Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has turned into a sh1tshow...losing a kid to a smaller or step below the blue bloods school happens more often than you think

look at the top 20 of 18..Wake Forest, 2 Oregon, LSU, Nevada, Maryland, 2 Vanderbilt and Indiana...all chose schools a tier or two below the big time schools..

If we lose this kid, we're going to be OK..he may choose Gtown or Bonnies due to playing time..that is COMPLETELY COMMON...we're in a new era where scoial media and 94054395 sport shows will get you recognition..he may not want to wait in the wings, can't blame him if he doesnt.

Seriously, the people saying we're a bubble team without this kid...should REALLY step away from the board and take a breathe

This thread has turned into a sh1tshow...losing a kid to a smaller or step below the blue bloods school happens more often than you think

look at the top 20 of 18..Wake Forest, 2 Oregon, LSU, Nevada, Maryland, 2 Vanderbilt and Indiana...all chose schools a tier or two below the big time schools..

If we lose this kid, we're going to be OK..he may choose Gtown or Bonnies due to playing time..that is COMPLETELY COMMON...we're in a new era where scoial media and 94054395 sport shows will get you recognition..he may not want to wait in the wings, can't blame him if he doesnt.

Seriously, the people saying we're a bubble team without this kid...should REALLY step away from the board and take a breathe

Think the point your missing is this. Can you say that your comfortable with the bigs on the roster? How long has it been since we had a post game?

Think the point your missing is this. Can you say that your comfortable with the bigs on the roster? How long has it been since we had a post game?

You honestly believe that JB is going to give this kid the ball in the post year 1? even year 2? This kid isn't going to change that.
You guys are unleashing your anger of the program problems on misses on certain players in recruiting.

Mike Waters was just on the Manchild Show and he thinks it's down to SU and St. Bonaventure and not Georgetown because Omer Yurtseven transferred there. he said the kid was recruited by LaSalle before he "blew up" and is "better than LaSalle". I would think that means he's also better than the Bonnies but he still might go there if he wants to play immediately. Mike loves his athleticism and his hands. He said that our guards are hesitant to pass to our centers because they don't know if they can catch the ball but that won't be a problem with Osun. He also loves Braswell for his athleticism and his outside shooting, which is very impressive.

The interview is not here yet but likely will be at some point today:
Podcasts
It seems pretty likely that he’s going to choose Cuse. Gtown has Govan and Yurtseven at center the following year. Why all this St Bonaventure hand-wringing? They’re a mid-major. Why do some people think he’s going to choose them?

Last edited:
No one heard of Osun until a couple of weeks ago and now it would be a big loss if we don't get him. Too funny.
Read my post. Said it's no big deal but it's still a loss.

Read my post. Said it's no big deal but it's still a loss.
Not just you. This idea that if we lose this kid, that no one here had ever heard of before two weeks ago, to the Bonnies, is a big loss is ridiculous. I hope the kid comes here. If he doesn't, I won't give it a second thought.

You honestly believe that JB is going to give this kid the ball in the post year 1? even year 2? This kid isn't going to change that.
You guys are unleashing your anger of the program problems on misses on certain players in recruiting.

Did not say that, what I did say is that we get mauled in the paint every year

No way man! SU has so rarely even ATTEMPTED to make use of a low post option. Hop
used to have twitter Q&A sessions, and I asked him about this back when SU had Keita/Grant/Coleman,
and his response was "we need to be better at that." I think I witnessed one, that's O-N-E, pass
to the post from Keita to Dajuan, and it worked. SU did this with Christmas, but they've ignored
feeding guys for so long I wouldn't be surprised if this had a direct correlation with SU not being
able to reasonably recruit/sign any reasonably highly rated post prospect, let alone someone like
Mo Brown, who SU should've at least gotten in the door with.

I wish they'd add this aspect to their offense, if only to take the pressure off the ballhandlers to
have to create something every time down the court. Run a post play with Brissette, anyone,
please.

Kev
This isn’t true at all. Keita wasn’t a low post threat—ever. He could barely even catch the ball. When we have the low-post horses like Rak, Arinze and Jackson, we feed the post. Taurean was pretty good in the low post as a freshman but his minutes were somewhat limited by his bad defense. He could also hit the mid range jumper so we played him in the high post as well. JB understands playing the percentages better than anyone. It makes no sense to feed the post if you don’t have guys that can post up and score or pass out of it. Coleman was developing a low post game but his knee injuries derailed his development.

Writing is on the wall. 99.9% he ain't coming.
How is “the writing on the wall”? What’s making people think he’s not coming to Cuse?

How is “the writing on the wall”? What’s making people think he’s not coming to Cuse?

I think that a lot of it had to do with the info circulating that SBU had hired the assistant coach from LaSalle that recruited him. We've seen some contradictory information now that this might not be true.

If it isn't, I think we have a good shot regardless of some prognostications suggesting otherwise.

Did not say that, what I did say is that we get mauled in the paint every year

You said I was missing the point on not having bigs in the post...which you were directly related to missing OO..so what is it? OO would fix that or wouldn't? You're just complaining just to complain?

Not just you. This idea that if we lose this kid, that no one here had ever heard of before two weeks ago, to the Bonnies, is a big loss is ridiculous. I hope the kid comes here. If he doesn't, I won't give it a second thought.

I don’t disagree with what you wrote at all. But as of now it looks like this was a level playing field since his release and we’ve been on him as long as the Bonnie’s have. It’s still a loss, and if he isn’t that great why are we even bothering and why all the hype before his release and after he got released?

It seems like all the downplaying on this kid seemed to start when he didn’t seem like a lock to the Cuse.

Or anywhere?
I honestly can't. I graduated from SBU and usually see my college buddies post their annoying on their FB pages and havent seen a lick. I also see no posts on the bonnies official FB page which they usually do for a new member of the staff. I just googled too and came up with nothing...could be in the works but nothing official

That's just frigging crazy! I mean on the bubble, really? Now, saying we may be 'on the fence' well, that's a horse of a different color. ;):)

I don’t disagree with what you wrote at all. But as of now it looks like this was a level playing field since his release and we’ve been on him as long as the Bonnie’s have. It’s still a loss, and if he isn’t that great why are we even bothering and why all the hype before his release and after he got released?

It seems like all the downplaying on this kid seemed to start when he didn’t seem like a lock to the Cuse.
It actually isn't a level playing field. I have heard that they were on the kid before they should have been.

No one heard of Osun until a couple of weeks ago and now it would be a big loss if we don't get him. Too funny.

It will be the death knell of the program and should result in GMAC losing his job. I can’t decide which perspective is more looney tunes? The idea that OO’s decision is of such great importance or that SU takes this sort of short term, what have you done for me lately, approach to evaluating the program and it’s coaches.

"Downplaying" is certainly over-stating it.

I've seen people suggest that it isn't a make or break, that he might not play a ton year 1 if Chukwu / Sidibe are healthy, and stuff of that nature. That's different than downplaying his capabilities.

I think that a lot of it had to do with the info circulating that SBU had hired the assistant coach from LaSalle that recruited him. We've seen some contradictory information now that this might not be true.

If it isn't, I think we have a good shot regardless of some prognostications suggesting otherwise.

Unless of course he reads this thread, then he won’t be able to get far enough away fast enough.

It will be the death knell of the program and should result in GMAC losing his job. I can’t decide which perspective is more looney tunes? The idea that OO’s decision is of such great importance or that SU takes this sort of short term, what have you done for me lately, approach to evaluating the program and it’s coaches.
I wasn't going to bring this up but the Orange are considering calling off the season if this doesn't go our way. Braswell only delayed this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.