Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

If IJ were to decide to play for our HOF coach he would be a very fortunate young man. There is no doubt that Jim will prepare him for life in the NBA and more importantly life after basketball better than Cal or Oates. Next year SU would with his addition be positioned to make a serious run. Top 4 in the ACC with a team that would be 2 or more deep at every position. One and done or two and done it doesn't matter. JB will prepare this young man for life and he will rock the largest crowds in all of college basketball in the New Dome.

Pic from NBA Top 100 camp this summer. I see 2 future teammates that belong in orange.

IMG_20191031_033800.jpg

My one concern is that I think this staff always thinks they are in better shape than they are.
the board obsesses over some big misses . . . but the staff's intuition has been right on, what. 9 of the last 11?

I found the comments about Alabama interesting. First, the Jacksons were surprised at how nice the program seemed, which leads one to believe that prior to going down for the visit Alabama was not the leader.
“It went pretty good, better than expected,” Wesley Jackson said. “It kind of shocked us and the program is in better shape than what I imagined."
Does this sound like a guy who was heading down there to confirm that Alabama should be the choice? Or does it sound like a guy with unclear expectations and not necessarily strongly leaning towards that program as some have suggested?

Second, the idea that Jackson would be the star surrounded by role players is a weird pitch by Alabama in my view. The trend these days is that kids want to play with other good players and they know they don't have to dominate statistically to get drafted. Mr. Jackson has previously noted that he liked that the players at UK battle each other and get better in practice, "iron sharpens iron," I believe was his quote.

Also Mr. Jackson talked about the family atmosphere he liked at Cuse. How will he and Isaiah react to Alabama talking down their own players to a certain extent? At Bama he took pictures with Saban and Namath, at Cuse he met with other players, their families, Tiana, etc. which led him to feel like Cuse was a family. That would seem to have some significance.

From afar it seems like Wesley is driving the bus. Maybe not. But if that is the case I feel a little better based on this article that Cuse might be the place that Pops would prefer, at least over Alabama. And at the very least this article makes me believe that this decision has not been made yet and that we have a shot.

“Me and Kenny [Payne] texted at the beginning of the week,” he said. “Me and coach [Jim] Boeheim and coach [Red] Autry we talked [Wednesday] as a matter of fact. So we’re still in touch with all of them. We normally talk at least once, sometimes twice a week.”
Good...

I found the comments about Alabama interesting. First, the Jacksons were surprised at how nice the program seemed, which leads one to believe that prior to going down for the visit Alabama was not the leader.
“It went pretty good, better than expected,” Wesley Jackson said. “It kind of shocked us and the program is in better shape than what I imagined."
Does this sound like a guy who was heading down there to confirm that Alabama should be the choice? Or does it sound like a guy with unclear expectations and not necessarily strongly leaning towards that program as some have suggested?

Second, the idea that Jackson would be the star surrounded by role players is a weird pitch by Alabama in my view. The trend these days is that kids want to play with other good players and they know they don't have to dominate statistically to get drafted. Mr. Jackson has previously noted that he liked that the players at UK battle each other and get better in practice, "iron sharpens iron," I believe was his quote.

Also Mr. Jackson talked about the family atmosphere he liked at Cuse. How will he and Isaiah react to Alabama talking down their own players to a certain extent? At Bama he took pictures with Saban and Namath, at Cuse he met with other players, their families, Tiana, etc. which led him to feel like Cuse was a family. That would seem to have some significance.

From afar it seems like Wesley is driving the bus. Maybe not. But if that is the case I feel a little better based on this article that Cuse might be the place that Pops would prefer, at least over Alabama. And at the very least this article makes me believe that this decision has not been made yet and that we have a shot.
I think your right on the money with the Alabama comments. Those comments dont coincide with Alabama being perceived as the leader in the clubhouse for the past month or 2. This would be a huge recruiting win if we can pull this off. Kadary is going to climb more in the rankings so a class of woody/kadary/Isaiah would end up being ranked pretty high I would think.

I think your right on the money with the Alabama comments. Those comments dont coincide with Alabama being perceived as the leader in the clubhouse for the past month or 2. This would be a huge recruiting win if we can pull this off. Kadary is going to climb more in the rankings so a class of woody/kadary/Isaiah would end up being ranked pretty high I would think.
Gotta think IJ and Kadary talk too

It's also a bit telling on where Isaiah stands with UK. They have Kenny Payne doing the talking with the recruitment nearing the end and we have JB and Red doing the talking. If he was really high on UKs priorities then PayPal Cal would be the one doing the closing right now with a decision so close...not his assistant. Cal is the closer. Starting to think we are in pretty good shape here.

It's also a bit telling on where Isaiah stands with UK. They have Kenny Payne doing the talking with the recruitment nearing the end and we have JB and Red doing the talking. If he was really high on UKs priorities then PayPal Cal would be the one doing the closing right now with a decision so close...not his assistant. Cal is the closer. Starting to think we are in pretty good shape here.
Damn you. I was hurrying back to the board to make the same exact point you just made. If we read that he talked to Coach cal on Weds and talked with Red, we would be very upset.

Damn you. I was hurrying back to the board to make the same exact point you just made. If we read that he talked to Coach cal on Weds and talked with Red, we would be very upset.
Yep...that says a lot about where UK has him on their board. Gotta be us/bama and we are going to win this mofo!! I'm talking myself into it 100%. Diving in headfirst f it!

Lol this is the walk back of all walk backs.

Totally agree there should be no bitter sentiment against IJ or his family - who are from all accounts good people making the best decision for them - but this feels like a walk back from how confident you were so recently.

I hope those comments are right but just another example of why we should always manage our expectations.

Jesse Edwards is about to be a diamond in the rough imo
Slap my forehead

Give me a break

This is what makes it hard to be a Syracuse fan sometimes. The ridiculous postings of Cuse fans

yep, as you say. if it was mentioned that if it was only our assistant going up Cal we would be hearing non stop about Boeheim being outworked, laziness not showing the love...blah blahh blah.

Cuse!

cool
except we weren't talking about makes and misses. we were considering the staff's ability properly gauge a recruit's intentions
tenor.gif
How do you do that when it can change from day to day. This is recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom