Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was not going to play this year. Now that Braswell signed, Marek could play a little center in a pinch. He would have red shirted and I assume he didn't want to do that.

Not true at all. He would have played a solid role next year and a significant role the following. We lost a recruit that we wanted to the Bonnies which regardless of how this board tries to justify it isn't good.
lol 185 pound center. And Jb is known for how much he plays his 3rd team center. The kid knew he wasn't going to play next year and was worried about being recruited over next year. . That is the fact. Not just someone's opinion. G town lost him as well. What does that tell you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't you scream and yell about Griffin not closing Bazley and not knowing he wanted to go to the G league.

Why isn't Griffin involved with any prospects compared to GMAC? Does that bother you as much?[/QUO

Quade Green need i say anymore? This is a results based business, no participation trophies for second place

Read the post standard article. Gmac loved his potential and i think he knows talent. The minute he could offer he did. It is obvious we wanted this kid more than just a little. I have no idea why we didnt close him but i do think we really wanted him and that he would have played.
I have read the article. Still trying to figure out how you knew he would contribute next year? Also i thought you wanted Gmac removed from recruiting?

Read the post standard article. Gmac loved his potential and i think he knows talent. The minute he could offer he did. It is obvious we wanted this kid more than just a little. I have no idea why we didnt close him but i do think we really wanted him and that he would have played.

Us wanting a kid doesn't necessarily mean he would have played next year.

I have read the article. Still trying to figure out how you knew he would contribute next year? Also i thought you wanted Gmac removed from recruiting?
I dont want Gmac removed from anything. I want him to succeed but it seems apparent that for whatever reason he is not able to close at a high level. I assume it in large part had to do with sanctions, the whole JB hop issue and dirty pool. At this point with those issues behind us and with many openings after next season i would expect him and the entire staff to have great results for 19. If not then we most definitely have a problem that needs to be addressed.

Exactly Griffin hasn't recruited anyone. It's just interesting to me that Gmac get's all the heat. It's exactly like when he played when he put up similar numbers as Battle this year and people thought he was trash, yet Battle is Michael Jordan to some on the board.

He was not going to play this year. Now that Braswell signed, Marek could play a little center in a pinch. He would have red shirted and I assume he didn't want to do that.
He wouldn't have if Chukwu & Bourama are perfectly healthy and can play. He'd still see a few minutes here and there and sit out the conference games. That said, the bright spot of landing him would be as an emergency 3rd C in 2018, back-up to Bourama in 2019/20, and starter as a senior. He would get valuable experience as a frosh and hit the ground running in -19.

Oh well. Time to land a 2019 C and put this thread to bed.

It's just interesting to me that Gmac get's all the heat.
I think most of it is that Gmac gets a whole lot of helium from people close to the program and to anyone outside of the bubble looking in - there's not much tangible. There's an air of nepotism around him. He's been a longtime favorite of JAB, but hasn't done much visible that warrants such significant praise (to the point where he gets whispered about as a possible successor to JAB).

Exactly Griffin hasn't recruited anyone. It's just interesting to me that Gmac get's all the heat. It's exactly like when he played when he put up similar numbers as Battle this year and people thought he was trash, yet Battle is Michael Jordan to some on the board.

Braswell?

I think most of it is that Gmac gets a whole lot of helium from people close to the program and to anyone outside of the bubble looking in - there's not much tangible. There's an air of nepotism around him. He's been a longtime favorite of JAB, but hasn't done much visible that warrants such significant praise (to the point where he gets whispered about as a possible successor to JAB).

I just want KCSU to answer my questions instead of continuously dodging them.

Wasn't Griffin identified as the lead recruiter for Bazely. Don't get why our assistants are being singled out for their recruiting short comings. Boeheim is the closer, final responsibility to closing on a recruit goes to the head coach...

Wasn't Griffin identified as the lead recruiter for Bazely. Don't get why our assistants are being singled out for their recruiting short comings. Boeheim is the closer, final responsibility to closing on a recruit goes to the head coach...

Exactly. That was my point. If Gmac had recruited Bazley instead of Griffin the board would have the pitch forks out after he declared for the G League.

Not all of them, just Gmac, for reasons.

He wouldn't have if Chukwu & Bourama are perfectly healthy and can play. He'd still see a few minutes here and there and sit out the conference games. That said, the bright spot of landing him would be as an emergency 3rd C in 2018, back-up to Bourama in 2019/20, and starter as a senior. He would get valuable experience as a frosh and hit the ground running in -19.

Oh well. Time to land a 2019 C and put this thread to bed.
I agree with that assessment. If we were going to get a guy that fits that description, I would rather he be a 7' plus shot blocker type. That makes the zone very difficult and the coach's don't need to teach much there.

Osunnyi recruiting thread to be locked in 3...2...1...

Just my two cents, but I think it would be far more productive to put all our efforts into getting a BIG TIME center for 2019. We swung and missed in 2018 with big guys. It shouldn't happen. It stinks, but it is what it is. Playing time will not be an issue in 2019, so if we whiff again, and don't land on a 4-5 star big guy next class, IMO there will be some explaining to do.

Of our roster of 10+ guys, Gmac has brought one in.

Who's the "+"? And it's certainly not GMacs fault that Moyer left. And how many kids on the roster were Hop guys?

Griff has been an assistant for multiple programs. We know he has a body of work. The question for you is has GMAC earned his spot ?

Last edited:
Its amazing a few people don't get that recruiting is a 2 way street. We have needs, identify them and go after them. That's what we did with OO for 3-4 weeks. OO has needs or desires and criteria also. Look at his recruiting timeline. He commits to LaSalle. Their coaching staff convinces him he needs a prep year. So he goes to prep for a year. After prep school he remains committed to LaSalle. The LaSalle staff gets let go. OO stills wants to stay at LaSalle, but according to his prep coach things didn't "work out", whatever that means. So he opens his recruitment. He has SB, SU, GTown, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh and one other wanting him. He chose SB. Why? Even if he didn't like SU, why didn't he even give Pitt or VT the time of day? If you haven't talked with him then you're making the assumption his criterion doesn't mean anything. What if HIS criteria was immediate PT? What does JB say to him when they meet to discuss HIS criteria? Maybe his teammate recently committing to LaSalle also played a role? Some of you think all we need to do is snap our fingers and disregard what is in the players head.

Status
Not open for further replies.