Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Obviously still have this season and hope this season finishes strong and we make the tourney as we are starting to play strong basketball. But hard not to think of what can be next year…I really don’t think people realize just how good this kid is

Starling
Westry (hopefully fully healthy)
Freeman
Maliq
(Transfer center)

Bench:
Copeland
Benny
Moore
Cuffe
McLeod
Patterson
Bell?
(Transfer wing)

Moving on:
Mintz
Carey
Taylor
Hima
Q has earned the right to start

I think the core of the team next year is: Starling, Brown, Copeland, Westry(if healthy) returning with the freshman Freeman and Moore.

I think Bell, Williams, Cuffe and 1 Center (McCleod/Patterson/Carey) could all be useful down the rotation.

I feel we will need more than that to compete at the highest level.

IMG_2124.jpeg

I think the core of the team next year is: Starling, Brown, Copeland, Westry(if healthy) returning with the freshman Freeman and Moore.

I think Bell, Williams, Cuffe and 1 Center (McCleod/Patterson/Carey) could all be useful down the rotation.

I feel we will need more than that to compete at the highest level.
If Westry isn't healthy next year we need to move on from him. In fact we should actively seek through the portal a replacement guard in case Westry still has issues. We can't go on the probability of him coming back healthy and then get caught in a bind. Been there done that.

If Westry isn't healthy next year we need to move on from him. In fact we should actively seek through the portal a replacement guard in case Westry still has issues. We can't go on the probability of him coming back healthy and then get caught in a bind. Been there done that.
Starling, Brown, Copeland, Bell, Taylor, Cuffe, McLeod, Patterson, Freeman and Moore.

Guard from the portal as back up plan for Westry and for Judah leaving. Stretch PF/C who can play away from the basket (Estrella?).

Williams needs a new/fresh start and Casey should go to a lesser conference.

Taylor will be better with Freeman's arrival and will not have to play out of position. Patterson will not redshirt but is still not ready and should get garbage and emergency minutes.

I think there should be a back up plan/player even if he is healthy. I was just saying a healthy Westry is in the rotation.

Love this...
We have a burgerboy!
That kid has probably the widest shoulders we've had in a HS forward recruit in maybe ever. Not a beanpole. Rakeem maaaaybe, but he wasn't that big his freshman season.

GD1e5dvWwAEZHkz

That kid has probably the widest shoulders we've had in a HS forward recruit in maybe ever. Not a beanpole. Rakeem maaaaybe, but he wasn't that big his freshman season.

GD1e5dvWwAEZHkz
Who dat?

It appears to be Darius Acuff PG for IMG
My mistake. It was a listed as a picture of Freeman. I just noticed the different number. Freeman has almost the exact same hairstyle in his Tipton edit I quoted.

Anyway. Freeman is built too. IMG has their guys working out. That’s a good thing.

What do people think of Freeman wearing #44? It seemed like that was going to be the number our multi-talented bad@$$ power forwards would wear, but nobody has worn it since Wallace (I know we gave it to Walton but he never played for us). Could #44 become a basketball tradition and recruiting tool like lacrosse #22?

He is, and I'm totally gonna ask Biancardi about it :)
Hey, when do you think you'll get to ask Biancardi? Not sure how Moore could be missed while playing the past few years on good teams with and against players who are highly scouted.

Hey, when do you think you'll get to ask Biancardi? Not sure how Moore could be missed while playing the past few years on good teams with and against players who are highly scouted.
Biancardi spends his time at Nike events. He went to the Addidas event for one day when Moore didn't have that good a game. That is it in a nutshell.

Been meaning to send him a text this week, I will soon. And I agree with Dasher - I think part of the "issue" is likely that he just hasn't seen Elijah all that much...it's why I take these rankings with a grain of salt sometimes...Paul said multiple times lately he was super high on Donnie, who he has seen more, and Donnie got a 5th star this week via ESPN.

Biancardi on ACCPM regarding Freeman: “more of a prospect than a player right now” . Uh oh. Do we need to temper our expectations of Donnie?