Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Of course, if we don't get him, this fact will be used by our fans to show how terrible our recruiting strategy is... The perennial "All Eggs Attack."
Yeah...so frustrating. Totally disregards the spring period where were usually active. Lots of late signees this year too...

Proximity to home. Check
Dad favorite. Check
HOF Coach. Check
Showcase piece. Check
Best conf in hoops. Check
NBA pedigrees. Check
Lots of championship pieces. Check
Derrick Coleman. Check

The thing that I keep coming back to is that IJ came back to us...

Last I checked Syracuse isn’t going after another forward like Alabama and Uk are ... notice how SU hasn’t reached out to anyone. Bama has. UK has. I trust that fact more than anything about social media...
Is it possible that we are not looking to take more than 2 this year with IJ being an exception? Just putting that out there as a potential reason we are not after other kids at the moment. Not trying to be a buzzkill.

Proximity to home. Check
Dad favorite. Check
HOF Coach. Check
Showcase piece. Check
NBA pedigrees. Check
Derrick Coleman. Check

We know for a fact we’re dads favorite? Also other than Derrick Coleman, UK can say all of that

Last I checked Syracuse isn’t going after another forward like Alabama and Uk are ... notice how SU hasn’t reached out to anyone. Bama has. UK has. I trust that fact more than anything about social media...
Which I have also stated earlier in thread regarding who bama is recruiting and their scholarship situation but when i mention anything social media related that's the only thing people want to focus on. Outside of the social media aspect of this recruitment and what all the media guys are saying It would appear that Syracuse might be in the best position to land him. UK is recruting a few other highly rated kids. (I've also mentioned this numerous times) and there has been little involvement from their end recently. We are the stealthiest college program out there when it comes to recruting. Everything we do is under the radar. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'll leave the social media posts out of it from now on because people seem to get confused by it. Just trying to share stuff surrounding the recruit and at the very least gives us stuff to talk about with such a quiet recruitment. :rolleyes:

Proximity to home. Check
Dad favorite. Check
HOF Coach. Check
Showcase piece. Check
NBA pedigrees. Check
Derrick Coleman. Check

So now we know that we are his dads favorite? This is about as factual as saying bama is the leader because Oats liked Isaiahs last IG post. Where has it been stated we are the favorite? Didnt know Derrick Coleman was our closer? Glad we are finally utilizing past players to help us sway recruits decisions. Proximity to home might only help us with bama. Not sure there is a big different from Detroit to cuse or Lexington. I think UK is actually closer. We have the HOF coach over Oats...Cal has a decent pedigree...he ain't too shabby. NBA stuff we have over bama...I'm not so sure about UK. Championship pieces is up for interpretation. Every school can say they have that. We are definitely best set up to showcase him, that one I'll give ya! We got this now based off this info that has been shared with us.

Last edited:

And if we're standing in third place isn't this a poor strategy?

Of course, if we don't get him, this fact will be used by our fans to show how terrible our recruiting strategy is... The perennial "All Eggs Attack."

And then the all eggs attack is rebutted with Hakeem Warrick with Julius Hodge which was 17 years ago.

IJ isn’t nearly the showcase piece at UK that he would be here. And the SEC ain’t the ACC...in hoops.

Doesnt this negate the "stars like playing with other stars" concept that is thrown around here often? What is it.

Let me summarize for all y'all:

Bad news: Jackson follows UK more than Bama and Cuse on social media. UK has Cal. Prognosticators picking Bama right now. Syracuse rarely wins recruiting battles against UK

Good news: Bama and UK might be scrambling for other recruits right now. Syracuse isn't. Prognosticators don't really know where he'll land. Jackson family reached out to Syracuse, not other way around

Please remember, we have Woody Newton coming as a forward next year. And if they miss on Jackson, they’ll just focus on Benny Williams (class of 21) as another forward.

Guerrier will be back next year. Braswell will be here. So, likely, will Dolezaj. Richmond can play some SF if needed.

And then the all eggs attack is rebutted with Hakeem Warrick with Julius Hodge which was 17 years ago.

Rare that we got Hak and it worked out. That was a long time ago. We need to be able to close on top tier talent. If you look around at the top of the conference the talent is crazy .We need to keep up if want to win

Rare that we got Hak and it worked out. That was a long time ago. We need to be able to close on top tier talent. If you look around at the top of the conference the talent is crazy .We need to keep up if want to win

Well, yeah, but - Nworra was basically Just A Guy when he was a recruit.
DeAndre Hunter wasn't expected to be remotely as great as he ended up being.

Sometimes teams just get really lucky when a guy they land blows up after arriving on campus.
Like Hak did.

It’s going to be hard, especially over the next few years as JB winds down. We’ve sorta reached the stage where our recruiting amounts to grabbing an undervalued kid from Canada, a host of prospects in the plus 50 range (nothing wrong with that) and possibly finding a sleeper in the spring. Maybe it works out with Jackson. It’s going to be vital that we get a dynamic recruiter after JB retires.

To play devil's advocate...he reached out to us...maybe we werent in the market for another Forward? So if we lose him...no biggie...we werent looking anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom