Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

havent seen him play...was just curious.

Sounds like he wont be ready for a few years minimum though...curious that NBA teams are cool with that.
Most NBA franchises have smartly realized that the typical 1st or 2nd round NBA contract is so low relative to the production the player provides over the life of that contract, even if the production is little, that it's not a bad situation if a player requires some time and development to fit into a bigger role.

Most NBA franchises have smartly realized that the typical 1st or 2nd round NBA contract is so low relative to the production the player provides over the life of that contract, even if the production is little, that it's not a bad situation if a player requires some time and development to fit into a bigger role.
Especially if they come in with elite athleticism and the ability to guard multiple positions and protect the rim.

Bazley has a lot more skills than Jackson. Bailey has a pretty well rounded game.
Maybe. But the point remains. Lots of people here don’t understand NBA standards for skill sets, athleticism, etc. shoot lots of people here thought Anthony Davis was a project.

How long did people think Bazley would take?

I don't follow the NBA closely at all. Is Bazley still in the G-League? If so, how is he doing? Has he started a trend as his agent predicted?

These aren't necessarily directed at you, AZOrange . I was just curious since you mentioned his name.

I don't follow the NBA closely at all. Is Bazley still in the G-League? If so, how is he doing? Has he started a trend as his agent predicted?

These aren't necessarily directed at you, AZOrange . I was just curious since you mentioned his name.
He is doing great in the NBA. And, there is a whole G-League team of Darius Bazleys.

Bazley had a solid rookie year, better than expected, and contributed as a rotation guy on a playoff team.

This season his team is worse (on purpose, rebuilding with young talent) but his role has expanded and he's averaging 12 points and 7.5 rebounds a game.

He has outperformed his draft position.

Well the production is almost always little for "players that aren't ready yet"...

But even when the player is actually an exceptional NBA player they generally end up on a big market team anyway...its like they are mining for mediocrity with this approach, imo.

Well the production is almost always little for "players that aren't ready yet"...

But even when the player is actually an exceptional NBA player they generally end up on a big market team anyway...its like they are mining for mediocrity with this approach, imo.
The production is almost always little for rookies, regardless of readiness.

Which sounds a lot like IJ. God I wish he came here

His dad seemed to pump up his season at Kentucky. Unfortunately for pops IJ would of improved his draft stock tremendously with us given how this year played out. Or Alabama for that matter.

His dad seemed to pump up his season at Kentucky. Unfortunately for pops IJ would of improved his draft stock tremendously with us given how this year played out. Or Alabama for that matter.
His dad wanted him to go to SU, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom