Class of 2018 - PF/C Valdir Manuel (NJ) Flipped from Seton Hall to St Josephs to JUCO to St Johns to ... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Valdir Manuel (NJ) Flipped from Seton Hall to St Josephs to JUCO to St Johns to ...

This means you think Carey is a one and done? Interesting.
With the current landscape of the college game, and unless the one and done rule gets changed...I have pretty much just accepted that any recruit we get in the top 100 may be gone.

This means you think Carey is a one and done? Interesting.
Hope not but if you read what Jalen is saying, and even JB, it seems likely. I think when building your roster, you have to plan for these kinds of things and hope for a pleasant surprise or two.

Hope not but if you read what Jalen is saying, and even JB, it seems likely. I think when building your roster, you have to plan for these kinds of things and hope for a pleasant surprise or two.

If Carey is good enough to start next year (and I think he may be), then he could be one and done. But if Hughes winds up playing more than him at the 2, Carey’s road to the NBA could be slowed.

I don’t know how he’d commit to us without visiting. Seton Hall or Illinois? Illinois is going after his teammate, another big, as I posted.

I don’t know how he’d commit to us without visiting. Seton Hall or Illinois? Illinois is going after his teammate, another big, as I posted.

Exactly whats given me pause now

Manuel said he’s in no rush. Acted like he wasn’t going to decide for a while, then announces out of the blue he’s announcing his commitment on Thursday.

Manuel said he’s in no rush. Acted like he wasn’t going to decide for a while, then announces out of the blue he’s announcing his commitment on Thursday.
Hmmm. Sudden decision-making in recruiting is rarely a good sign.

Why would a recruit commit to a school he hasn't visited?

Because he likes us better than the other options?

Proximity to home?

And because maybe our postseason success / momentum is influencing his choice?

Last edited:
Because he likes us better than the other options?

And because maybe our postseason success / momentum is influencing his choice?

Seems like wishful thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom