Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

“The staff wants to get back to the tradition Syracuse has had in the past,” he said. “They told me they will be dropping out of the zone and we’ll see more man principles. This style of play fits me perfectly because I get to show my athleticism, agility and things like that. No knock on the zone but man will help me showcase my game better.”

Glad somebody was blunt enough to say it!

crop

WAY TO GO RED!

Glad somebody was blunt enough to say it!
I wonder how JB feels about a quote like that. It had to be said and it's damaging to his regime. I too am glad a big recruit said it.

I cringe at thinking how much all zone lost recruits over the last decade lol. Welcome Donnie! Great job by staff
me too...no desire to diss JB now that he's gone...

but with the way recruits are now flocking back to the Orange, seems pretty clear there was a mismatch in what the program wanted to do and what recruits were/are looking for...

the "system", as JB ran it, got pretty frustrating towards the end of his tenure...even if only because it kept talent away from the team...(and that wasnt all, either)

Congratulations to the Freemans, the coaches, and the fans. Sustained hope requires days like today. Now it's your turn, Mr. McLeod. Another day or two like today and we can hope to be competitive sooner than later...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom