't even think Gmac recruited when he first started. Comparing him to Hopkins or Autry would be like me comparing an employee I hired right out of college compared to someone who worked here 20 years. Let's see how he does this cycle. If he gets Akok along with Goodine that is a good haul.

I'm not going to cry about Osun. He might not even play if he comes and could get recruited over.

Now we don't want him? Stop with the built in excuses . We should not loose this kid to the Bonnies and everyone knows that. If gmac can't close take him off of the road its as simple as that

Now we don't want him? Stop with the built in excuses . We should not loose this kid to the Bonnies and everyone knows that. If gmac can't close take him off of the road its as simple as that

Who's making excuses. Osun is a 3 star prospect with 2 guys in front of him here. Let's take a coach off the road who has our only 2019 commit. Real smart some of you are.

Who's making excuses. Osun is a 3 star prospect with 2 guys in front of him here. Let's take a coach off the road who has our only 2019 commit. Real smart some of you are.

Then we really shouldn't even be recruiting the kid then. Don't see the point of another Chinoso.

Mike Waters was just on the Manchild Show and he thinks it's down to SU and St. Bonaventure and not Georgetown because Omer Yurtseven transferred there. he said the kid was recruited by LaSalle before he "blew up" and is "better than LaSalle". I would think that means he's also better than the Bonnies but he still might go there if he wants to play immediately. Mike loves his athleticism and his hands. He said that our guards are hesitant to pass to our centers because they don't know if they can catch the ball but that won't be a problem with Osun. He also loves Braswell for his athleticism and his outside shooting, which is very impressive.

The interview is not here yet but likely will be at some point today:
Podcasts

Mike Waters was just on the Manchild Show and he thinks it's down to SU and St. Bonaventure and not Georgetown because Omer Yurtseven transferred there. he said the kid was recruited by LaSalle before he "blew up" and is "better than LaSalle". I would think that means he's also better than the Bonnies but he still might go there if he wants to play immediately. Mike loves his athleticism and his hands. He said that our guards are hesitant to pass to our centers because they don't know if they can catch the ball but that won't be a problem with Osun. He also loves Braswell for his athleticism and his outside shooting, which is very impressive.

The interview is not here yet but likely will be at some point today:
Podcasts

No way man! SU has so rarely even ATTEMPTED to make use of a low post option. Hop
used to have twitter Q&A sessions, and I asked him about this back when SU had Keita/Grant/Coleman,
and his response was "we need to be better at that." I think I witnessed one, that's O-N-E, pass
to the post from Keita to Dajuan, and it worked. SU did this with Christmas, but they've ignored
feeding guys for so long I wouldn't be surprised if this had a direct correlation with SU not being
able to reasonably recruit/sign any reasonably highly rated post prospect, let alone someone like
Mo Brown, who SU should've at least gotten in the door with.

I wish they'd add this aspect to their offense, if only to take the pressure off the ballhandlers to
have to create something every time down the court. Run a post play with Brissette, anyone,
please.

Kev

No way man! SU has so rarely even ATTEMPTED to make use of a low post option. Hop
used to have twitter Q&A sessions, and I asked him about this back when SU had Keita/Grant/Coleman,
and his response was "we need to be better at that." I think I witnessed one, that's O-N-E, pass
to the post from Keita to Dajuan, and it worked. SU did this with Christmas, but they've ignored
feeding guys for so long I wouldn't be surprised if this had a direct correlation with SU not being
able to reasonably recruit/sign any reasonably highly rated post prospect, let alone someone like

I wish they'd add this aspect to their offense, if only to take the pressure off the ballhandlers to
have to create something every time down the court. Run a post play with Brissette, anyone,
please.

Kev

Agreed. Good stuff.

You mean like Christmas, Melo, and Coleman?

please.

Kev
Dumping the ball into the post and having the big shoot is one of the least efficient plays in basketball.

Then we really shouldn't even be recruiting the kid then. Don't see the point of another Chinoso.
That was also part of my stance. They play it from both sides. First the guy is a gem, a late bloomer, a diamond in the rough, etc. Now Osun is a benchwarmer. It's comical.

That was also part of my stance. They play it from both sides. First the guy is a gem, a late bloomer, a diamond in the rough, etc. Now Osun is a benchwarmer. It's comical.

What's comical is you railing against "they."

"You people" posts are the least productive discussions on this forum. Not sure why some feel the need to ring that bell. Constantly.

It is what it is.

Let’s discuss what “it is” since you seem to have a handle on the inner workings of SU recruiting. I have a few questions for you. Understand though that none of these questions are intended to take away anything from Autry or Griff, who I feel are both very good coaches and recruiters.

1. Why does it “seem” that Gmac is on so many more recruits than the other coaches?

2. Why does it “seem” like many of our high profile recruits, or at least ones discussed more here, are Gmacs recruits?

3. Why do we hear and/or talk about Gmacs recruits that don’t come here so much more than other recruits? Or are Autry and Griff almost 100% in commitments of their recruits?

4. Do you know how many years Gmac has been an on the road recruiter?

5. Once a coach identifies a player, gets JBs concurrence to recruit and offer and gets them on campus to visit, who’s responsible for laying out the teams plans for the recruit and sell them the program and “close”.

JB is stupid is not an answer.

Gmac recruited him for about 3 weeks and he doesn’t close the deal. You’re welcome to answer the questions I just asked kcsu too.

Did gmac really recruit goodine? He really didn’t have to go too hard because he already loved Syracuse and wanted to come here. What was it his uncle or something that was pushing him to play at Syracuse too? So throw that “recruitment” out the window.

Did gmac really recruit goodine? He really didn’t have to go too hard because he already loved Syracuse and wanted to come here. What was it his uncle or something that was pushing him to play at Syracuse too? So throw that “recruitment” out the window.
Are you saying we were his "dream" school?

That's how the recruiting board works.
We're on the guy, he's everything you want out of a player.

Other teams start looking or getting the upper hand we justify why he's no good.

We lose him, he sucks.

We get him, he's back being the missing piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom