Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Freeman is a serious talent. I love his game, and in my opinion he's a clear one and done. Like most high school juniors, needs to get a bit stronger, but he's got an NBA frame.

After the Benny miscalculation, can we put a moratorium on declaring a guy we are recruiting as a 1 and done before even stepping on campus?
your point is well taken. But I don’t think anybody who was really following closely thought Benny would be a one and done. If you look at the film of Benny in high school compared to Freeman in high school one is a very nice high school player and one is a manchild. I honestly haven’t been this impressed with a prospect’s tape on this board since somebody posted Jarace Walker’s high school film.

your point is well taken. But I don’t think anybody who was really following closely thought Benny would be a one and done. If you look at the film of Benny in high school compared to Freeman in high school one is a very nice high school player and one is a manchild. I honestly haven’t been this impressed with a prospect’s tape on this board since somebody posted Jarace Walker’s high school film.
There was a thread on the main board comparing him to Melo before he played a game….it was pure comedy gold.

I was high on Benny coming out of high school because he could score at all three levels. And, his turning jump shot was unguardable. But, his jump shot flattened out and his head got all messed up. But, comparing him to Melo is insane.

After the Benny miscalculation, can we put a moratorium on declaring a guy we are recruiting as a 1 and done before even stepping on campus?
I get what you're saying...but to me Benny's high school tape showed potential, but a lot of rawness. Aside from their ranking, I see little to no similarities between Benny and Donnie

There was a thread on the main board comparing him to Melo before he played a game….it was pure comedy gold.
No freshman should ever be compared to Carmelo Anthony ex ante winning the national title as a freshman. It's just too much.

Williams's head got in the way, JB was too busy stomping around in there. I suspect things will settle down for him, with experience and a coaching change.

Wait! Wasn't somebody just comparing Donnie Freeman to Derek Coleman? In this thread?

I get what you're saying...but to me Benny's high school tape showed potential, but a lot of rawness. Aside from their ranking, I see little to no similarities between Benny and Donnie
Raw? I thought people said skilled, smooth, polished?

No freshman should ever be compared to Carmelo Anthony ex ante winning the national title as a freshman. It's just too much.

Williams's head got in the way, JB was too busy stomping around in there. I suspect things will settle down for him, with experience and a coaching change.

Wait! Wasn't somebody just comparing Donnie Freeman to Derek Coleman? In this thread?
As long as it was Derek, that’s reasonable .:);)

As long as it was Derek, that’s reasonable .:);)
Ha, good point... My name is Derek, too. I forgot that he spelled his weirdly with too many letters in odd places.

Just a poor man's DC, I think was the take, so I guess that's okay - but kinda weird in itself. :confused:

So, let's see how long it takes to get an official from Donnie ...

Gotta think that SU has an excellent shot to prevail with Donnie, particularly given the new assistant coach plus Red's D.C. recruiting ties. My sense is that the biggest threats are 'Bama and Texas, but maybe now it's just Texas ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom