Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we assuming that St. Bonnies tweet is valid?
I would assume. Not that the crack ball is always right but it’s 100% for the Bonnie’s with 5 predictions. McAllister flipped to the Bonnie’s today.

I know there are a lot of apologists on here and there are many reasons why a kid would chose one school over another...

But losing a recruit to St. Bonaventure that we wanted -- and make no mistake, we wanted this one -- is an absolute travesty.

That is all.

I know there are a lot of apologists on here and there are many reasons why a kid would chose one school over another...

But losing a recruit to St. Bonaventure that we wanted -- and make no mistake, we wanted this one -- is an absolute travesty.

That is all.

You're leaving out the parts that we've only been "recruiting" him for like :15 whole minutes now, whereas the coach now at St Bonnie's was the same guy who recruited him to Lasalle.
And that he'd be the 3rd string C here next year, vs maybe having a chance for a lot more PT there right away.

IF we'd been on this guy for months, or years, and then lost him to the Bonnies, then yeah - that would leave a mark.
But in this instance, he was a nice insurance policy to have, which we now won't have.

We didn't know this kid even existed a month ago.

This guy looks like just a fan -- why should we put any stock in what he has to say?

Not suggesting that the prediction will end up being wrong, just that this guy doesn't appear to be a sports writer or anybody who would be in the know.
He runs a large fan page on Facebook that includes several former players, etc. He definitely has some connections. I know someone close to him and tried to get info if the post was on a hunch or something more but I didn't get anything solid.

And if we do lose out on him, I don't think the staff ends to add a player for this class

This kid is not coming here. Period. It is a done deal.

That is all.

What if the number one criteria for him was immediate playing time? What if he is excited about playing with his team mate? I don’t think any of us are inside his head. If the number one criteria was playing on the better team against the better comp, then yea he’d choose us.

You're leaving out the parts that we've only been "recruiting" him for like :15 whole minutes now, whereas the coach now at St Bonnie's was the same guy who recruited him to Lasalle.
And that he'd be the 3rd string C here next year, vs maybe having a chance for a lot more PT there right away.

IF we'd been on this guy for months, or years, and then lost him to the Bonnies, then yeah - that would leave a mark.
But in this instance, he was a nice insurance policy to have, which we now won't have.

We didn't know this kid even existed a month ago.

A) There has been no announcement about coach at Bona being hired.

B) Bonaventure was recruiting him the exact same amount of time that we were.

C) All true. Wasn't it also true that Jordan Tucker chose to go to Duke over Syracuse in the exact opposite situation as Osun? I know we are not Duke, but I would like to think we are Duke compared to St. Bonaventure.

Maybe I overvalue Syracuse. Who knows.

Although it should never bother me , it does sometimes does bother me when players don’t choose Syracuse for whatever reason. This one does not bother me. We often say something is wrong , so and so can’t recruit , etc. I don’t think that applies in this case. No inside info. Just have that feeling. Would love to have had him pick cuse. This does not mean I’m not concerned about center depth this year. Two different things.

What if the number one criteria for him was immediate playing time? What if he is excited about playing with his team mate? I don’t think any of us are inside his head. If the number one criteria was playing on the better team against the better comp, then yea he’d choose us.

Man you have a lot of nerve Bees to suggest that one's personal feelings and interests may play a role in such a personal decision. This is black and white. An unmitigated disaster for the entire basketball program.

Cuse had virtually no time to show this kid love. He has no long term ties to our coaches or players. The premise of being young and alone suddenly thrust onto a stage as big as Cuse could be overwhelming with little time to digest it. Versus going to play with a buddy and familiar coach. This depends on his personality and temperament. I’m ok with the loss if it happens

That is all.
You are wrong. This kid is going to St Bonnie and in his mind, a good choice. He is going to the Bonnies because he is looking at not just playing time next year, he knows he will be 3rd string here. But he is very much aware of who we are recruiting next year. He is worried that he is not just behind Sid but he will be behind next years big. A valid concern. No amount of pounding the table is going to chase aware those concerns.

Would be a nice pick up, but if it is the Bonnies I'm sure the sky will stay put!!

Remember everyone, if you have any kind of perspective at all on this then you are ‘an apologist.’ What an absolute joke.

Meanwhile, I heard he was all cuse right up until Gerry showed him that Engineering Catastrophes show about the Carrier Dome and he just could stomach the risk.

A) There has been no announcement about coach at Bona being hired.

B) Bonaventure was recruiting him the exact same amount of time that we were.

C) All true. Wasn't it also true that Jordan Tucker chose to go to Duke over Syracuse in the exact opposite situation as Osun? I know we are not Duke, but I would like to think we are Duke compared to St. Bonaventure.

Maybe I overvalue Syracuse. Who knows.
Jordan Tucker and Osun Osunniyi are not the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.