Class of 2018 - PF/C Valdir Manuel (NJ) Flipped from Seton Hall to St Josephs to JUCO to St Johns to ... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Valdir Manuel (NJ) Flipped from Seton Hall to St Josephs to JUCO to St Johns to ...

Hmmm. Sudden decision-making in recruiting is rarely a good sign.
How many openings does Illinois have? Maybe he wants commit there before his teammate does.

Seems like wishful thinking.
Not really -- not making any prediction, just pointing out that it isn't inconceivable, and that there are factors that might work in our favor.

Howard
Battle
Washington
Hughes
Brissett
Dolezaj
Moyer
Chukwu
Sidibe

Carey
Bazley

That's 11. We're allowed 12.
So, we're taking away Bayer's ride if someone commits. I get it, but that sucks.

So, we're taking away Bayer's ride if someone commits. I get it, but that sucks.

Bayer is riding off into the sunset.

http://cuse.com/news/2018/3/2/mens-basketball-orange-host-clemson-on-senior-day.

030317_MBBvsDuke_AlexandraMoreo_SSP-110.jpg

Why would a recruit commit to a school he hasn't visited?
I was saying that since the tweet was deleted, that was good for SU.

I agree he is unlikely to commit without visiting.

Why would a recruit commit to a school he hasn't visited?

Different sport - but I have two girls that have committed and deposited from out of state that have never visited the campus. Sometimes, when you know - you know.

I'd have to imagine that this run and the publicity we've gotten sure doesn't hurt our cause. We'll find out Thursday.
i dunno. this run is great for us because we bleed orange . . .

but if you are a kid who came of age in the era of the spurs, warriors and rockets and dream of playing in the modern nba . . . our games have been brutal to watch. anyone who loves free flowing basketball and isn't already on board may well be repelled by what they are witnessing

but if you are a kid who came of age in the era of the spurs, warriors and rockets and dream of playing in the modern nba . . . our games have been brutal to watch. anyone who loves free flowing basketball and isn't already on board may well be repelled by what they are witnessing

Maybe. But I think most kids who aren't elite / blue chip recruits are looking for schools that win, where they can be on TV a lot, where they perceive that they can get PT, where they'll have fun, etc.

Seemed like his decision to announce [which may have changed, given that he's deleted that tweet] was impulsive, so it's possible that the timing worked in our favor given that we're the only team still playing out of his top 4.

that's fair feedback, i take back the "desperation" comment and i understand and totally agree we need depth, BUT

we have struggled big-time with big men that need work, example the young man who played w/ Bryant in Rochester

Immoni, u seem to be all over the HS games, did you watch 2018 National Prep Championship Putnam Science vs. NMH 3-8-18?
What do you think of #34 on PS? again i only watch this 1 game, but WOW was he good.

Rankings and Stars after the top 25 kids is a guessing game, maybe after top 15, if you look at the top 100 kids from 2010 to 2017, very few players made a big impact.

re Vlad vs. Vladir, are you telling me just as an FYI or? Why else would i have made a typo? The staff likes VLADIR , they want him and it has no impact on recruiting for 19, we need 2 big men out of 18 and 19 minimum.

This kid isn't comparable to Obokoh. Obokoh was a project. This kid is facing top notch competition and producing, and he has a developed skill set.

This kid isn't comparable to Obokoh. Obokoh was a project. This kid is facing top notch competition and producing, and he has a developed skill set.
Obokoh is the new Seann Williams

Focus on the victory celebration. That is what kids see.

I don't think any kid watches us play and thinks "Hey, I don't want to be on a team that went to the Final 4 two years ago and is back to, at least, the Sweet 16 this year while getting a player drafted every season along with a grad transfer also getting minutes for an NBA team".

Different sport - but I have two girls that have committed and deposited from out of state that have never visited the campus. Sometimes, when you know - you know.

Happens a TON in tennis/golf. Not so much in basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom