Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

I love what Bulldog4 brings to the board!

But please REMEMBER people, if IJ goes elsewhere, don’t blame Bulldog. The information he just gave was the most accurate his source had at the time; things may change but it’s not Bulldogs fault. He’s nice enough to pass along info as he gets it. I hate when good insiders leave here because of the idiots that think of a kid doesn’t choose Syracuse it’s because the insider was wrong all along
Bulldog be like...
1572374716211.jpeg

The experts seemed to be onto Andre Jackson’s quick reversal.

I mean I appreciate the info I get from here but if everything that is non-SU fan related (and some that are) are saying it’s a two horse race between UK and Bama then maybe...it’s a race between UK and Bama.

But as always, if I’m wrong I’d be more than happy to quote this post and laugh at myself.

I mean I appreciate the info I get from here but if everything that is non-SU fan related (and some that are) are saying it’s a two horse race between UK and Bama then maybe...it’s a race between UK and Bama.

But as always, if I’m wrong I’d be more than happy to quote this post and laugh at myself.
right or wrong, i'll laugh at you right now

True. I'm just saying that more often then not these guys at the very least have a decent idea as to where he might end up. Most of the stuff mentioned has been about 2 schools (not us). You say these recruiting gurus are guessing when it comes to this stuff but if that's true then they need to play the lotto...if you follow recruting then you would know that these guys are fairly accurate in their predictions. I will say that this recruitment has been fairly quiet and most of these guys have mentioned that they have had a hard time getting a good read on where hes heading so maybe they are just throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks. It would be encouraging though if at least one of these guys would mention us as being a actual contender here. Feels more like we are the pretender in this one and I hope that it shocks the heck out of all these guys once he picks cuse.

Consider the sources. Alabama and Kentucky gurus?

If the experts get it wrong our board should hold them accountable.

Last edited:
Yep. So my question would be why has pretty much every single national media outlet/recruiting guru made us out to be the redheaded step child in this recruitment? Are we actually 3rd? Is it because like some on here have mentioned that Red and our staff doesnt communicate with these media guys? I'm not sure that's legitimate. More often then not these guys have a pretty solid grasp as to what's going on with these kids recruitments. Yea they dont always get it right but they usually have a good idea of 2 schools that could be possible for the kid. We have been consistently mentioned as the 3rd wheel throughout this entire thing.

Because these articles parrot each other.

Doesn't mean that he won't pick UK or Bama, but there's nothing else to go on other than the recency of his visit to tuscaloosa. Their take: since Bama has the final impression and he expressed enjoyment about the trip, they've got a great shot. But watch out -- you can never count Cal out. Syracuse? Yeah, they had momentum three weeks ago.. but BAMA and UK!!!!!

No. All recruiting sites/media

The ones that are saying they really don’t know?

This is from national recruiting guru Eric Bossi (whom my buddy knew pretty well at Kansas):

"I know that there has been a lot of buzz for the Crimson Tide on this one and Jackson could be a huge score for first-year head coach Nate Oats. Previously, I had been favoring Kentucky for Jackson but I've never felt strong enough about any school's standing with him to predict it as his ultimate destination.

I'm still not quite ready to log a pick, but I am starting to lean toward Alabama here."

Clearly, he's guessing. I think a lot of times, these guys just pass along what they hear when they go to these camps

I thought this was interesting to, from a few years back;

He picked Kansas for Marques Bolden (Duke) and Houston or Kansas for Jarrett Allen (Texas).

Last edited:
Perhaps we are the ones purposely pushing the agenda that we are last.

Hop would always say “it’s never fun being the hunted in recruiting...you want the focus of negative recruiting (which everyone does) on someone else.”

So he never wanted info out that we were the leader or close to getting kids.

The Fab Melo recruitment was a classic example.

Perhaps we are the ones purposely pushing the agenda that we are last.

Hop would always say “it’s never fun being the hunted in recruiting...you want the focus of negative recruiting (which everyone does) on someone else.”

So he never wanted info out that we were the leader or close to getting kids.

The Fab Melo recruitment was a classic example.
Any feeling on where we stand Jake?

It helps to consider the context of everything that was going on at the time of Hop's departure and the subsequent downturn in recruiting. The NCAA sanctions and recruiting restrictions would have greatly hampered Hop's recruiting success at SU.
The worst of the sanctions would have passed. Hop was scheduled to take over last season.

Because these articles parrot each other.

Doesn't mean that he won't pick UK or Bama, but there's nothing else to go on other than the recency of his visit to tuscaloosa. Their take: since Bama has the final impression and he expressed enjoyment about the trip, they've got a great shot. But watch out -- you can never count Cal out. Syracuse? Yeah, they had momentum three weeks ago.. but BAMA and UK!!!!!

Agree, but Dean’s podcast wasn’t optimistic either.

Any feeling on where we stand Jake?
None. My days of getting daily updates are gone. But I think this is the kind of recruitment we have success in.

1) Kid seems to be led by sane parental guidance. We haven’t done well recently in murkey recruitments.

2) Having daily direct flights to Syracuse from Detroit is usually a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge positive factor when pitching parents.

3) The kids highlights focus on shotblocking and defense. That’s an easy sell for the zone and our history encouraging kids to go for the block at all costs.

So, it makes sense for us here as long as it’s a conversation between our staff, the kid and his dad. The fact that they looked us up on purpose is a good sign. But any hints of AAU guys getting involved late would be worrisome.

the more quiet this continues, the better for us I think. My one concern is that I think this staff always thinks they are in better shape than they are.

See I go the other way on the AJ situation: They had UConn trailing till the last 2 weeks or so, before they all jumped on the bandwagon. Prior to that it was all about us being the leader.
I start paying attention in the last two weeks of a recruitment. IJ’s announcement will be mid-November, and if the “buzz” remains the same then it’s likely Bama/UK. Till then, all this speculation is just conjecture & blind rhetoric. IOW, nobody knows anything.

See I go the other way on the AJ situation: They had UConn trailing till the last 2 weeks or so, before they all jumped on the bandwagon. Prior to that it was all about us being the leader.
I start paying attention in the last two weeks of a recruitment. IJ’s announcement will be mid-November, and if the “buzz” remains the same then it’s likely Bama/UK. Till then, all this speculation is just conjecture & blind rhetoric. IOW, nobody knows anything.

Well the momentum shifted to Uconn after he visited there, and we’re about two weeks out from Mid-November as it is.

That being said if something crazy happens like he decides to visit SU again I’ll be losing my mind with everyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom